Linkin Park Clip #4 'Risks' Released on LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Feb 9, 2017.

1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm a fan of the band, and I do enjoy most of the songs to varying degrees. I've also made good friends here over the years :)

2. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

HT - Love it. Still listen regularly to most songs. Papercut, APFMH are among their best songs ever.
    Meteora - Really like Easier to Run and Figure 09. Apart from these 2 songs, I haven't heard the others in a long long time.
    MTM - Favs are Bleed it out, shadow of the day, In Pieces, Little Things Give you Away. Love most of the album.
    ATS - Favorite album. Love it from start to finish. WFTE and Blackout are among my top 2 fav LP songs of all time.
    LT - Really like In My Remains, Lost in the Echo, Roads Untravelled and Castle of Glass. Rest are just okay-ish.
    THP - Love most songs. War, Until It's Gone and Wastelands are my least favorite. GATS, ALITS and FM are among my top 10 LP songs.

3. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I'd like to say there is a difference between LPA fanbase (and even within LPA members), and the "strong" fanbase or whatever.

I consider myself sort of a big fan of this band. Been following them for more than 10 years. Yet, ATS has never fully do it for me, and I'm quite satisfied with THP. I don't think this makes me any less of a "strong" fan.

4. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Well, we dont know how much "pop" the album will sound, but f.e. the say "fuck this rock shit, let us went full pop/synth/etc" (i honestly cant describe it, because i am not much in this music), how will the fan base react? I just can talk for me, that i love the band for there mix between a rocky sound and some other things (Nu-Metal on HT and Meteora, a more Alternative sound on M2M, a more electronic sound on ATS and LT, and a more heavier sound on THP). If this rocky-part now get dropped for me the most part, i dont know how much i would like the record.

But thats just something that came in my mind, and its probably wrong, just my 2 cents.

5. snowblue

snowblue You know the blue snow?

I understand – valid reasons! :)

Iopia likes this.
  6. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

After 14 years of listening to LP i think my body is ready for a pop album. I really wouldn't mind for some soft, melodic, nostalgic songs.

Bane likes this.
  7. minuteforce

Do you like the recent Chainsmokers singles, by any chance?

8. zayl

hey, it was your 11 111 message! :)

Well, dunno, I don't listen to Chainsmokers at all, I'll try to do some research :)

9. minuteforce

"soft, melodic, nostalgic" describes their current single very accurately

10. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

:popcorn:
    Haha! this is really funny how everyone is losing his mind when the MAGIC WORD POP putting on the table. and i think that was exactly what Mike wants :devil:

11. Noenemy

Noenemy Member

Am I the only one here who started to really love Linkin Park when MTM came out?

HT - Love "In the End", never really got warm with most of the other songs, but I still do enjoy listening to some of them

M - Love "Breaking the Habit", but otherwise same as HT

MTM - "Leave Out All the Rest" is my absolute favorite, love "Shadow of the Day", but can't stand "What I've Done" and "No More Sorrow". All in all great album.

ATS - Favorite album by far, listened to it at least a thousand times from start to end and everytime feels like an adventure to me. "Blackout" is another one of my favorites and I really love the ending of "Iridescent". Don't like "Robot Boy".

LT - Love "CASTLE OF GLASS" and really like "UNTIL IT BREAKS" because it's so weird and different. Absolutely HATE "I'LL BE GONE". Wish "POWERLESS" would be better, think it has a lot of unused potential (like violins would have been awesome). Rest is okay but most of it sounds unfinished to me. Hate the "GO ALL CAPS"-theme.

THP - Really like the atmosphere in this one. I do also like the second half way more than the first. "Mark the Graves" is my album favorite.

hasbino likes this.
  12. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

The reactions we're seeing here is exactly why the teaser video is called "risks".

LohithMohan, amitng and Sasuke like this.
  13. hasbino

hasbino Member

Welcome to the "Mark the Graves" club. Population: me

Petar and Noenemy like this.
  14. zayl

not exacly my tune but i could really imagine that LP could do something like that right now.

15. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Nah? I was the president of this club way before :fedora:

16. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

A lot of the songs you like I consider my favourites too! Only I loved them from Hybrid Theory. A lot of my favourite Linkin Park songs are the slower songs that many would consider "pop". Minutes to Midnight definitely had a poppier vibe than the first two albums and that's what made it good in my opinion. At the time a lot of people only listened to Given Up and No More Sorrow because "the rest of the album is pop shit". I loved Leave Out All the Rest, Shadow of the Day, Valentine's Day, The Little Things Give You Away from that album.

Blackout is my favourite Linkin Park song ever made and A Thousand Suns is my favourite album without a doubt. Mark the Graves is also my favourite from The Hunting Party. I like Rebellion too but don't care much for the rest but I can respect what they were trying to do with it but it just wasn't for me.

I'm more excited for this album for the reasons above. A lot of the songs I like have "pop" elements I guess. Even the later half of Blackout could be considered "poppy". What I think "pop" is could be different for others but Mike using the word doesn't scare or bother me at all, just makes me more excited. Way more excited than I was for The Hunting Party anyway.

Noenemy and Sasuke like this.
  17. Etari

Etari New Member

New member here also but been a dirty lurker since 2007. I got into the band in 2006 when QWERTY had just been released...my god that song bigquint.png . I'm so pumped for this new album, the most in fact since ATS. I thought now was a good time to make an account! For the record HT>M>MTM>LT>ATS>THP. I love all the albums apart from THP...that was just 'alright'. Anyway, I'm here for the ride and can't wait for the new single!!:popcorn:

18. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

what if the vocals and melody were "poppy", but instrumentals were something crazy like Death Grips?

:obama:

19. minuteforce

Sounds like a bit much to hope for

20. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Yeah, when I think about it, it does sound kinda impossible for LP terms :)