Got Something You Want To Let Out?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mechanical Christ, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

:wth: ow shit i hope you're not serious :hugz: [/b][/quote]
    Ditto,I hope your not serious!

In the words of Good Charlotte:

Hold on if you feel like letting go
    Hold on it gets better than you know

;) :hugz:

2. Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

aw thats so horrible. and cuz im in an emotionaly unstable state right now that made me cry a little :'( i wish i could help you. :hugz: <--- if that helps any.

but FYI it was fucked up that he put u through all that and then wont talk to you or be w/ u or anything. what did he expect to happen? :mad:

im sorry you miss him so much. love suckz sooo much! :angry: [/b][/quote]
    Aww.. thanks. But good news, he talked to me this morning.. but i'm still a little sad. He said he still can't date me.. But at least he's talking to me I guess..

3. Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

Good for you! :thumbsup:

I like a girl who has a boyfriend... :mellow: It sucks.

4. Luke

Yeah thats happened to me before,it really does suck,but chin up there are lots of ways of keeping your mind off of it,you just need to stop thinking about her and focus on other things like your friends,video games etc. Don't worry man it'll all be fine soon :thumbsup:

5. goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

If you hang up on telemarketers:

1) You need to know they're just doing their job.
    2) Being rude to them (i.e., hanging up, telling them to go to hell, yelling at them) is seriously going to make you look like an ignorant fool who doesn't know anything about sympathy or respect.
    3) You come out looking like an asshole.
    4) You can be sure there's going to be no appreciation for you.
    5) If you're memorably rude, the telemarketer will most likely laugh about you once they get off work and relate their experiences with the rest of their fellow workers.

I know all this because I have recently had the experience of telemarketing (urging people to vote yes on the nuclear-waste clean-up initiative for WA), and trust me, your sympathy or lack thereof really does say something about you. The contrast between those who are polite and those who are not makes it painfully obvious.

I think everybody should try telemarketing or something akin to that; it just does so much to improve your ability to understand people, your ability to brush rude comments off your back and go on unfazed. Not to mention it'll most likely do something for your character, too.

On the other hand, if you just don't think you can stand these callers for a couple of minutes, go here:

www.donotcall.gov

It should stop the telemarketers from calling you. That way you don't have to deal with them, and they don't have to deal with you =).

6. Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

Ditto,I hope your not serious!

In the words of Good Charlotte:

Hold on if you feel like letting go
    Hold on it gets better than you know

;) :hugz: [/b][/quote]
    thank you. im a lil better now. :hugz:
    i think its horrible that i can even think about doing all that to myself. *sigh*

7. uberness

uberness Well-Known Member

i can't believe richard would do something like that just to see what kind of reaction he would get (for thoes who don't know what i'm talking about, check out pg.929 i think, in random thoughts4). i don't know if he's doing this for attention or just to see how far our friendship goes. he had no right whatsoever to say what he said to both me and even chris (they've been together since diapers). all that anger that richard was giving off made me want to cry, but instead i tried to stop the fight...i felt stupid though.

8. HARLEYsheXda

HARLEYsheXda Well-Known Member

i have a crush on someone but i think i just have to let it go...

be positive!mankind is not dead, just yet!! :lol:

9. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't want to go back to school tomorrow. I'm dreading it so much. I hope this week goes by fast. Next week I have exams ( :eek: ) and I have a few half days and some off days. That needs to get here soon. Really, really soon so I can hang with John. Uuuugh, my stomach hurts. I hate thinking about school. I don't want to go back. Christmas break went by too quickly. <_<

10. Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Christmas break sucked for me...

It is 5:32am I have school in two hours, I can't go to sleep, I'm really tired and I don't have Islamic class to sleep through...my sleeping scheduele is seriously fucked up.

I have exams next week too...then it's all heaven after that!
    Think of a bright side, like when it's over.

My stomach hurts too...that's even worse with paranoid people who think you're going to die :argh:

Hope it helped you feel better by seeing how miserable I feel...
    BE STRONG :hugz:

My confession: I sleep through Islamic classes and everyone thinks I'm going to hell.

11. Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

hahaha we have a snow day tomorrow!!! :p

actually my winter break lasts till the 17th

but my lil bro doesnt have to go to school :p

12. DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

Als iedereen nou gewoon 1 ander had waarvan die hield.. dan zou iedereen geliefd zijn...

...Behalve wanneer er een oneven aantal mensen op de wereld zouden zijn dan.

13. Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

We had the ultimate snow day on Thursday...over a foot of snow... Another 15cm fell the other night. Doesn't winter just warm your heart? It does to mine, especially when you get your car stuck a half dozen times in your friend's back lane 'cause you thought you could tear through that big drift in a Chrysler Cirrus. Snow bites.

Anyways...

@Anya: Hope everything works out for ya there...I know, I'm going through the same thing...I've got some serious feelings for one of my best friends (the one I bought the friendship ring for), but she's got a boyfriend (actually, they're engaged) in Thunder Bay. The worst part is that he's currently in prison for some violent crime (she never said anything about what he actually did, but he got a reprimand in his youth center yesterday for beating up a fellow inmate), and she still wants to go move in with him...she's 15 (!) Anyways, be prepared for the big bitch n' moan when she moves out, I'm gonna be torn apart at the seams once again...

@hybridsoldier02: With regards to your post about jumpin off a cliff... Come on. Nothing's worth that kind of action. Nothing. Think this kinda thing over...there's always somebody who cares, and always more people than you think. If it helps, you know that I care, and if you ever need to talk things over, I'll listen...PM me for contact details. This goes for anybody here...I'll talk and listen when nobody else will...

14. Luke

No offence or anything but could you try to speak english please

15. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

If everyone just had someone to love...everyone would be loved...

Except when there's an odd number of people on the world...

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Big problem guys, and its worrying me sick.

As many of you know, if you've been my friend for over a year I used to really like this one chick named "Brianna". If you know me, you'll also know what happened as we had a very ugly experience where she was avoiding me and then stopped talking to me/being my friend altogether in February.

Well, in the months following, I started to get over her and the disgust from my parents became evident (my dad thought she was a psycho and my mom just thinks Brianna did me really wrong). Everytime I started to miss her my parents told me she was the cause from my panic attacks (they disappeared after we stopped talking), and that she wasn't worth my time.

Well fast forward to October of 2004, where she writes me out of the blue just to chat. I'm hestitant to forgive her but as time goes on we get comfortable and keep talking, she seems like a different person so I decide to trust it. For the next two months we get along famously, not having a single awkward moment and never discussing what happened between us.

Now, with the knowledge that my dad is a hairstylist, she's coming down here tommorrow to get her haircut. This is certainly a very awkward moment as before we werent talking for 7 months (after a 2 year friendship) and now after talking again for 1 1/2 months she's coming down here to see me.

My dad seems alright with her, I know he thought she was why I was so fucked up, but he seems to slightly trust her now and is willing to give her a second chance to prove herself to me and my family. That's good because, I wouldn't want him cutting a hole in her hair out of spite (heh heh heh).

However; as I found out tonight, my mom still has a lot of doubts with this girl and she doesnt appear to trust her at all. She thinks, despite how overboard I might have been with Bri at times (and I've admitted this) that what Bri did was still really wrong regardless, and because of that she doesn't like her that much. She says that she guesses I'm just a more forgiving person than her, and that she's going to try to accept her just for me.

The fact the of the matter is, I'm just really worried about how the atmopshere is going to feel tommorrow. You have my mom who technically doesnt approve of me speaking to her at all, and then you have my dad where I'm not sure if he is faking liking her, or if he really trusts her again.

This tommorrow is going to show to me if she's worth being my friend, depending on the feelings I get from the whole thing tommorrow, but I cant help but to feel worried.

What should I do? I'm fearing something is going to happen tommorrow. I dont think my mom will say anything, but I fear that she's going to give Bri really negative vibes while she's here.

17. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Go in positive. If you're positive about the situation, I'm sure your parents will ease up a bit. Keep the atmosphere good and even if your parents are feeling negative about this, assure them of your positivity and things should run smoother than letting the negatives get to you. :)

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thanks dude, I hope it works tommorrow.

19. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Thanks dude, I hope it works tommorrow. [/b][/quote]
    No problem. I'm sure it'll go good.

If you're afraid things still might go wrong, you could maybe give your parents a little pep-talk? Like, you could inform them that you're aware of all that happened, but (I assume) you are giving her a second chance... Sort of redemption?

I don't know, but that might help as well, but be sure to kinda' plan before speaking because it can also make a situation worse, so yeah... In any event, good luck with that. :D

20. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Not to hurt your feelings or anything, but maybe she just wants a haircut and the reason for her going there isn't just to see you, but rather to get a haircut?

Maybe if you think that, then some of the pressure will go away, or something.

You need to stop worrying about things, Derek. Again, not to hurt your feelings, but some of the stuff you worry about are trivia, atleast to me.

Yeah.

On an unrelated note, my knee-caps hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.