Linkin Park Clip #4 'Risks' Released on LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Feb 9, 2017.

1. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Exactly! This is the same set of reactions we got with ATS and especially when the first teaser of The Catalyst released.

Oh man, LP fans really went crazy during that time. Just look at the like and dislike ratio.

Noenemy and Sasuke like this.
  2. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

I want the new album to be a mix of the styles/sound of MTM and THP. But I know It's not gonna happen.

IronDust71 likes this.
  3. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Even if "Heavy" turns out to be a Chainsmokers-ish song, at least it will have Chester or/and Mike (infinitely better singers).

Case and point:

Their vocal dynamics and versatility is probably my favorite aspect of their music.

And the one thing the band collectively agreed on in the hour long FB discussion video was that the vocals are on point.
    That it what excites me the most. There is always something special in hearing these guys sing on a studio track.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Sasuke likes this.
  4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

The amount of people who were upset they went "techno".

zendesur and Noenemy like this.
  5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Regardless of how little some of these videos are telling us, I'm just happy to be getting 'making of' videos again. That's something that kinda felt sorely lacking from the THP album cycle. Yeah we did get some later on, but not as much 'behind the scenes' as I would've wanted.

Iopia likes this.
  6. IronDust71

IronDust71 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of "One More?" but it seems unrealistic.
    Pretty hyped for the album, damn I don't know where I'm at.

Sasuke likes this.
  7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Me too. I'm kinda happy to be going back to the 'I don't know what the hell we're getting' feeling with a Linkin Park album. That uncertainty was what made the ATS album cycle so exciting.

Bane, Iopia, Sasuke and 1 other person like this.
  8. IronDust71

IronDust71 Well-Known Member

Totally agree ! The ATS album cycle (along with the MTM one) are definitely my favourites. And I'm liking LP7's teasing so far. :)

9. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Better than anything on their first two albums I think. I remember when people said "LP gone all techno". Even though The Catalyst absolutely isn't techno, techno is cool af.

Sasuke likes this.
  10. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I use to dislike HT and it really isn't my favorite due to sounding outdated. However, I've learned to appreciate its technical aspects in a way, so I have found a love for it.

Meteora is one of my favorite records. My opinion has changed of it though as lyrically, it hasn't aged well at all. But GODDAAMMMNN, that production is fantastic. The layers and the sampling is pretty good. For that, it'll have a special place in my heart.

MTM- This is my favorite album. I love the eerie title and the music fits it well. Some of the best ballads the band has made plus some of the best written tracks in general (Hands Held High). I'm not a fan of Given Up or TLTGYA but they are great songs still. It's pretty listenable all the way through.

ATS- I actually really liked it when it first came out and I still do. It's by far their most ambitious record and all the actual songs are good. Some of it isn't as good as I thought it was back then, but, musically, this is their magnum opus.

LT- I've always been kind of jaded with this one. Lost In The Echo is the best opening to an LP album and, for that reason alone, I'm happy this came out. Also love Mike's flow here. But ironically, it's the experimental tracks that ruined it for me (except Until It Breaks). Skin To Bone is the worst song they have ever made imo. Even I'll Be Gone feels like a poor man's In My Remains. It was LP on auto-pilot and it seemed hollow.

THP- This was a return to form imo. I came in expecting to hate it, because i dont like hard rock but i enjoyed it. Besides a few songs I'm not crazy about (GATS, War, MTG), this record brought some energy back with their best instrumental work to date. KTTK, AFN, and Wastelands are absolute bangers, Rebellion is cool lyrically, and I love Until It's Gone and Final Masquerade. It isn't perfect but the replay value is strong even roughly 3 years later. That's a success in my book.

Alexrednex likes this.
  11. Joshua

Joshua is Mr. "to many Mind"

Skin To Bone is actually my favorite song on Living Things :D.

Deliveranze likes this.
  12. Deliveranze

LOL well I do like the Recharged one for the new verses. :p

Bane likes this.
  13. kiwipunx

kiwipunx Part-time ninja turtle.

Jumping on the bandwagon of these personal reviews, haha! I've been listening to Linkin Park since I was eight years old or so, I'm 22 now, and they're still my favourite band. Can't get enough of these guys.

HT - What can I say? Fucking classic. One of the albums that made a big impression on me as a child and as a teenager. My favourites are APFMH and By Myself. I remember when I was little, I begged my mom to record in a cassette tape my two favourite songs at that time: In The End by LP and Clint Eastwood by Gorillsz. Good old days.

Meteora - My favourite old school LP album. I love HT, sure, but oh man, Meteora is just too good imo. I love that it takes the sound in HT and perfects it, also adding a more up-tempo, poppy vibe. Growing up, I loved pop punk bands (Sum 41, FOB, Blink-182...) so I think that's why I like this record so much. Faint is my all time favourite LP song, being Somewhere I Belong and Nobody's Listening my other favourites of this masterpiece.

MTM - My least favourite album by them. Don't get me wrong, it has some amazing songs imo. Leave Out All The Rest and Given Up are some of my favourite LP songs. TLTGYA and Hands Held High are great. But as an album, I find it boring. I just can't find a consistent vibe to it, I could listen to the songs in random order and it wouldn't change a thing. (Also, I can't stand Valentine's Day. Dude, I hate that song haha.)

A Thousand Suns - My favourite LP album and my favourite album in general. This album just blows my mind and I'm a sucker for conceptual albums. I could write a book about how much I love this album and why I think it's amazing. The vibe, the concept, the artwork, the interludes, the creativity. It's a fucking masterpiece. My favourites are When They Come For Me, Waiting For The End and Robot Boy. This album is cathartic.

Living Things - Unpopular opinion: I like this album. I do think it's their least interesting/riskiest record; I totally expected that kind of sound after ATS and I don't see anything new or outstanding about it. Hooooowever, I really like the atmosphere in the album and I love the lyrics to most of the songs. I can listen to it from start to finish and enjoy it so much. My favourites are I'll Be Gone, Until It Breaks and Lost In The Echo. Not an amazing album, but really enjoyable!

The Hunting Party - Kickass record, I love it. Nowadays, as a grown up, I'm really into punk rock and hardcore. So when this record dropped, dude I went crazy about it (and I still do.) Songs like Keys To The Kingdom and War just blew my mind. Rebellion is amazing. Drawbar is imo one of the best things that Linkin Park has ever created. I just enjoy this album so much! I always have a hell of a good time while listening to it.

And those are my personal reviews! Loved reading everyone's opinions. It's so cool that everyone has a different perspective on each album. :lol:

(Sorry if my english is kinda messy sometimes or if this seemed redundant in some parts. Not my first language!)

Noenemy and Alexrednex like this.
  14. kiwipunx

I really like STB as well! Love the instrumental and the distorted voices. I find it kinda relaxing actually.

Sasuke likes this.
  15. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Damn, you type English better than 99% of the people who speak native English! Welcome to the forums! Glad you joined.

16. kiwipunx

Thanks, happy to hear that!
    I've been lurking in the shadows here since years ago. But I'm so excited about the new album I had to join the hype train. :shinado:

Sasuke, Noenemy and Deliveranze like this.
  17. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

What are the chances of getting a new video today given how we got one yesterday?

If I had kids, I'd send them to you for English lessons.

18. Vademek

Vademek Member

I for one am super excited for this album. Used to listen to only rock music in my teenage years, but now when im in my mid twenties, I prefer electronic/trap/future bass geners. People likings change over time, same goes for the band. They are no longer 20 years old, new to the business guys, but mature musicians. If they feel like doing this kind of an album at this moment of their careers all we should do is be thankful to them. A lot of bands that were succesful in the past but couldn't came up with new ideas for their songs just fell apart. LP stayed with the same memebers for nearly twenty years, and for me, they can do what they want as long as they will still release new music that will fulfill their goals.

Sasuke and Deliveranze like this.
  19. Deliveranze

While most people get into more rock, I got into more hip hop with LP. I adore Mike's production and he has given me a keen ear for beats. I use to be into underground backpack, super technical for the sake of technical rap as a teen but now I'm more into trap, chill, electronica-esque hip hop over boom bap. So I hope to hear trap elements on the new record. Love when Mike raps over it.

Vademek likes this.
  20. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Have you never heard of Corin Roddick? he worked with LP on this album. and that guy is a fucking beast at Trap production. check out Purity Ring.

Deliveranze likes this.