Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRockChick

TheRockChick Pffft... LPA Super Member

Wow, this just in:

Linkin Park Cancels Asia Tour
    Linkin Park has been forced to cancel their upcoming Music For Relief Concerts in Mainland China, Macau and Taipei as lead vocalist Chester Bennington has sustained a back injury and is under doctor's orders to refrain from traveling or any physical activities. Linkin Park sincerely regrets this unavoidable cancellation and apologizes to fans for any disappointment caused. Tickets will be refunded at point of purchase.

The concerts were organized as fundraisers to benefit Sichuan, an area ravaged by a devastating earthquake this past May. However, thanks to generous donations from concert promoter Emma Ticketmaster and Linkin Park, funds will still be contributed to the band’s nonprofit organization, Music for Relief, and matched by the World Bank. These funds will benefit post-earthquake reconstruction projects in the Sichuan Province initiated by Chinese Civil Society Organizations.

The cancelled shows are as follows:
    Oct. 12 - Shanghai, China - Shanghai Stadium
    Oct. 15 - Wuhan, China - Xinhua Stadium
    Oct. 17 - Taipei, Taiwan - Taipei Soccer Stadium
    Oct. 19 - Beijing, China - Beijing Workers Stadium
    Oct. 21 - Macau, China Cotai Arena - The Venetian

LinkinPark.com

2. impostor

impostor Member

This was predictable.. a back injury that had already made them cancel one show wouldn't be something that'd heal in 6 days.

Bad news :\

3. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I just edited that into the "One Step Closer to a Chiropractor" news post, since this is basically an update on that story, plus you posted both of them.

4. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Those are all pretty bad. Oh well, it will always be known as 'Dean Is Fit' in my mind.

5. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

6. Sønic

Sønic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Seriously, there has got to be some way Warner has a hand in this.

7. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

How many releases do they have left on their Warner contract anyway?

8. TheRockChick

That is actually from yesterday, but i thought you guys might wanna check it out anyway.

Interview with Mike on X-treme Radio:
    X-treme Radio has an interview with Mike where he talked about Chester's injury and the cancellation of the Las Vegas and China shows and the Remix2Win with Linkin Park contest. Listen to the inerview here. And also, listen to the Remix2Win winning remix here.

The Linkin Park Times
    LP Concerts.com

9. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

New episode of LPTV up, documenting the ending of Projekt Rev. '08. :)

10. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Good Charlotte releasing a remix album and there's a familiar name in here for the one of the songs.

11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Oh, this'll be good! ^_^

12. impostor

impostor Member

From LinkinPark.com:

I did the survey yesterday, and I have to say it has little to do with the website (at least directly). It reminds me more of the Nine Inch Nails survey from some weeks ago.

Oh, and right at the end, they ask your email for a contest (the prize isn't mentioned).

13. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Found this on Play.com:

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/7736137/Road-To-Revolution-Live-At-Milton-Keynes/Product.html

So the CD and DVD has had a date for release confirmed. And the title has been chosen as Road To Revolution: Live At Milton Keynes! However, when I clicked on the product, it states that only 44 minutes of the show is filmed. If this is indeed going to be true, I am very disappointed with this. Why not film the entire set, which I'm sure was well over an hour? Perhaps nearing an hour and a half.

Ah well. Just thought I'd inform you all.

14. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

kind of a cool cover though. i like it :) the full set was 22 tracks i think.. and it was 1h35m long i think

15. TheRockChick

Linkin Park Nominated for American Music Award:

Linkin Park has been nominated for the American Music Awards in the category of "Alternative Rock Music - Favorite Artist!" Help them take home the award by heading over to amavote.com and casting your vote for Linkin Park! Voting ends November 7 at 11:59pm, and the awards show airs on Sunday, November 23 at 8/7c on ABC.

LinkinPark.com

16. minusxerø

minusxerø ohai LPA Addicted VIP

This has already been mentioned in the Rock Revolution thread Sylar (I mean... Hiro) created, but Given Up will be featured (or at least covered) in the upcoming Konami game Rock Revolution.

Source

It's been confirmed I believe but I can't find an article saying so for the life of me.

17. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It's really too bad it's a rushed poorly produced game that was made just to get in on the rhythm game fad.

18. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That's an incredibly ill-advised comment, considering it's a Konami game, and Konami INVENTED the rhythm game genre.

19. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The only thing the fact that Konami made GuitarFreaks and many other rhythm games for arcades in the 90s proves is that Activision and Harmonix refined and released the game to a new generation. It doesn't doesn't make the game any better, or take away from the fact that it is rushed and under produced.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  20. minusxerø

minusxerø ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The part of your post that Astat says is ill-advised is that quote:

when Konami basically INVENTED the rhythm game fad. DDR, Dancemaniax, DrumMania, Guitar Freaks, Beat Mania, Para Para Paradise, Karaoke Revolution... all these rhythm games were created by Konami. I believe they have a right to 'cash in' on a genre that they created.

There wouldn't be a Guitar Hero if it weren't for Guitar Freaks. Rock Band wouldn't exist without Karaoke Revolution or DrumMania. I wouldn't say it's poorly developed just yet. I want to see how the masters of rhythm games takes the stage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.