Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

2. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

The Rock Chick posted that on the previous page.

3. ondiron

ondiron Well-Known Member

Leave Out All The Rest is currently number 8 on iTunes "Rock" genre (12:00 PM central time Nov 8)!!!

4. The_Cool_Cow

Well, that post didnt have the link, so I thought I would post it.

5. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It was linked to the word 'here'. :lol:

6. The_Cool_Cow

Oh, crap:lol:. I didnt see that.

Anyway, why isnt the front page being updated with this stuff? Theres some pretty interesting information on the new album in the Rolling Stone article and the MTV article.

7. Gitsnik

8. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

not toooo long to wait then :) fingers crossed

9. The_Cool_Cow

Awesome, sounds good.

Has anyone noticed that the admins arent posting these things on the news page? I mean, theres been a lot of interesting stuff about the new album in the past few days, why isnt it getting posted?

10. Gitsnik

Maybe because there isn't a precise date given by the different articles.

Edit: Chester's back is recovering well. He is still scheduled for regular visits to the doctor, but he's able to go about most of his daily routine. He had a scare the other day when he was recording a vocal; in the middle of a take, his back seized up. he thought he might need to go back to the hospital, but after some rest and doctor's advice, it relaxed again. Things are looking good. Thanks for your support!

http://www.mikeshinoda.com/index

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  11. Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2008
  12. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

13. Gitsnik

Interview with Phoenix:

http://lplive.net/

Phoenix recently gave an interview with SMNnews, hitting the subjects of time off, RtR, the new album, future touring plans, his name preference, beard and more, including another squash of the Timbaland rumor. Below are some high points of the interview. You can find the full interview here and thanks to April for finding this!

SMN: Fun. Enjoying your time off?
    Phoenix: Absoutely. We toured through mid-September in the US, so we’ve just been taking some time off, and come November we’ll be back working on the new record. I’m enjoying being home, kicking back and just doing some promotion for the Road to Revolution CD/DVD.

SMN: In terms of your writing for the new album do you have a preference for how you want to sit down and get it hammered out?
    Phoenix: Well, we are done writing at this point. We had a little break in the summer, like 6 weeks at home where we started working on it a lot. We are just waiting to get back in the studio now to begin writing some more and begin recording, there’s still a lot of work to do. Our fans know we are slow writers, but we hope to have less of a layoff with this album.

SMN: Do you have a producer in mind?
    Phoenix: For now, we’ll just have Mike produce it. Potentially other people, but at this stage up it is up in the air.

SMN: What about Timbaland?
    Phoenix: He is not on the radar.

SMN: That also makes sense…so, Milton Keynes…fantastic venue, fantastic crowds - why there for the DVD?
    Phoenix: We knew going in to the show we were recording it, we knew it was gonna be a special show for us and we figured it would be something we really like the rest of the world to see. Having seen the footage and the largest Project Revolution show abroad, it made sense to edit it and put it out. We always have our own video guy, Mark, who does our internet stuff and website video editing and capturing - we have him film it all. For Milton Keynes, we had a full crew, and a full on shoot.

SMN: Right on. Any nifty behind the scenes DVD easter eggs you can tell me about?
    Phoenix: There’s surprises in there. At his point there’s a ton of stuff to still be put together. We haven’t figured what’s included yet. The best way to keep up to date on that, is linkinpark.com - that’s gonna have up to the minute info.

SMN: Touring: tell me more - US/UK, what’s the plans? More festival type gigs, smaller venues, what’s what?
    Phoenix: Right now, we finished in the September. The touring cycle ended for Minutes to Midnight, and there’s literally not one show on the calendar. We are purely back in the studio and are going to write and focus on the new record. Having said that I wouldn’t be surprised, next summer we’ll do some shows and if we were to do that, it would be Europe.

14. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

LPU Newsletter says ...

15. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Wow so instead of live tracks of LP we're getting live tracks of collaborations and b-sides.

Awesome.

16. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Just as disappointing as I had expected. These songs are already available arent they?

17. minuteforce

I was sure they'd cornered themselves into putting remixes on 8.0 ... *sigh* but, yeah, I got blindsided. :)

18. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It doesn't actually say that's LPU 8. Just some promotional mix as far as I can tell.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  19. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i hope thats the case 'cos thats what i thought too :mellow:

20. minuteforce

Oh, actually, that might sound about right, pumping everyone up for something special. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.