Linkin Park Featured In LA Sunday Times

Discussion in 'News' started by Luke, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

But once u stop paying, you stop supporting, and once u stop supporting, then it leads to less success, and eventual failure. I think bands do change their sounds but I think they remain still to their core in terms of genre, ATS strays away too far away from the genre the media and most associate LP with, which is rock. But you are right, they shouldn't have to change the name. I also think they should just back up their claim that they can make an HT 2 easily.. and just do it so they can shut everyone up and they can continue maturing this sound :p.

TheRAT

TheRAT Well-Known Member

sorry if this has been addressed but....

ATS hasnt even broken 100,000 in sales?????

Shadow

I think we find out tomorrow. I think it has.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Great read, i hope they keep this road and dig it more and more.

I wrote this on another thread but no one commented it.. is the you tube channel of lp controlled by the band itself? Why was Waiting for the End removed for copyright violation by Warner? On Their channel?

Quiksand

Quiksand Member

lol it will easily break 100k in sales. Projections were around 250k.

Linkin Park should not have to change the name of the band or do anything people want them to do. Seriously without Linkin Park there would not be the amazing music they have given us today. It's their damn band for pete's sake, they can do whatever the hell they want. They put the damn album up on Myspace for people to hear. So guess what, all the babies crying about wasting their money on LP's cd should have listened to it on myspace/youtube or taken it back for a refund. The band isn't forcing ANYONE to buy it.

BTW another great read about LP

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
    Shadow

I didn't know they put it on myspace, then if it's free already then yea no need for the name change. Now I am not saying they have to cater to anyone, no band needs to but if you want to make money and sales, then you have to. Hence commercial success. I am not saying they gotta do what I say or what the fans say. I am saying if they want to avoid the failure aspect that they feel in this review "could" happen that's one of the ways to prevent it. It's called fan service. Some people enjoy doing it , some don't. I am sure LP will come around and give fan service to their fans. I do think LP is the "Square-Enix" of music. They give you a brand new Final Fantasy game, with the same core aspects, but it's never the same final fantasy game in terms of story and continuity. (with the exceptions of X-2 lol).

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Can they be SquareSoft? It all kinda went down the drain with Enix... :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.