Israeli Airstrikes Target Gaza

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by The Fortunate One, Jul 23, 2014.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

“It sounds very bad, but that’s the Middle East,”

:facepalm:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I feel disgusted at what Israel is doing, it's awful.

Also awful l is I've a good friend in Israel so some conflicting emotions.
    I've avoided asking what she thinks about all of this for fear of outrage and such.

I know that the latter is a very trivial matter and shouldn't really be compared to what's happening. But still, it makes you think what are you supposed to do when you know someone in a country that is a good person when that country is being the devil?

The things people do in the name of religion is horrifying.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Thanks for the links. Those of you who think that Isreal is just murdering civilians in Gaza out of cold blood, I really recommend you read those articals.

Melis

Melis when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory LPA Super Member

I agree. I really often wonder why people do this to each other. I just don't get it. Humans are humans and, they don't gain more or less worth with being a Christ, Muslim or atheist, this is at least my opinion. I also don't get why other nations don't really intervene. I mean..they slash open children's bodies. What the fuck have children to do with that. Nowadays they are all about money, and I think this is also why the USA wants to mediate. Israel is a rich country and they produce loads of weapons, alternatively everything you need for wars therefore nobody wants to throw away the ''good'' relation between them.

I really often feel the urge for puking when I think of humanity.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was trying to convey. Keep in mind Hamas keeps sabotaging the peace talks by launching pointless attacks. Not to mention their disregard for the safety of civilians.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I just can't believe there is still so many people who think Isreal is terrible and completely wrong for doing this.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Imagine if a country took over the US, made laws that only benefited their own people, gave us Detroit, built a wall around Detroit, and then barely gave us food because Americans need to go on a "diet".

Imagine that it made people so angry that the civilians decided to learn how to build missiles to launch to the other side of that wall. Now imagine the country that occupied us decided to respond to those missiles by dropping bombs in Detroit that kills 10x more people than non-army grade missiles and calling the civilian army "terrorists".

I don't agree with violence but Israel is fucking up and the only country supporting this is the US...

by the way, basic rights (like WATER) is being denied in Detroit as we speak, along with our natives living in similar conditions on the rez.

Also, Israel gives Ethiopian women depo shots to cut down the black population and they have no problem admitting this.

IMO, The Israeli govt sucks so much dick I hope it dies from ingesting too much jizz

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Imagine that that's actually how it went down...imagine it because it's not how it went down at all. You're forgetting the part where a century and a half ago the "US" sold the land. Willingly.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Imagine that it excuses genocide

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

What Israeli government is doing right now is straight murder against humanity, and it is fucking disgusting.

I know it is a very complicated conflict and I know there isn't a black side and a white side. Both camps of course have their reasons to have their revendications, and to concile both has been a problem for decades and decades.

Still. From the moment one of the sides decides to relentlessly kill hundreds of civilians, I don't give a fuck anymore about the reasons behind the conflict. Israel acting is just fucking wrong. Those bastards are killing children and destroying entire families without an ounce of shame.

All those fuckers at the UN, debating in their comfy rooms to conclude that what Israely is doing is maybe not good, need to realize the gravity of the situation and make those massacres stop assap. What if it was those ministers children that got killed, huh?

Edit: and yes, I'm aware that Hamas is doing awfull things too. However, I can't see how this would ever justify Israel reaction. It would justify a reaction, of course. But not the "They're firing rockets at us. Let's strike back without giving a fuck about their citizens!" solution. Again, those who justify Israel actions because of Hamas actions, those aren't the ones who have their parents or children killed.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    The Fortunate One

But Israel has warned civilians to evacuate Gaza preceding airstrikes but Hamas forces them to stay. They dropped leaflets notifying residents of the impending airstrike but Hamas just urges them to ignore it and stay. If Israel decided to send in ground troops (since that would be the safest way of avoiding civilian casualties) people will go all "oh, look. They're invading Gaza again. Oppressors". Tragic that civilians are killed though. I hope this conflict will be resolved soon.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Civilians can't actually evacuate Gaza because there is a fence that runs along the entire border of it. They are being trapped. Israel is dropping leaflets basically saying "we're going to kill more of you"

The Fortunate One

Simply because Hamas in their infinite wisdom are fond of crossing the border to carry out suicide bombings. Now that the Gaza blockade is in place, I think they'll just stick to digging tunnels in order to access Israel. No winning with those guys around. Disband Hamas and peace will return to the West Bank.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member