Joe Confirms Projekt: Revolution Acts

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

lawl at people shallow enough to call this an emo concert

Linkin Park and Saosin for the effing win.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

^ Yeah really. The only 2 bands you can even call emo out of the 7 are MCR and Taking Back Sunday, and MCR's newest album wasn't emo at ALL.

MCR - They've apparently been playing all of The Black Parade at their recent shows, so I should enjoy their set for the most part.
    TBS - They have a few songs I like, I don't see them being too bad.
    HIM - I absolutely fucking hate HIM. If they're playing the main stage, I hope it's early on so I can go check out the 2nd stage.
    Mindless Self Indulgence - Fucking awesome. Jimmy Urine and Chester on the same tour? I'm already envisioning the crazy shenanigans. :lol:
    Saosin - I haven't heard much from them but what I have heard is sweet.
    Placebo - I like them. The Killers and The Bravery are just bad Placebo ripoffs IMO, so I'd rather see them than one of their lower-grade copies.

Plus, that's only HALF of the final lineup apparently. It can get better.

My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

I hope that the people who use the word 'emo' here are referring to the actual music genre itself. If not, we don't need labeling here, so back down.

And i suppose we cant make everyone happy with a line-up. Theres some people who have hated other years too. I understand if you hate this year's, but please don't complain. We don't care whether you think it sucks or not.

By the way.. NIN would have made this tour like, proof of God or shit like that. :lol:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

:thumbsup:

Most people claim they're generic, but their instrumentation is actually pretty technical sometimes. It's not all power chords. They actually know how to play their instruments. And their drummer is utterly ridiculous sometimes. The lyrics can be bland at times but the vocals soar and are usually amazing. I wish they'd scream a little more though. Some parts of their music just scream "screaming should be here," but it's absent.

I'd recommend listening to their new self-titled album, and then checking out their first EP, Translating the Name, featuring "the legendary" Anthony Green from Circa Survive. All outstanding musical work.

panza

panza Well-Known Member

Most people don't like Placebo because of Brian Molko's gay-ish accent..and yes, he's a bisexual and Stefan Olsdal is a gay, but for me, it makes that music more decadent and that rocks. Their songs were mostly about drugs and sex , but now they are more about...I don't know, about anything. I think they are one of the best bands now.

Daniel8474

Daniel8474 Member

none of the bands on that lineup are emo.

thatisall.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

you are a liar derek! ;)

i sended you some tracks a few years ago and told you that they are great. in fact, they are the dark coldplay, thats why i was recommending them to you.

it's so awesome that placebo will be playing. i always wished for a collaboration with brain molko, because he has some similarities in his singing voice to chester.

if you are just a bit open minded (which some of you proofed they're not, though) you will be absolutely amazed after watching their set.

for all you non-believers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIhwvLFE7jM&mode=related&search=

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

i want the big muther fuckin snoop d o double g, sum41, three days grace and breaking Benjamin!

-NodA-

-NodA- Well-Known Member

I like Placebo a lot, see them twice last year. But Brian Molko made some critics about LP a few years ago, that's why it's funny they make this Projekt Revolution together.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Decent line-up.
    Placebo is the best band on the tour after LP imo.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Why can't this come to Canada? :'(

Urantia Girl

Urantia Girl Well-Known Member

I really really really X34 really wish LP would take a few newbies with them on tour- i.e. Lunarclick, Julien-K, The Gothsicles, Razed In Black and the like. Maybe there should be some electronic stuff there too (no not MSI) but something like the bands I just listed.

And hopefully I get to do the roadie busy for MSI, that means I get to bring a beatdown on the lesser bands! Muwhaha!

Radox Redux

Radox Redux Member

I like most of the bands here with the exception of Placebo, who I can't stand. Though here's hoping that there's more hip-hop acts alongside these.

lpxqwerty33

lpxqwerty33 Well-Known Member

I like them all except MCR

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

They probably haven't even heard of any of the bands you said besides Julien-K.

panza

panza Well-Known Member

Chester said a few years ago he would love to see Placebo live ... and thanx to Chester's illness in 2003, Placebo could take the main stage in prime-time ... so they owe them :D

Urantia Girl

Urantia Girl Well-Known Member

Hence why exposure is needed.:blush:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Agreed.

Meridian

Meridian New Member

Don't think I have ever heard truer words spoken in my life. Just saw Saosin with Red Jumpsuit App Wednesday night (18th)....Second time I have seen them in a month, Saosin that is...they rock! MCR is my fav and can not wait to see the three of them together...The excitement of such an excellent show might kill me...but what a way to go!

thisismyname

thisismyname Member

Well looks like Madina Lake will also be apart of Projekt Revolution. They have dropped off of Warped Tour to supposedly take part in a "Much Bigger Tour".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.