Linkin Park...Gothic?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by brownvision03, Nov 4, 2003.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Yeah I dont see anything wrong with gothic people....my girlfriend is somewhat gothic and Im absolutely crazy about her. Some of my friends are goth, theres nothing wrong with them.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

A lot of Gothic girls are really, really attractive.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

A lot of Gothic girls are really, really attractive. [/b][/quote]
    Oh I know... :shifty:

Veronica is probably the most amazing girl Ive ever met. Shes so original and shes got a lot going for her, but a lot of people judge her because shes "a goth" and everytime someone says that to her I just flip. Some b*stards are just so quick to judge people and its ridiculous.

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

actually, michael moore, a man i greatly respect in his documentary "bowling for columbine" does mention several times that the things people watch (like movies) and listen to (like music)could be the reason why those two guys did do the shooting. but if that were the case, bowling could be the reason why they killed those students and themselves (they went bowling in the mornings) hence the name "bowling for columbine" but that isnt the topic, but i sometimes like making points that have nothing to do with the subject.

Will

actually, michael moore, a man i greatly respect in his documentary "bowling for columbine" does mention several times that the things people watch (like movies) and listen to (like music)could be the reason why those two guys did do the shooting. but if that were the case, bowling could be the reason why they killed those students and themselves (they went bowling in the mornings) hence the name "bowling for columbine" but that isnt the topic, but i sometimes like making points that have nothing to do with the subject. [/b][/quote]
    If the music is to blame for kids going out and shooting people up, then the RIAA should be more worried about stopping this supposed music then stopping people from downloading music. Think about it.

I listen to tons of hard rock and metal, the supposed music that makes people want to go out and shoot things up, and I've never once had the urge to go kill someone just because of the music that I listen to.

Numb Girl

Numb Girl Well-Known Member

If you'd tell this someone who listens to Gothic,I think he'd laugh at you! :)

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Where I live in the UK, a lot of people think that a 'goth' is someone who listens to anything with a guitar and drum beat in it...

That's how pathetic some people are...

I get called a 'goth' not because I wear black clothes, but because of the music I listen to and everytime I get into an arguement/fight the first thing they use as an insult is 'You're a goth' and I think that's pretty damn lame...

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Exactly, and people fail to realize that it's very hurtful or a very offensive thing to say. (Not targeting) but another insult people use (here) is "gay", and I mean c'mon, that's being homophobic all together. It's just so stupid how kids these days can insult and discriminate someone and not even know it or care. It just goes to show you how ignorant and pathetic our world has become...

Bryan

Bryan Guest

If being gothic is so cool and they're really great people then why is being called a goth offensive to you? If you don't like being called a goth because you wear all black...don't wear all black.

Will

It's not really offensive in the same way that it's offensive to be called a name. It's the fact that people stereotype that makes it so bad. It's kind of like being racist, and saying that someone is a thief because they're black. It's just offensive.

withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

thats just like saying "dont be homosexual" to someone that is homosexual." thats just like saying "dont have african american parents" to someone that is (not targeted) black. thats like saying "dont be depressed" to someone who has been obused, has divorced parents, who has an alchoholic parent, who has a drug addicted parent or is exculed all their life.(the list goes on.) in other words, i greatly disagree with this statement, you cant change who you are and how you want to feel, just like you cant change the way you dress so that you arent labbeled, i'd rather be labelled as a goth so i can wear black than wear pink.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

OFF TOPIC: Hey man, I know this may not help any..but I'm sorry you have such a rough life. I'm also 15, and my life didn't used to be all that great, and since I was 7 I had cut and carved my arms (never slit my wrists though) and punched my walls and was just a really mean guy that nobody liked, and I didn't mean to be mean to anyone, it was just that I had such a sucky life that I hated everyone for it. I think it was mainly all because of my drunken burn out dad, but sad to say, ever since he left me my life has been a lot better. And I saw you say there may be others like you, and I just wanted to say I know what it's all like, and I hope your life gets better like mine. :)

ON TOPIC: I don't really know if I should even answer it, because everyone else has answered the way I'm going to. So here goes the obvious default answer: No, I do not think LP have gone gothic, nor do I think they will. I think LP has gotten a little darker in the lyrics, and a little harder with their music. Period. And while I was reading Keaton's many posts, which we're highly intelligent and really long ( :p ) I agree with him entirely. You shouldn't single out someone as a goth because they wear black. I remember seeing something about techno gots or something, that wear metallic/very bright colored cloths. I am not gothic, but I wear black every chance I can get, merely because I think black makes me look good ^_^ . Anyways, kinda got off topic again, but no to simply answer the question (again) no I do not think LP are gothic.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

thats just like saying "dont be homosexual" to someone that is homosexual." thats just like saying "dont have african american parents" to someone that is (not targeted) black. thats like saying "dont be depressed" to someone who has been obused, has divorced parents, who has an alchoholic parent, who has a drug addicted parent or is exculed all their life.(the list goes on.) in other words, i greatly disagree with this statement, you cant change who you are and how you want to feel, just like you cant change the way you dress so that you arent labbeled, i'd rather be labelled as a goth so i can wear black than wear pink. [/b][/quote]
    Wearing all black is a choice you have. You are not forced to wear all black. Therefore, you can stop it at anytime you wish.

You can not just stop being homosexual. You can not just stop the fact that you have african american parents. You can't just stop being depressed.

What you listed are things that are not preventable...wearing all black is very easily preventable. So if you don't like being labeled as a goth, don't wear all black. If you don't mind being labeled as a goth, then by all means wear all black.

:)

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I give up defending myself. Fine, I'm wrong, and I'm wrong for being myself, and I appologize. I'm sorry that I can't be a jock, or I can't shake my ass to rap music. I'm sorry that the way I feel seems so emo to people and that it pisses them off. I'm sorry that the way I see things and feel things is so blind.

I'm tired of people not understanding me and today is my limit. I can't help to be who I am, and therefor it's hard to live. I'm really in no mood to continue on, so I shall leave it as such.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Hey you know I wasn't being sarcastic towards you in my post right? :wth:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Wearing all black is a choice you have. You are not forced to wear all black. Therefore, you can stop it at anytime you wish.

You can not just stop being homosexual. You can not just stop the fact that you have african american parents. You can't just stop being depressed.

What you listed are things that are not preventable...wearing all black is very easily preventable. So if you don't like being labeled as a goth, don't wear all black. If you don't mind being labeled as a goth, then by all means wear all black.

:) [/b][/quote]
    I know an admin shouldn't be saying this to another admin, but you are really, really, ignorant Bryan. Do you honestly think that by simply changing the way you dress, you will be able to change a PRE-DETERMINED label for you that people around your school have decided for you? If you suddenly dressed gothic people would go "oh look at him, he's not acting like a BMX rider anymore." People have pre-determined labels for people, and simply changing your clothes will not change a damn thing.

I wear a crapload of black, and I have but only one reason for doing so. I believe I look attractive (not being conceited here) when I wear a lot of black because I feel that color compliments my face and body the best when I'm trying to go and pick up chicks. Does that mean because I dress that way that I am a gothic kid and that I follow that lifestyle? Not at all, it simply is my choice of what I want to wear.

Telling someone to stop dressing black so that they wont look gothic is extremely ignorant and almost moronic. Being gothic is not just in the way you dress, being gothic is a complete way of life.

Yes, Keaton may be sucked into that label because of the way he acts and the way he dresses, but that is HIS STYLE and his choice on how to present himself. To be ignorant and tell him to not be himself just so people will treat him different is disrespectful, and I don't think you've learned a thing from my talk with you a few days ago.