Greatest Military Mind In History?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Mar 11, 2005.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I like the new Volkswagen Jetta. :wth:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I like the new Volkswagen Jetta. :wth: [/b][/quote]
    I've just heard VWs and Audis (same company) are money munchers when it comes to repairs, havent owned one myself though.

But its not the point. I don't care what good things Hitler did, defending him for any reason is plain wrong.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

the greatest commander must have been Stalin! he ralleid teh russians to beat back teh jerrys in 1942 at teh battle of Stalingrad.....

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

And then he purged about 40 million of his own people. Stalin only had one asset; numbers. His army was poorly trained and led.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Winston Churchill.

KirbyRockz

KirbyRockz Well-Known Member

I'd have to say Hitler.

Ya.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Hitler

He was also one of the best social engineers as well. He knew how to fuck with people's heads.

Evan™

And then he purged about 40 million of his own people. Stalin only had one asset; numbers. His army was poorly trained and led. [/b][/quote]
    meat shield tactics work for a peasent army with a leader with a peasent brain..........

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

I have to say Hitler aswell. He knew how to reach his own goals by misleading his country. He never reached his main goal because he made some mistakes, if he didn't, he'd have power over the world or a huge part of it. He thought it out well I'd have to say. Millions of people behind him, for them to reach their goals (to have something to say in the world, out of poverty etc.) and for Hitler, to reach his goal.

Pap3rcut

Pap3rcut Banned

Hey Guyz.....What about Muhammad Bin Qasim.......At the age of 16....he was the leading commander of his army and conquered India and West Pakistan.

Evan™

that mistake of course was going against russia apparently he didnt learn his history...bcoz we all know how napoleon was knocked back in russia.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

I still say he isn't a great military mind, Hitler took care of the "public" side of the war, chose the targets, but he wasn't the one PLANNING the attacks and all. In fact, he sometimes acted despite what his generals said, like when he said no to them when they wanted to pull out of Stalingrad... We know how it ended, a full army surrounded and captured.

Mark

Hitler was smart. He signed the non-aggression pact with Russia because he knew he couldn't survive a war on two fronts. He also made the wise choice to pair up with Japan. He did make mistakes, but if it wasn't for him and his determination, I don't think Germany would've come close to nearly conquering all of Europe.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hitler was smart. He signed the non-aggression pact with Russia because he knew he couldn't survive a war on two fronts. He also made the wise choice to pair up with Japan. He did make mistakes, but if it wasn't for him and his determination, I don't think Germany would've come close to nearly conquering all of Europe. [/b][/quote]
    If Germany would have left Russia alone, Hitler would have conquered Europe.

If it wasn't for Hitler's brash confidence in his army, we would most likely be speaking either Japanese or German. Or possibly Russian.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Hitler could have taken over all of Europe except for Russia, but he wouldn't have control over Russia, obviously. I guess he saw Stalin as a threat that needed to be taken out. He tried and failed.

I think if Hitler could have found another way to Russia other than the mountains, and wait until the Spring instead of Winter, he could have taken over most of Europe. He couldn't get ahold of England obviously.

But, say Hitler did control all of Europe, then what? Hitler wanted to control the world. He would have to share the world with Hirohito & Mussolini.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Hitler was smart. He signed the non-aggression pact with Russia because he knew he couldn't survive a war on two fronts. He also made the wise choice to pair up with Japan. He did make mistakes, but if it wasn't for him and his determination, I don't think Germany would've come close to nearly conquering all of Europe. [/b][/quote]
    But we are talking MILITARY mind here. All those treaties are for politicians, a MILITARY MIND has an objective, a mission and must find an intelligent way to accomplish his task.

One of the best examples are General Montgomery and Feldmarshall Rommel, who each gained a lot of territory in Africa while in a touchy position. Rommel also took care of the great defenses of the Atlantikwall, who were well tought and done.

By the way, here's an other reason why he's a great military mind : he turned against Hitler.

Mark

But we are talking MILITARY mind here. All those treaties are for politicians, a MILITARY MIND has an objective, a mission and must find an intelligent way to accomplish his task.

One of the best examples are General Montgomery and Feldmarshall Rommel, who each gained a lot of territory in Africa while in a touchy position. Rommel also took care of the great defenses of the Atlantikwall, who were well tought and done.

By the way, here's an other reason why he's a great military mind : he turned against Hitler. [/b][/quote]
    Point taken. But forming those pacts were part of his military objective; to take over Europe for more "lebensraum". The pact with Russia was militarily-motivated, it was brilliant. He knew he couldn't fight a war on two fronts.

I know the generals had a big part in this, but you can't tell me Hitler didn't have some play in Germany's uprise in Europe.

Evan™

look at it this way......should hitler have conquered europe and left Russia alone.....he could rally up forces build a completely new army n go into russia and kill people in the near future

ChooseYourPoison

ChooseYourPoison nymphetamine

That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. :mellow:

Evan™

That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. :mellow: [/b][/quote]
    well...im saying that, should Germany have won the war WITHOUT fighting against RUSSIA then Germany could rebuild their already streched army, regroup and fight back against russia AFTER they have conquered Europe