Life Theory

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Anya, May 3, 2004.

1. Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

For some reason lately, I've been thinking " What if we really live in a Matrix-like computer program!!??! :eek: " Maybe we're just part of a large computer, and I'm sitting here typing on a computer. Makes ya think doesn't it?

2. Will

Will bread crumbs & white stones LPA Addicted VIP

No.

3. arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

... :wth:

4. Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

- I am a convinced atheist.

- One day, someone tried to explain me the thing with the 2 breads and three fishes that feeded thousands of people. Even at 10 years old, I thought it made no sense so I stopped believing in God (even if I never was really into it before). Stupid, I know.

- For a time I thought the bible was written by bored teenagers who hadn't anything better to do with their time.

- I don't think that to create all the atoms of the universe it must have taken more than seven days. By this theory, I prove that God didn't create earth in seven days.

- I believe in the evolution theory because that's the only one that make sense. And yes I can be atheist and believe in it because being atheist means that you don't believe in higher powers. In the evolution theory, there are no higher powers involved.

- Someone said you can't love if you weren't created by a loving being. False. Love was created by Humans because they needed an excuse for reproduction.

- I don't understand how people are able to believe in something that nothing proves the existence.

- There are two types who believe in God: 1) The lambs, who would do anything for him. 2) The ones who think that God is synonym of power so if they are on his good side they can do whatever they want. They're invincible because God's with them. (Notice sarcasm in point 2)

- Religion is the thing that killed the most people if I remember correcttly. (WWII, all the sh*t in Israel, and many other conflicts can show it)

- I wrote in ''facts'' because it's too late for me to put it in a nice text. And if there are typos in this post, they'll be corrected tomorrow.

5. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I thought that once.

Of course, I was under the influence of Crystal Meth.

6. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

thinking like that freaks me out... and even if we do live in matrix, i wouldnt want to know the real world like neo did. hell no, let me live the happy life thats controlled by machines, but at least its peaceful and no needles go through your back.

7. ryanlp2004

ryanlp2004 Banned

I dont mean to affend people here who beleive in god. But ive been trying to tell people for some time that how can god exist, if the beleif of him was merely created by another human. But i guess i never had a good enough way of explaining it. And I beleive what you said about dying, like sleeping without dreams. For me i kind of hope that god and heaven exists but i dont really beleive in it. And if i really did affend anybody and your beleif in god and i am really sorry and everybody has the right to beleive whatever they wish beleive. I thought that post you made was very good and hade alot of sense to it. Someone finally agrees with me :rawk:
    EDIT: when i wrote this i didnt read the rest of the posts but theres alot of good theories in here.

8. RememberingNever

RememberingNever Well-Known Member

It would really suck if there is no life after death. I truly can't imagine how death must be. People should belive in God, because what if heaven does exsist? You'd die and go to hell because you where a non-believer. :unsure:

9. ryanlp2004

ryanlp2004 Banned

uhh wow thats kinda scary. I never thought about it that way.

10. Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

oh, just in case god exists and there is a heaven in hell, im going to believe in him so i dont go to hell.

[/sarcasm]

if heaven and hell really did exist and you believe in god because of that reason, than that means you truly dont believe in god, therefore you wouldnt go to heaven anyway.

besides, why would you want to worship someone who puts you in eternal damnation just because you dont believe in them when there is even no way to prove they exist?

i think life after death was just made up so people wouldnt be so scared to die. or just a simple explination that so many people accepted.

11. Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I think that's right...no one really knows what happens, but the Christian version is easy to accept because it's a more or less happy one, and it makes people feel better.

I personally think "poof and gone" is more likely, but whatever.

12. Link04

Link04 Ambient

"Made up" is your opinion, not a fact. Like I said, read up on Aquinas's works and you'll see the logic behind it.

Also, like I posted earlier, it's on the logical conclusion that there had to be a moving, willful cause at the beginning of all the effects that have ever happened throughout the universe. Nothing can come from nothing, the universe and all that is in it has to have come from something infinite. And that is God to monotheists.

13. Jila

"Made up" is your opinion, not a fact. Like I said, read up on Aquinas's works and you'll see the logic behind it.

Also, like I posted earlier, it's on the logical conclusion that there had to be a moving, willful cause at the beginning of all the effects that have ever happened throughout the universe. Nothing can come from nothing, the universe and all that is in it has to have come from something infinite. And that is God to monotheists. [/b][/quote]
    if nothing can come from nothing, then where did god come from?

14. Link04

Link04 Ambient

Crap, owned by a spelling mistake, my entire point was that nothing can come from nothing, I'll edit it (again). But you get what I'm saying, there HAD to be something infinite in the universe if nothing cannot come from nothing.

15. Jila

what? is that grammatically correct because that doesnt seem written right

16. Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

If I understand correctly we can't come from nothing so that would mean that the evolution theory is the one that makes sense? And how could God exist if there was nothing before him? You just said that ''things'' can't come from nothing.

Oh sh*t, I'm confused.

17. Jila

If I understand correctly we can't come from nothing so that would mean that the evolution theory is the one that makes sense? And how could God exist if there was nothing before him? You just said that ''things'' can't come from nothing.

Oh sh*t, I'm confused. [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

me too.

but yeah, thats what im trying to say.

Link04: i see where youre coming from, but still, if something has to be created by someone (assuming god), then who created god?

18. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I believe that if there is a God, he cant force us to believe. Man was given one thing in life, free will. If there is a God, he cant punish us for having it. "He" gave it to us! Free will gives us our beliefs. We can choose to believe in a God or not. We shouldnt be punished for it. Thats why I dont believe in that "if you dont believe in God you go to Hell."

19. Will

Will bread crumbs & white stones LPA Addicted VIP

Also, like I posted earlier, it's on the logical conclusion that there had to be a moving, willful cause at the beginning of all the effects that have ever happened throughout the universe. Nothing cannot come from nothing, the universe and all that is in it has to have come from something infinite. And that is God to monotheists. [/b][/quote]
    Uh, no... "made up" is definitely a fact. After the Greeks and all that, Christianity came along and paved the way for the Roman Empire. It came out of nowhere, because it was made up by people who needed an explanation for worldly things around them, just like how the Greeks created their mythology to explain the things around them.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about at all.

20. Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

I think religion was made up by humans. Humans need to belief in something to hold on in their lives and to explain the things they don't know. Like they say: 'oh, well God made it'. If you want to belief in something then soon you belief. And belief becomes the thruth to peope. A lot of humans wanted to belief a lot of different things, their beliefs became thruth, in my opinion,and there came all the religions from. And many religions are actually the same religion. The same god. You can give them different names, but all the gods where created by humans for the same reason. All the gods can do the same, identical. So, why are humans fighting about who has the real god? Sometimes, I really think that people need to open up.

(this is in my opinion)