Hardcore and hip-hop? Mix?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by heirofslytherin, Apr 28, 2006.

heirofslytherin

heirofslytherin Well-Known Member

POP SHUVIT is the name

Some people might be turned off by the name but hold up people this is no POP.

Moots! (Vocals), Rudy (Drums), AJ (Bass), JD (Guitars) and DJ Uno (Turntables) make up Pop Shuvit, a cross-breed of social misfits brought together by their love of making music, boppin heads and a common passion for X-treme sports.

Pop Shuvit was created by throwing together a bunch of friends with different musical backgrounds from various musical genres that is evident in their eclectic hybrid of Hip Hop and Hardcore creating a somewhat surreal but tasteful blend of Nu-Rock.

Check their myspace http://www.myspace.com/popshuvitor their official website http://www.popshuvit.net

These guys made their name laud and clear in Japan, starting with X games gigs and I hope that this success will be seen around the globe. Post ya opinion.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

You did this just so you could spam this band all over message boards, didn't you? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

He's broken no rules. The Other Music forums are filled with links to MySpace pages and whatnot. We've allowed it before.

User Name

Well, duh. I just have something against people who register for the sole purpose of spamming a band. Kinda like those kids who spam referral links so they can 'win teh preyez', you know?

Mark

Yeah, but he only wants to help a band get recognition. He's not doing this for personal gain. Just leave it be.

heirofslytherin

Hear this I DON'T SPAM. And my sole pupose is not spamming. I won't fill the whole board with trash, a point apparently taken on by you.

I did this because like Mark said, I think this band does not get enough recognition for the music they make. You’re just sick thinking that Linkin Park fans can't appreciate other music styles. It doesn’t mean that just because I support a range other bands besides LP that is that I’m not a true Linkin Park fan. To set it straight I am a loyal LP fan.

By the way this IS the “other music” forum, correct, discussing other genres of music is the aim of this section. If your puny little brain can't even comprehend the meaning of these two words, I suggest you lay of the board.

Geez the amount of wacky people I see on the internet is just amazing.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
    Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I agree, and thanks for showing this band. They seem very interesting.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

You know, I think some people in LPA sometimes go out of their way to say whatever negative things they can, you being one of those people, lighten up a bit.

User Name

Okay, that whole LP loyalty crap came out of nowhere, and had nothing to do with ANYTHING. Secondly, do you honestly think that I listen to just one band or genre? Take a look:

Norma Jean
    mxpx
    underOATH
    Becoming the Archetype
    Celldweller
    Fort Minor
    Maylene and the Sons of Disaster
    The Chariot
    Zao
    Demon Hunter
    LA Symphony
    Circle of Dust
    Five Iron Frenzy
    incubus
    Avril Lavigne
    blindside
    Treble Charger
    The Showdown
    The Mars Volta
    Newsboys
    Linkin Park
    Evanescence
    Pillar
    Project 86
    Demon Hunter
    Project Wyze
    Sum 41
    dcTalk
    afi
    tobyMac
    Depeche Mode
    Thousand Foot Krutch
    downhere
    Switchfoot
    Nine Inch Nails
    Edwin
    Foo Fighters
    Three Doors Down
    Skillet
    30 Seconds to Mars
    breaking benjamin
    alexisonfire
    Anberlin
    Chevelle
    P.O.D.
    Thrice
    Muse

You see that list there? The genres range from straight up hardcore to pop, to metal, screamo, ska, rock, pop-rock, you precious rap-metal, to industrial. You want musical diversity? There it is. "If your puny little brain can't comprehend the meaning of these two words, then I suggest you lay off the board".

Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
    Mark

Now, I have to intervene here. Please do not belittle others on the forums. You may disagree with how he spoke to you, but the message has been given and there's no need to insult others. Refrain from doing that in the future and read the rules.

The two of you have made your points clear, so leave it be.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

heirofslytherin, stop offending the members.
    Cameron, stop acting all high and mighty.
    Pop Shuvit, you're not that great.

kthxbye.

User Name

There is a difference between acting high and mighty and refuting a point, you know. Nowhere in my post (re: #9) did I feel that I was regarding this promoter as a lesser human being. As for the other posts, yes, it was a little unfair of me to post what I did.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
    Mark

Franny, here I am trying to stop a feud and you're fueling the fire. That was unnecessary.

This thread is very close to being closed, and whoever causes that to happen will feel the ramifications. Comprendé, everyone? Good.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yes there is, but you seem to be refuting your point way too much as I noticed. But this is just a observation on my part.

Anyone that listened to this band find them just... interesting. Not like good interesting, but, interesting. Sky Eats Airplane does what these guys want too do so much better.

User Name

In an effort to draw this thread back on topic:

Yes, I did end up checking out Pop Shuvit. I'm not sure what the Malaysian music scene is like, but they should probably stick within their country. They aren't horrible, but they aren't great, and I don't feel they would make a ripple over here.

heirofslytherin

Cameron:

So you checked them out huh. Not to your liking. Oh well, everyone has different musical preference.

To all:

I started this thread with the intention for people to discuss Pop Shuvit's music and not to indulge in verbal battles, I have enough of that in school. So keep to the music. And I'm sorry if I offended anyone in any way with my previous posts, got caught up with fury. Again my sincere apologies.