HAs mike lost his "And One" ability?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by tkd_rap, Dec 30, 2003.

astora

astora Member

Teenies? :eek:

Nooooooooooooooo....... [/b][/quote]
    no. i seriously thought it was a good idea. sry if it sounded sarcastic :wth:

....teeny? WTF is that s'pose to mean :argh:

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

thats the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Why would LP want to leave WB??? WB is like the biggest company in the business. I bet you any artist would love to get signed to WB. Why do you think LP are so big? Its because of WB.

:chemist: *Runsaway*

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

and they need WB for distribution.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Exactly.

corrupted_authority

corrupted_authority Banned

BLOODY HELL PPL !!!! LP NEED WB, IT THE BEST THING LP CAN KEEP ! WITHOUT WB THEY WOULD B NOTHN N WE WOULDNT B HERE 2DAY

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

:mellow: Can you spell correctly, use proper grammer kind of and not type in caps please :D Thank you.

LiveInCalifornia

LiveInCalifornia Member

I have a lot of replies so I am just putting them in one post.

First off, Don Gilmore is a good producer. If they didn't like him they wouldn't use him. Its also good to have a second or seventh opinion in the studio. He also produced Hybrid Theory which shows that he isnt making Linkin Park any worse.

Also, I think the reason we dont see rapping like what is done in the end of And One is because it doesnt fit with the song. And one could really end after 3 minutes the rapping part is just extra. This wouldn't really fit on any of their current albums, which is why I don't think they have done anything like it. If Mike was able to fit that style of rapping into one of their songs and it flowed well then it would be amazing. Hopefully something like this will be on the next album.

Third, the only reason Mike is able to sign bands like Simplistic because he has a sub-label under WB. Without WB he wouldnt be able to sign anyone, so he can't join his own label and be freed from WB.

For the next album I wouldn't mind haveing a different producer or even Mike as the producer, just make sure it is able to retain the feeling as the other albums have.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Yes you can.

Nine Inch Nails (Trent Reznor, mostly..) joined Interscope Records with the contract clause of being signed to his own label, running it and having artistic freedom over all of NIN's CD.

LP could do the same, but I doubt they will.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm sure Don Gilmore and WB didn't expect LP to sell 8 million copies in the US when "Hybrid Theory" was getting produced, so Don probably laid back and let the band portray their own songs. The pressure of making a second album as successful as the debut obviously clouded his vision and he just tried to make "Meteora" alot like "Hybrid Theory" to acheive the same success. LP probably used Don again because he produced the first one and they didn't want to change what wasn't broken. Well it's broken now. :lol:

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

I'm sure Don Gilmore and WB didn't expect LP to sell 8 million copies in the US when "Hybrid Theory" was getting produced, so Don probably laid back and let the band portray their own songs. The pressure of making a second album as successful as the debut obviously clouded his vision and he just tried to make "Meteora" alot like "Hybrid Theory" to acheive the same success. LP probably used Don again because he produced the first one and they didn't want to change what wasn't broken. Well it's broken now. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    "when the paper's crumpled up, it cant be perfect again".
    I've had about enough Don Gilmore and his papercrumpling shenanigans! :whistle:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I'm sure Don Gilmore and WB didn't expect LP to sell 8 million copies in the US when "Hybrid Theory" was getting produced [/b][/quote]
    I'll bet you $2 million they did.

lance

lance Well-Known Member

think because he 1 2 use a different way to write his lyrics onli :D

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

W. T. F.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

W. T. F. [/b][/quote]
    Yeh :wth:.

Please do explain :huh:.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

NO! :mellow:

I honestly think that Mike should produce the next album. The only thing I'm afraid of is if Mike will make it sound too hip hop just like what he did with reanimation, but thats a different story. [/b][/quote]
    Why do people trip on this? "Mike might make it TOO rap!" That was the point of Reanimation! It was supposed to veer to the rap more, and veer to the metal more (people seem to forget about With You and OSC remixes). They wanted to do things to the extreme. I don't think Mike would go too rap. If you listen to his remixes you can't tell they aren't really rap. He's into more of the orchestral and piano production. So Mike SHOULD produce the next album.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Read the post, buddy. :)

<!--QuoteBegin--Omar A
    @Jan 2 2004, 06:23 AM

I honestly think that Mike should produce the next album.
    [/quote]

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

if warner would let him and if its not too much for mike to take on, whatever you have to do, then yes, mike should do it

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

You mean Warner has to let Mike produce his own album :mellow: ?

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

You mean Warner has to let Mike produce his own album :mellow: ? [/b][/quote]
    yeah, give him some creative freedom, let him do songs like and one...that is if he still can and wants too

Metamorphosiss

Metamorphosiss Well-Known Member

thats the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Why would LP want to leave WB??? WB is like the biggest company in the business. I bet you any artist would love to get signed to WB. Why do you think LP are so big? Its because of WB.

:chemist: *Runsaway*[/b][/quote]
    I think that Sony is the biggest company in the business.
    ... Nevermind