Got Something You Want To Let Out?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mechanical Christ, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I know the other time I talked about this it really wasn't letting something out, but now I really do have to let something out to you guys. It's time to vent about something I've tried not to let bother me for so long, but now as of recentely, cant help being upset about.

(BEWARE..LONG READ!!)

Alright I've been friends with this chick named Ashley for close to maybe 6 or 7 months now. I met her back in October a week before her birthday and we've been talking since then. From the moment she started talking to me I could tell she had some sort of interest in me, because she asked to call me within the first week of talking to me, and was always talking about coming up to see me after knowing me for barely a month.

The month afterwards (in one of the shittiest periods of my life) my suspicions were confirmed after she told me to download a song (Tim McGraw - All We Ever Find) because it makes her think of me. I download it, and am blown away by the power of the song (and I used to not have a thing for Country!) and she goes on to tell me that she does indeed have feelings for me, which made me feel like I was floating on air. It's been a while since a local girl, came to me and said she had feelings for ME first, as usually its the other way around. Still though, I was very hesitant to allow myself to like her because at that time, Brianna still wasn't talking to me and I couldn't trust girls AT ALL when it came to relationships (how ironic Bri wrote me at random a month later, and that she's getting along with me better than Ashley at times -.-).

So I finally start to suspect that maybe I HAVE liked Ashley, and that I wasn't just feeling this way, because I was flattered by the song. I start pleading for her to come up here in December, because I really wanna see if we hit it off well, and I find out its too late. She one day spouts out on her livejournal "I'm in a good mood! So don't ruin it!" and I out of curiousity ask her why she's so happy...she comes right out and tells me she went out on a date.

Well naturally how am I supposed to act? Of course I act bothered by the whole damn thing and her mood quickly changes, into 'oh its not like that'. She calls me up and convinces me that "Ehh, he's a nice guy but I dont really think he's my type" and that she "likes me A LOT" and "doesn't want me to think the wrong thing about her and Jason". I believe this bullshit, and think that hey maybe she really DOES like me, and then over the next few weeks I just get continually slapped in the face. She starts talking about Jason more, writing about him in her LJ and everything, and I come to find by a little investigating..she's actually dating him and everything she said wasn't the 100% truth.

So what the fuck am I supposed to do here? I do the only thing I CAN do and that's sit there idly and act like I'm oblivious to the whole thing. Come January she starts sinking into a depression, and she's not talking as much as she used to. I find out this Jason is apparentely an asshole to her, and its the reason she's been so depressed lately. Shortly thereafter (showing she at least has SOME common sense) she breaks up with him, citing to me that she "didn't wanna keep giving him the wrong impression, about how she felt about him".

So I was thinking "Heyy..maybe she has someone else on the mind" getting really happy and preparing for the best. Well sure enough she had somebody else on the mind, but wouldn't you know it wasnt me? Not even two weeks after she broke up with Jason she starts dating her current boyfriend John..who I hate so much that I'd knock his teeth in if I got to see him in person.

It's a harsh thing to say but I dont know why she keeps kicking a dead horse, thinking this is going to work for much longer. The thing's I hate about this guy are the following:

• He appears, from how she talks about him, to snap randomly when things dont go his way and seemingly raises his voice to her, even when they're not having an arguement. (She cant say this is a lie as she even mocks his voice when she tells me about this).
    • Very neglecting of Ashley almost to the point she's thought he's getting bored of her. The most common complaint she comes to me with, more than anything, is that he "never pays attention to her".
    • He's already threatened at least once when they were fighting, that "maybe we just shouldn't be together anymore", showing that he either doesn't care about her enough, or just has no clue about how to handle an argument with the "girl he loves".

So naturally you can see why I'm more then fed up with seeing her be madly in love with this guy. I've observed it from the outside for so long now, and I see that there is no evidence there to support they're compatible with eachother. She said once that they are two completely different people (he's hyperactive and she's way laid back) which begs the question of "why?" so often in my mind. Her friend (oddly John's friend too) for the longest time, used to say I was much better for her and that I didn't treat her like shit, until she started going through this phase where she 'doesn't want to talk to anyone'.

Just two days ago Ashley flips and says an all too familiar quote ("John's a dick") and proceeds to talk about how once again, she thinks he might be getting bored with her. I of course tell the truth to her like always and say "I dont know how any guy could get bored with you, you're an amazing girl", and by the next day she's all good with him again.

It makes me mad because while John wasn't home she went on about how much of a jerk he was (even 2 days before we met) and yet when she finds out he's coming home (same date as we hang out) she spends half the time being giddy that 'her boyfriend's coming home' and whispering to Sabrina about how she's so sexually deprived and thus can't wait to see him. And then she fucking proceeds to ask me 5 minutes later why I'm sitting there with my head down, as if I was deaf and couldn't hear every fucking thing she said.

My friends tell me to not expect anything and just be her friend, seeing movies with her and trying to 'make it happen'. But I cant afford to 'not worry about it'. The way my life is set up, Ashley's my only real option right now (and its not like I mind that, because I care about her for fuck's sake! She isn't an "option" to me.). So to see her keep trying to date some neglectful jerk, when I know I could be the most perfect guy for her ever, just makes me want to cry.

I don't get it, WHY ARENT WE A COUPLE RIGHT NOW. Why if she liked me as much as she said, and if I've never had a real fight with her, has she not asked me out or wanted for me to be her boyfriend?!

How can she love John more then me (even though they've been friends of two years) when I'm clearly there for her more than he is! I call her when she's sad..I leave messages on her cell for her to 'call me back so we can talk about it'. I don't think this John guy does that at all for her.

God I'm just so fed up with it and I wanna snap. It's like she's a quarterback and I'm jumping down at the end of the field for her to see me and she doesn't and gets injured. It's like I don't even exist anymore and I'm tired of waiting.

I dont care how much I love her, two more months of this and I might just quit. It's unhealthy to get torn up like this about someone I'm sure doesn't even care.

2. FreeYourMind

FreeYourMind Well-Known Member

Derek..
    I really do not know how to give you 'advice' or maybe you're not even asking for it.
    I'm bad at these things and i hope i won't make you feel worse or anything
    but some girls just do this, to make you jealous. They want to see how you react by the fact she is dating someone else.
    I think she does like you, but did you make a first step? to really telling her how you felt about her? I mean not like a month ago but telling her now how you feel for her. maybe after she realizes what kind of sucker she dated, and that you have been there for her always. and tell her that. If that is how you feel.

I really hope you work it out or find someone or whtvr.

ehm. I don't know how to place you in your situation , but this is just what i thought. :wth:

3. Derek

My biggest problem is I didn't really tell her before she dated Jason and went to John, but she knows now and has known for at least 2 months that I feel very, very strongly for her.

It just really feels like she chooses to ignore it at times.

4. Kris

Kris Well-Known Member

OMG I know exactly how you feel. I take ballet and practice almost everynight and my mom always tells me something that she thinks could be better. I've already broken 2 pairs of point shoes(the wooden ones) and my parents are sick of buying them. And as for the body thing........I used to make myself throw up in the name of ballet. Don't worry about the ballet exam though, i have confidence in you!. :hugz:

5. Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

I already said something about this in Random Thought about 10 minutes ago.

6. Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

Oh hun....it's mostly just how some guys can be total assholes to girls and some girls are just total bitches to nice guys, who don't deserve it. Maybe she gets a kick out of playing Manipulator. Flipping round guys, toying with their feelings, y'know....I suggest you not hang around her...I know, it's a suggestion, but if I were you, and I get this shit, I would've left, long ago. She sounds like the kind of girl who's, not loose, but likes toying with people's feelings. She probably doesn't care....I've been kinda in something like this before. You think they care, they don't; you leave, or try to, and they beg you not to go and you, a stupid fool, stay there with them. It's happened to me before so many times. It might just be what you have there with that girl now, but I say, the faster you end it, the less pain there'll be. I hope everything goes okay for you [hugs] :hugz:

7. Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

DiSiLLUSiON: You have the weirdest sense of humor :lol:

Cameron: Great! *sigh of relief*

Runaway: I'm really sorry :hugz: My mom did the same some time ago when I was really small so I didn't know what was going on.
    Seriously, sorry but your mom should learn the hard way that it's wrong, by forgiving her that means it's okay and she'll probably do it again, so I suggest not to forgive her unless you notice a difference or you really like your mom...

FreeYourMind: Do you do ballet because you want to or because your family forces you to? Nearly everyone I know who does ballet and is good at it vomits to have the right have which is very wrong and they're always depressed.
    You should do ballet because you love it, you should make your mom understand somehow that it's a very hectic schedule and that it's not a shame if you don't pass the exam (even though I'm sure you will pass :hugz: ).

Derek: It's really stupid but true, girls fall in love with guys that treat them like shit.
    I think that maybe you could ask her out, and if she refuses then stop all this nonesense, it's just going to hurt you even more. :hugz:

8. Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

Leones is pissed.

9. Mechanical Christ

Why? :hugz:

10. Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

Why? :hugz: [/b][/quote]
    :hugz: thanks

nah nevermind, I was just really pissed at my mother. I could have know it though.

11. Derek

Oh hun....it's mostly just how some guys can be total assholes to girls and some girls are just total bitches to nice guys, who don't deserve it. Maybe she gets a kick out of playing Manipulator. Flipping round guys, toying with their feelings, y'know....I suggest you not hang around her...I know, it's a suggestion, but if I were you, and I get this shit, I would've left, long ago. She sounds like the kind of girl who's, not loose, but likes toying with people's feelings. She probably doesn't care....I've been kinda in something like this before. You think they care, they don't; you leave, or try to, and they beg you not to go and you, a stupid fool, stay there with them. It's happened to me before so many times. It might just be what you have there with that girl now, but I say, the faster you end it, the less pain there'll be. I hope everything goes okay for you [hugs] :hugz: [/b][/quote]
    Ah don't worry about it. She just plays this little game and the next time she claims she loves me or anything, I'm going to say right to her face "If you loved me so much you wouldn't stay with John who treats you like absolute shit. Maybe its about time you put your money where your mouth is and prove it."

^^Great song that matches this so well.

12. Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

A couple of months ago I refused a marriage proposal.

(I'm 18, for the record.)

I had been dating the guy who proposed for about two months, and had known him for less than five. Of course I'm going to say no, I'm way too young to be thinking of marriage, and I hadn't known him that long at all. So the relationship falls apart, although he still wants to be friends with me. Well and good. I leave the school that we both attend because of financial and stress reasons, and we keep in touch.

While on my hiatus of sorts, I meet another guy who to all observers seems very interested in me. I go on a few dates with him, and one thing leads to another, and suddenly I'm in a functional relationship with a very laid-back guy who won't push me into anything physically serious, and probably isn't going to propose anytime soon.

This is the kind of relationship I've been looking for, and it's with a guy that I really like. Sounds great, right? Well, the ex who proposed doesn't know about it yet. And just the other day I got a letter from him asking me if I could possibly try again. He claims I broke his heart.

I may have broken his heart, and I'm sorry for that, but I don't want a really serious relationship either physically or emotionally. I've got a lot of things on my mind--I don't need a neurotic boyfriend who wants me to marry him as soon as I graduate from college.

I want a life before a husband and family. Is that so wrong? If the ex is right, it is. But the guy I'm currently with is of the same mindset. "Experience before marriage."

13. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

i feel lonly at most times of the day, most people think im never lonly because the way i talk and stuff.

14. Mechanical Christ

Ah don't worry about it. She just plays this little game and the next time she claims she loves me or anything, I'm going to say right to her face "If you loved me so much you wouldn't stay with John who treats you like absolute shit. Maybe its about time you put your money where your mouth is and prove it." [/b][/quote]
    I'm glad things are fine...or semi-fine...I hope it turns out good for you . ^_^

15. Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I'm a little sad right now because I have no date to the prom. Yet I'm going by myself. All my friends have boyfriends and girlfriends, and now they've kinda dropped me and let me alone by myself since they have better things to do with the people they love.. I tend to wonder why, I've allways ended up with nothing. I had a boyfriend at the beginning of the year, but I lost him because of certain reasons that I can't say. I'm going to be at the prom, with my sister, and I'm gonna be standing there alone. I'm not looking forward to it at all, seeing as how my friend David will probably have something smart to say about it.

Love can suck. </3

16. Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Yeah, I know how that can feel. I've been the same way for a long time. I hate how people can be so damned rude about the fact that their personal life is better off than yours, and how they rub it in your face...there's no need for it, but it gets done anyways... You'll be fine, I've gotten through much of the same thing...anyways, hope you find somebody before the prom...

17. the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

ok this is going to seem kind of random, and i dont really want to explain, but do i have 'walk all over me' written on my forehead? if so please tell me.

18. NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

yeah, i did some project for my english class here at iowa state university. i did it on linkin park. it consisted of a required 3 x 3 foot tri-fold cardboard display and a 4-5 page paper to go along with it.. the paper, to sum it up fast, has to analyze your display and talk about a dominant impression about the topic. i got a B+ on the whole project (A- on the paper and B+ on the display). and it shows how bullshit english classes are. ive gotten a C+ on every paper before this and those papers, i thought, were way better than the one i did for this project..

so the point im getting to is: it pisses the hell out of me when english classes make you write about bullshit no one cares about. seriously, i dont give a fuck about some crap that i cant relate to in any possible way. its bullshit. i dont want to write a paper that people have done before me. I DO A TOPIC I LIKE AND I FUCKIN OWN IT. it shows how flawed the gawdamn system is. fuck the english department. i think im done venting but these college level english classes are bullshit. they dont prove shit.

**side note: ignore all my grammar and mechanics errors. i thought id get flamed because im ranting about english and paper writing and i know my post is full of them. but it IS a post and not some p.o.s. paper**

19. Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Yeah, esspecially when the guy who's rubbing it in my face is my ex. He can be a jerk, but I'm struggling to remain friends with him. It just sucks sometimes that's all.

20. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

i think my girl friend is cheatting on me... wiht the person i hate the most... kinda thought of this because she didnt accept my valentienes very well.... and.... i cant say the rest here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.