Linkin Park - Heavy feat. Kiiara Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

And we have to wait until 3 years for a new album. If the reason behind One More Light being delayed due to files were corrupted during the recording process, that means they have ton of demos starting from 2015. Welcome was an indication to be the direction though it was a FM single but the idea started from there onwards. I like that they went this route not to piss the fans but this is the way of compensating the loss they had from THP sales.

2. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

People have been editing the genres for this song like every hour on Wikipedia :rofl:

Michele likes this.
  3. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

No need to get so personal towards The Wretched King.. we're all just stating opinions etc.

@Joe I understand and yeah, sorry.. LP were just a big part of my musical life, and I disagree with Mike when he labels anyone who openly dislikes the track as "negative" etc. That isn't the case.

4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I get it. But damn, you need to just chill a little and not get so worked over a song, especially before the album. Not sure if you missed it but you should really listen to what Mike had to say in our podcast during the making of One More Light. It's so appropriate and applies to how a lot of the sources you're citing are reacting:

Sasuke likes this.
  5. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Yeah, I think it's already been stated - but if your opinion is that you don't like the song, that's okay. There's no need to make statements about other people or the opinions of other people.

Also, if YouTube is your gauge for the fan base, you're going to be grossly misled.

Princess Neptune likes this.
  6. Dan-e-o

Dan-e-o Member

If Linkin Park was to go to the pop route as they are. I wouldn't be mad if they didn't like this, still keeping some rock. Still love my LP though. PMA

7. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

i liked this song from the beginning. not dissapointed

8. Princess Neptune

Princess Neptune Mike Shinoda ft. Linkin Park

I just listened to the track and it's.... surprisingly pretty decent.

To be honest the main issue I have with the track is it sounds too Auto-Tuned. I actually really like the more minimalist aspects of the song, and the piano is simply beautiful (then again, maybe I'm just a sucker for piano). Beat feels a little too much like a generic future bass track to me, IMO, but it more or less works. Getting some Twenty One Pilots vibes from Chester's intro vocals, which actually seems pretty cool.

Overall a pretty good track, a little poppy for my tastes, but assuming the rest of the album is more experimental then I think I'm fairly pleased with what I'm hearing. I think that if they play their cards right this could actually end up being their highest-rated album.

Edit: Gyah, I just realised how much this track reminds me of a Chainsmokers song. I am surprisingly okay with that.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  9. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

It's a very dangerous game relying on YouTube comments to gauge a song's popularity or approval rating. Think about it; how likely are you to send in a letter of praise to a company for a good experience that you've encountered? Now rethink that scenario but instead of a positive experience, you had an awful experience. I would hazard a guess and say you would be far more likely to complain than you would be to praise. I'm guilty of it myself.

Though there may be a perceived 'hatred' for this song online (YouTube and Twitter), the song has been sitting in the top 15 on iTunes in Australia since Friday. The official charts for the first week will be out on Sunday, but I'm predicting the best chart debut for one of their songs since New Divide. Given that song was released in 2009, that's a pretty awesome achievement and speaks for the longevity of this band.

I know Australia isn't exactly an indicator for the rest of the world, but given the band didn't even tour here for The Hunting Party and the song has received little next to no promotion... I'd say it's doing bloody well and being received very positively.

10. Danasaur

Danasaur Active Member

People are like "waah it's too poppy" and "where's the rock?" and I guess I shouldn't be surprised cause it's the freakin cesspool that is the Youtube comments section. But I can see where they're coming from. For me, this is disappointing not because of the sound or the genre...but the depth. Meteora and ATS were really deep, beautiful and emotional albums. This stuff just sounds trite in comparison. That's just my opinion anyway.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  11. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Damn it Joe, I already quoted that

12. joshtrum

joshtrum Active Member

When the members of LP wrote Hybrid Theory and Meteora, they were at a point in their lives where there was more aggression and a yearning to make music, as they matured their views changed, the music became more political, now on this record they're trying to write more personally. The Hunting Party all things considered was formed as a criticism of music today being too soft and labeled rock. So again, it is jarring that they go this direction. I do not hate the music. I pre-ordered the album, even though its not the single, I've been singing that "sorry for now" clip in my head because it is super catchy. Someone said that not every LP song is a knockout winner. Heavy is okay, but not great for me. It is missing something. My point is, is that people have to accept that portions of the fan base are mad because they feel slapped in the face by a pop album after the band threw out there pop music they were making and decided to make a very heavy album. People also have to understand that others are fine with this music and not bothered by it because they enjoy the sound. The music will change because what they are writing about will change.

Kareem Saad likes this.
  13. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

someone was accusing me of being sexist because i didnt want female guest vocals (or any guest vocals for that matter) on OML

and Heavy is pretty girly. It's like Hillary Duff meets Pink meets Adele. It should be on Kiiara's new album (Heavy ft. Chester Bennington).

14. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

Okay so the Lyric Video has crossed 5 million views.

The stats are improving as of late - 162k likes vs 58k dislikes.

Its trending a lot.

15. MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

35.6% Dislike to Like Ratio on Youtube. Definitely not typical from Linkin Park.

16. MarcusArelius

Actually it's not improving....the percentage of dislikes is growing, not decreasing or staying stagnant.

17. wattmatters

The likes are increasing way faster.

It was 150 to 50 yesterday.

18. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

You guys realize active youtubers are mostly gen z and millennials, right? The results would be way different if every LP fan voted like or dislike

brady and Blake like this.
  19. MarcusArelius

That's not how you analyze the math....On Saturday the dislike to like ratio was hovering around 32%, today it's pushing 36%. This is the one metric I've been watching because I'm actually surprised it's received as many likes as it has. I expect it will top off around 40% dislikes to 60% likes.

20. wattmatters

Yea Ive quoted before that due to extensive promotion and radio play of Heavy, it drew the attention of the casual fans of LP music who were just unaware of most of their recent albums until this.

So the change in style baffled them.
    Quite simple