Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Even though that doesn't belong in Got News, I have to say that I've never seen that cover before. Had I known he was on there I probably would've snatched it right up.

2. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It looks to be from a foreign country, considering the language on the front. :p

3. Derek

Yes, it is from an Asian issue of Rolling Stone which explains why we didn't get it over here in the states.

4. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I bet it was from Thailand.

You know, 'cause that's where Bangkok is.

5. Derek

You sure know a lot about bangkok don't you? :p

Okay, back on topic folks lol.

6. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

SO WHAT IF I DO

7. Felipeintheend

Felipeintheend Well-Known Member

Los Angeles Times says that Linkin Park will visit Announcement Nominatsy ceremony Gremmi 6 th December 2007. That is, if they are there, guys should nominate at the fiftieth anniversary ceremony of the annual Grammy Award, which will be held on 10 th February 2008.

(sorry for my bad english)
    source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/extendedplay/2007/11/akon-linkin-par.html

8. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

In this clip from the Shanghai concert and a press conference, Chester reveals that they did indeed go into the studio in China.

[youtube]AtLn8HyDvVQ[/youtube]

EDIT: Whoops, the first video I accidentally posted was a 'Rock The Mullet' youtube vid. Haha, good times. Updated with the actual video.

9. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I already posted this somewhere else

Owell Right?

10. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

^ I posted that already in this thread but I gave credit to you, LPA should make it a headline, i'm sure a lot of fans would be excited knowing that LP hit the studio in Taiwan. :D

11. Derek

I haven't posted it because this in no way confirms that a new song will be released by the band. Yes it confirms they went into the studio to record the 'suddenly inspired song', but if you've been following the band as long as we have...they are notorious for creating things and not releasing them.

Case in point: Grecian (song), Frat Party 2 (DVD), Live In London DVD (2001 Docklands Special) etc.

12. Fear

Fear Well-Known Member

Rob's drum solo from Shanghai just got uploaded in high quality on Fort Minor's myspace page!

13. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

From LP's Myspace:

The first dates of the Linkin Park 2008 U.S. headlining tour have been announced! Linkin Park will be performing in Detroit, MI at the Joe Louis Arena on February 16, and in Manchester, NH at the Verizon Wireless Arena on February 18. Coheed and Cambria will be opening this tour.

As always, LP Underground members will have access to presale tickets starting November 29 at 4pm. To get access to presales, join the LPU at www.lpunderground.com now. Tickets will go on sale to the public starting December 1 at 10am on Ticketmaster.com.

Look out for more U.S. tour dates soon!

14. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The key difference though is you didn't post it in the 'Got News' thread, where things you think are newsworthy are supposed to go.

15. thesungoesdown

This is where a lot of people take the internet for granted. Heres what happens if you post it in the news section , seeing how a lot of people visit LPA to get their news their going to get really excited and start talking about all over the net. The band is notorious for catching up with what fans are saying on the internet whether on linkinpark.com where Mike occasionally posts to band members actively saying that they've visited LPA SOOOO if they see that fans REALLy want new material on lets say LPU 7.0 or w/e they just might give in and release a bside to satisfy their fans. Its a stretch, but its small things like that to send a message to the band that we want any new material they can throw at us. Band members like Chester are completely obvlisious to this seeing how hes even said that they want to milk minutes and that hes satisfied with just playing these songs for a while. If you guys are in the power to do something to send any type of message at all I say go for it instead of letting this fly under the radar and regardless it IS newsworthy in my opinion. I mean fans want to know what LP is doing period, not just what their working on or where their playing at. Just something to think about...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  16. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

OH.MY.GOD. My dream tour just came true.

17. Derek

All we ever had on these boards prior to LPU 6 was how people were hoping that we get demos from MTM or tracks we haven't heard before.

All we got was a studio version of Qwerty and an instrumental. The rest were live tracks, one of which the song has appeared for three years straight now.

We'll have a discussion about our news posting policies, but all I know is that when we used to post rumors left and right we had comments that we were the "Linkin Park tabloid" and even had an ex staff member from a well respected Linkin Park site (one that we considered to be our friends) create a livejournal community against us, accusing us of being unreliable and the whole nine yards.

We don't want that to happen again.

18. thesungoesdown

I guess i understand where you guys are coming from and I totally respect that, LPA is my fav LP site so I wouldn't want to encourage the posting of useless rumors and tidbits, but I still feel this should be posted whether you guys do or not thats your call. As for LP's habits of not releasing that much material, I feel like they're kind of oblivious to how much their fans are yearning for new material. I think thats the worst thing about LP, they perfectionists and refuse to release anything that isn't as good as it could be , but at this point i'm just tired of long hiatuses when it comes to master recordings of songs and everything being scraped and kept hush hush until they feel like it should be presented to the general public or not, they just need that nudge by fans to try and make them change their ways and get songs to us in other formats like LPU , bsides on singles, etc to just get new music out there for us, and I feel like posting news like " LP was in the studio in taiwan" followed by discussion by a lot of members getting excited and hoping for anything to be released is a good way to make the guys say " hey, lets just get a song or 2 out on LPU 7.0 or w/e for these guys" I know its a stretch and I'm being overly optimistic, but I feel like as fans doing something about it is better then nothing, but once again I wouldn't want to put you guys in a tight position and face criticism , I know your guys judgement is best so do what you guys have to do.
    -----------------------------------------------------

Anyway sorry for sidetracking this thread, lets get back to newsworthy posts

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/metro/stories/2007/11/21/buzz1121.html

Chester and Mike are going to be announcing grammy nominations along with some other people!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  19. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

20. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It's not full. It's missing about 5 songs, and even the ones that are there are mostly incomplete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.