Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 7, 2014.
This song has a Powerless+What I've Done feel to it
I'm in the middle of my first listen, and the song is very movie-like. I like it, and it's about on par with Until it's Gone. A good summer ballad that should no doubt be a single and should be a hit.
People need to understand that, while the band have said this is a heavy album, there is nothing wrong with having ballads. This album is still heavy so far, and Final Masquerade is still different than what's currently on the radio, different enough anyway. Good, epic track that should fit in with everything else on the album.
Guys this album has been confirmed as the Heaviest LP album to date.
Calm down til you listen to full album
I like it and that part before the first chorus where the guitar builds up and then stops is nice. I like what I've heard so far, so I'm definitely looking forward to the album, but it's nice to know FM and UIG are the only real soft songs on this album. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of the heavy and soft side of LP, but when they first announced the album I was hoping every song would just be aggressive and loud. For me: Reb > GATS > FM > WL > UIG
Just my 2 cents...
I went to the LPU listening party in LA this week and was able to hear the whole album straight through and then we went back and listened to 3 songs again that we all agreed on, with that in mind...
1. I've been a fan of LP since Hybrid Theory, so i've grown up with the band. I can honestly say, I got goosebumps listening to it and I haven't felt that way since listening to Meteora back in 2003.
2. This album sounds 1000x better when it's heard from start to finish. This has become a common theme with the past few releases.
3. The quality that we have been hearing on the internet is garbage. Don't waste your time making judgements till you get the real thing.
4. Every song that has been released can stand on their own merits, but when you see how the songs fit into the album, they sound much better.
5. There were times I did not think I was listening to a Linkin Park album.
6. The interludes/instrumentals and "slower songs" create this sense of buildup/giving you a "break" from the fast upbeat songs. It's very unique and creative. I really enjoyed it, the album felt like a journey.
6. Rob's drumming on this album is INSANE !
7. There are times when you feel you are being punched in the face at how raw, loud, and intense the music is and other times when you realize how much the band has grown over the years, you get a sense they really tried to create something no one was expecting.
7. I left the listening party feeling like this could be their best work ever.
So PLEASE don't let this leak of The Final Masquerade be the song that ruins in for you. it's a GREAT song and the PERFECT lead into A Line In The Sand.
To me it doesn't feel like an ATS song at all. It's more like a MTM or (maybe) Meteora song. I say this because for some reason the songs that came to my head when I listened to this were LOATR and SIB.
Also, the lyrics are way better than the other singles.
I know right. I've not heard the song but come on! Every review that has come out so far has stated how heavy this album really is. But people poke fun at the album based on two songs.
damn its good
You hit the nail on the head with the last sentence. FM "fits" with the rest of the album when listened to from front to back. It doesn't feel out of place.
This album should be titled "Welp we Officially Cant Please Everyone"
Wow this track was really good.
It's a Linkin Park ballad for sure but one of the best they have written.
The solo fitted this song much better than the one in UIG.
And the chorus in this song is just SOOO catchy. Overall a really solid track. I love it.
Can't wait to hear how it all flows together.
Andy Wallace mixed every song except Wastelands, you got it mixed up.
I love the song! Its a super catchy tune (however far from being cheesy) and Chester's vocals are spot-on.
I actually like it better than UIG.
Apparently the album leaked? Not sure if true or not
EDIT: false alarm.
I wouldn't be surprised my friend
According to hasitleaked.com it has not leaked
Listen to this guy.
I'd be surprised if it didn't leak within the next 4 - 5 days tbh.
that website is slow often times.
And I got confirmed it was a false alarm
It releases in 5 days in some countries, if I'm not mistaken. So it wouldn't be much of a leak then.
If I recall correctly, ATS leaked about 2 weeks before it released. Same with Living Things.
Separate names with a comma.