June 18, 2017 - Clisson, France | Hellfest 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Do you have a source for this? I don't remember them saying this

2. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

"We deliberately go for a new sound, as not to make the same album twice. We're Linkin Park, and we do what we want to do, that's the true nature of our band," he stated. "Ultimately, it's had good results. This is why the sound is us. When you listen to the beginning of a track, you can tell it's a Linkin Park song." -Chester interview can be found on ultimate-guitar

Blake likes this.
  3. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Pop is very diverse btw.

4. Blake

Thank you for this. I guess I don't keep up as well as I think I do :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me if they go against this with this next album, but then again I also wouldn't be surprised if they do something totally different. I really don't know what to expect.

5. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

Yeah who knows but I think they will do another 180 on us. Who knows what it will sound like maybe some Latin dance, Full opera, death metal, African tribal beats, maybe Mr Hahn will dress up in a astronaut suit and make some space beats and alien sounding effects =)

Iopia likes this.
  6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If they do keep the pop elements in the forefront, they should try a different style of it. The thing about pop (as Sasuke put it) is that it's very diverse. Linkin Park could very easily make another 'pop' album, but sound wise it could sound absolutely nothing like OML or anything they've done previously. In many ways pop is a very vague term made to describe a very broad spectrum of music.

Blake, Sasuke and brady like this.
  7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think all of the albums have been pop albums to some degree or another, with only one or two exceptions, and they sound pretty different from one another. Future LP albums will absolutely have a strong pop element to them - aesthetically, though, I expect something completely different to OML.

Sasuke likes this.
  8. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

Well yeah, but so isn't rock and metal. There are tons and tons of different genres of metal, Mike has even mentioned it before. And you can do so much with rock as well. They also could have continue to make heavy rock/metal albums after The Hunting Party and still had a different sound with each one if that's what they wanted to do. Pop doesn't have a one up over rock or metal, you can be diverse with all of it.

9. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Or do all that in the same album. :kappa:

That's true. The world of electronic pop music may be diverse, but I don't really want to see them go for another straight up electronic pop record after OML, in the same way I wouldn't have wanted them to do another straight up heavy rock record after THP (even if it sounded completely different). I'd like something completely different in tone.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  10. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Gonna guess the next album is gonna be hip hop influenced. Mike hasn't been there much the last few albums

11. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I could see that working at this point in their career, and One More Light could have opened them up to it even more. Chester can be fully utilized in a hip-hop driven sound because he can sing all the big hip-hop choruses and hooks, as well as rap, like he has done in Sorry For Now. Of course Mike can deliver some great verses and what not, as well as sing. And they could get a lot of big name guests to be featured on the project as well. I think a lot of fans would enjoy it because they haven't made a hip-hop record (farthest into the genre may have been Collision Course or some of Reanimation) as of yet and a lot of fans seemed to like Good Goodbye and stuff.

12. Modern Guitar God

Agree with this 100 percent, I like the idea. I think it's a natural progression from OML

13. Blake

As much as I enjoy Good Goodbyr, an album full of them would probably not turn out good. Full on Hip-Hop should be a fort minor album In my opinion.

Modern Guitar God and Sasuke like this.
  14. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

i rather take a album full of Good Goodbyes then some album full of Halfway Right or Sharp Edges :lol:

15. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Sorry but NO! I can eat up almost everything they could do but not a full rap album. I would hate that so much :timothy:
    I will be like the nu-metal fans and spam this whole forum & YT videos with hate comments, If that's the case :lol:

16. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm definitely not on that side, I love "Good Goodbye" but I wouldn't want more than one or two songs like that on an album

Modern Guitar God and brady like this.
  17. Modern Guitar God

Let it happen

18. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

But Sharp Edges is so good! :cry:

19. Modern Guitar God

Who says the songs have to be all like GG though? You can make hip hop songs that don't sound like that

20. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

thats not possible :kappa:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.