Life Theory

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Anya, May 3, 2004.

1. Link04

Link04 Ambient

:lol:

me too.

but yeah, thats what im trying to say.

Link04: i see where youre coming from, but still, if something has to be created by someone (assuming god), then who created god? [/b][/quote]
    Wow, last night was not one of my best...lol. I completely confused my self, but now I've got it straight. It turns out I was correct with my initial post, my edited version is what's incorrect. What I meant to say is: From nothing, comes nothing. With that said, there HAS to be something infinite through which all things come.

The thing is, God is infinite. God is beyond time and space. God didn't come from anything, he was already in existence. Now, that's a pretty hefty thought for tons of people to believe just by faith, but it's the logic of monotheists.

2. Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I'm going to put this into words I can understand and hopefully you can too.

This dude God created the universe. He put two people down on the earth, and they procreated and made more people and more people evolved from that. God was always there, but it took awhile for the dumbasses to realize "Oh sh*t, something had to make us, we have to have a purpose in this world." THAT'S why religion wasn't always there. Jesus came along and really woke them up with the knowledge he knew of God, but it pissed the people that refused to believe him so much that they crucified him. After he rose, it really made people think that God is there. Now we have all the different religions and christianity as we know it.

That's how I think of being Christian and my very short summary of the bible in my words. Now, people of our time and a bit farther back, you may consider them the "monotheists" that Link was talking about, came and resettled everything about Christianity and what it was based on. Most people were happy with their idea of their religions...until the atheists came along (no offense to them) and started questioning all of the things that you're supposed to have faith in in a religion. The point of believing in God is so have faith that he is great ultimate being.

I just had to say that, lol. I read the thread and it seems like too many people have the wrong idea about christianity therefore all the back and forth about what's what in the bible. It was written by Jesus's desiples, therefore of course it is foulable. The bible to me is more like a guideline and reassurance of what great things God can do. Don't take everything in there so literally. Did the antichrist and christ fight like they did in revalations? Maybe, but doubtful, we all know that. For all we know they can me medafores of what was happening with the world during that time. Don't question it until you know exactly what happened at the time.

3. Link04

Link04 Ambient

Uh, no... "made up" is definitely a fact. After the Greeks and all that, Christianity came along and paved the way for the Roman Empire. It came out of nowhere, because it was made up by people who needed an explanation for worldly things around them, just like how the Greeks created their mythology to explain the things around them.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about at all. [/b][/quote]
    Christianity didn't pop out from no-where, Will. It's routes are in Judaism, which has it's routes in God.

"Made up" IS an opinion. It only becomes a fact to the individual, not everyone else. Can you directly prove to me that my religion is made up? No, you cannot possibly do that; all you have is speculation and opinions. And as long as others, such as I, believe that our religion is divinely inspired, there are two perspectives. Facts do not have two perspectives. According to scripture, Judaism was inspired in the human race directly through God. There's your "made up", Will.

4. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Spontaneous generation has been proven wrong by early scientists.

5. Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Wow, last night was not one of my best...lol. I completely confused my self, but now I've got it straight. It turns out I was correct with my initial post, my edited version is what's incorrect. What I meant to say is: From nothing, comes nothing. With that said, there HAS to be something infinite through which all things come.

The thing is, God is infinite. God is beyond time and space. God didn't come from anything, he was already in existence. Now, that's a pretty hefty thought for tons of people to believe just by faith, but it's the logic of monotheists.[/b][/quote]
    But there has to be a beginning somewhere! God had to be created at some point (that is if he really exists). There must be a time where he wasn't there just like everything in this universe!

And while I'm at it: It was said that Adam and Eve were created just like we are right? So what do you say of all the fossils of Homos Sapiens and all those previous forms of humans?

6. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Christianity didn't pop out from no-where, Will. It's routes are in Judaism, which has it's routes in God.

"Made up" IS an opinion. It only becomes a fact to the individual, not everyone else. Can you directly prove to me that my religion is made up? No, you cannot possibly do that; all you have is speculation and opinions. And as long as others, such as I, believe that our religion is divinely inspired, there are two perspectives. Facts do not have two perspectives. According to scripture, Judaism was inspired in the human race directly through God. There's your "made up", Will. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly. According to scripture. What was this scripture written by?

PEOPLE. NOT GOD.

7. Link04

Link04 Ambient

Scripture written by people, but divinely inspired by God. Whether he spoke to them directly, portrayed them an image through a dream, or whatever, it's inspired by God, not made up in the human mind. ^_^

No need for the giant bold text...

8. Will

So did some guy who throws lightning bolts from the sky inspire the Greeks to come up with their mythology? I don't think so.

9. Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Will got a point there, Link04!

10. Link04

Link04 Ambient

Not that I believe in Greek mythology, Will, but remember, impossible is an opinion also, not a fact. And pretend I'm not a Christian for a moment. I'd say Greek mythology makes more sence than atheism. Greek mythology follows the same logic I posted earlier, about how something infinite must have created everything, how there has to be something beyond time for this whole universe to work, since in fact, nothing can be created from nothing. Now, Christianity is my personal belief. But back to the statement you made a few pages ago, religion on a whole is anything but bull.

11. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Link has a point, as much as I hate to admit it.

The Bible was written by men, yes, but Jesus told them what to write or some ####.

I don't know, I don't care. I'm Satanist so this is all completely irrelevent to me.

12. Will

Actually, the Greeks didn't believe that something infinite created everything.

They had what they called Chaos, which was "a vast, seething confusion," and it eventually formed the universe.

Sound like the Big Bang Theory to you?

Also, Jesus was real, but I doubt he was the son of God. And it's also impossible for a virgin to get pregnant unless she has sex or artificial insemination. And they definitely didn't have artificial insemination 2004 years ago. I find it hard to believe that some guy floating in the sky pointed at some random chick and said, "YOU. FATHER MY CHILD."

And if I was this Joseph character, I'd be pissed at Mary for getting pregnant by some other guy.

Family feud.

[edit] Religion being bull is my opinion. I think it's bull because of the rules and crap that these religions have. For example, homosexuality being wrong and not natural. Seeing as how homosexuality is caused by a chemical imbalance at birth, it IS natural.

Oh, and I like what that other person said. If Adam and Eve were the "first humans," what the hell is up with all these other forms of homo sapiens? Homo erectus, Australopithicus, etc.

13. Kæton

Why is it so important we believe in anything more than the life we live now?

I don't get why we bother to think anything else.

...Keatonism is the way to go.

14. Link04

Link04 Ambient

Hm, I haven't read up on my Greek mythology lately, so I'll trust you on that one. Did they believe in Chaos as a force or being?

Either way, refer to my last post to what I think of "impossible," as far as the immaculate conception goes.

15. Will

They believe that it was a force.

And that force eventually created the first 12 Titans, who then procreated and the 12 gods and goddesses came, etc.

But their world didn't just come from nothing like religious beliefs.

16. Link04

Link04 Ambient

Well, I suppose one could argue that "Chaos" is an infinite force comparable to God, but I don't know enough about it to make any comparison.

17. Kæton

So why did God make neanderthals, too? :unsure:

Neanderthals weren't the same as homosapiens, so where does that fall into play...? Also, the first homosapiens were found around Africa and had ape-like forms, which thusly means that evolution occoured. That means God looked like an ape, doesn't it?

Er. I just confused myself. This is why I never put logic into religion. But if someone could explain that to me, please do :).

Oh, and why is there similar species (homosapiens and neanderthals), and only one survived? That means God made two species in his figure, right? :huh:

Oh and don't tell me evolution didn't happen, that won't tell me anything. I want a logical answer.

18. Will

Exactly.

I mean, if Adam and Eve were the first people on Earth, then why does scientific study prove that humans and chimpanzees evolved from something similar?

If Adam and Eve were the first people on Earth, there would be nothing before them, correct? If that's the case, then why are there so many different forms of humans that came before them?

Evolution > *

19. Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Religion probably consider previous forms of humans were animals just like they thought with Amerindians, etc.

20. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

so what do you believe in?... sorry if it sounds like im teasing you. i really dont mean it, im just interested.