Linkin Park Demand Release From Warner Bros

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

You forgot how he spelled "mistake".

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Well, the spelling is a given, so...

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

Praise be to the all mighty grammar gestapo :lol:

LigerZeroShneider

LigerZeroShneider Well-Known Member

You know, how come I feel that Jay-Z being Def Jam President has something to do with this? Jay-Z could easily make Machine Shop Records, like his own label, Roc-a-Fella Records. He would just distribute the records of LP. Jay-Z is a friend after all, and after working with Jay-Z they do learn about each other careers from a better standpoint, and maybe Jay-Z's control of his own material is something LP wanted also.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

That actually makes sense.

Damn, interesting.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

Tell me, what has this got to do with anything?

forget it, ill just pretend that was just a joke.

LP1988

LP1988 Active Member

man, im sorta amazed...if thats what had been happening at WB...LP has the right to be pissed off at being exploited for money like this...i hope they cut off their contract with WG asap...but then...they said its goin to be long before they release their 3rd album...it was set for summer 2006, i thought that was long....and now this...and i don't think The rising tied would be affected...cuz i think its under JZs label...i think...Fort Minor is JZs record...or am i bullshitting..i dunno...

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

One thing I've always liked about Linkin Park is that they can make a rap song, a soft rock song, or a heavier song and it will all sound like Linkin Park.

Oh, and NIN are overrated.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Well, that wasn't random at all, was it? :lol:

a life in ashes

a life in ashes mercury summer

care to say why?

its the same kinda thing as the blabbermouth thing, saying various bands/types of music is crap without a reason is stupid if you ask me...

i have no problem with people attacking bands i like, so long as they can give a reason for their opinion other than "they're crap " or words to that effect.

for example i don't really like 50 cent, my reason being he has the chance to spread any message he chooses to millions of people around the world, and he chooses to brag about how himself etc.

oh and to get this back on topic, i personally think a split is just what linkin park need, although they will have to be careful how they go about splitting, WB have the money to cause big problems for LP.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

care to say why? [/b][/quote]
    J only said NIN were overrated, and looking at some of the acclaim NIN get he could be saying that they're just good.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

J only said NIN were overrated, and looking at some of the acclaim NIN get he could be saying that they're just good. [/b][/quote]
    I'd have to agree with J Money. I was hardly about to have a man orgasm over "The Hand That Feeds" unlike some of the people on this forum.

Honestly I think it's one of NIN's worst songs, and I don't care what flames I get for that. I'm not even going to stress myself buying "With Teeth" because I think it'd be a waste of cash.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

wtf? its under Machine Shop Records and not Jay-Z's

erasethepain

How can I explain that a band is overrated? Would there really be a different reason from any other overrated band? They don't have to live up to the pressure that Linkin Park does. They didn't break musical ground with "White Teeth" and they don't deserve to get away with not recieving the critism that other bands face.

I like Nine Inch Nails, but everybody and their mom acts like they changed the world of music.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.

I've seen some pretty bad reviews for "WITH TEETH", actually. I can link you to a pretty bad one I just saw a few hours, if you want.

Oh, and I'm probably the biggest NIN fan on this board, and I'm not 100% satisfied with the new album. It's not perfect, nothing is. You'll see if you read my upcoming review of it.

@Derek: Yeah, the only reason I creamed over THTF is because it was the first "new" song from NIN I heard in a very, very, very long time.

Derek

I didn't say you were the one that creamed Casey. But now that I know the truth, I dont think I'll be shaking your hand, if we meet in public sir. I'd be afraid to ask where it's been. :lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Well, it's only a few days removed from the release of With Teeth, so I don't blame you. :p

Derek

I dont think NIN's any less of a band for having one 'bad' album.

If you look at any band that's been around for a decade or more you'll see they all released a "what the f**k" album. Or in other words, an album that's complete shit.

For example, here's some 'shit' albums from decent bands.

Metallica - St. Anger
    KoRn - Life Is Peachy
    Staind - 14 Shades of Grey (not necesarily shit, but not near their best work)

It's why I dont hate Linkin Park for making a bad record (Meteora). Better they get the crap out early in their career, so that if they do stick around for a while..their music doesn't start to suck with age.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

The only reason Meteora was a bad album was because it didn't expand any, or charter any new territory, save 2 songs maybe.

St. Anger and the like all touched on new ground, but fell on their face. Meteora copied the same formula as Hybrid Theory, and the fans didn't like it apparently.

And With Teeth isn't NIN's weak record in my opinion. It's Pretty Hate Machine. :p

20. erasethepain

??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.