Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

AOL MUSIC PRESENTS LINKIN PARK IN CONCERT

AOL Music will present LINKIN PARK IN CONCERT from New York City on Monday, May 14th at 9:00PM ET/6:00PM PT. You can experience the show online, in the movie theatres or on your mobile phone.

See it in theatres
    You can join fans in select movie theatres nationwide for this special One Night Only Event! Plus, see exclusive in-theatre-only bonus footage from the making of Minutes to Midnight. Click here to purchase your tickets today!

Linkin Park Live on AOL
    Watch this show on AOL Music starting Monday, May 14th at 9:30PM ET/6:30PM PT. It will then be available on demand for you to enjoy anytime. More information at http://music.aol.com/videos/live-concerts/linkin-park

On your mobile phone and around the world
    Stay tuned for details as to how you can also watch this show on your Verizon mobile phone and around the world.

source: LP newsletter

2. JNudda

JNudda Guest

Some new info on the performance, according to Fandango, the performance is pre-recorded, and two hours long!

And AOL wants your pics with the band or at one of their shows! Submit your best photos at a Linkin Park concert or with a band member, and it may be shown on AOL.com during the broadcast!

Click here to learn how!

3. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Posted in the news section. Thanks for the heads up. :)

4. Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

5. Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

6. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

7. The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

www.lptimes.com has posted some information regarding MTM:

45 minutes long? Thats a good length. Also, I can not wait for shadow of a day now. U2 guitars and NIN rythyms in the same song. This should be interesting.

8. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

wow ^

awesome!!

9. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Mike's song hasn't been receiving that sparkling of reviews.

As much as I despise that show, it'd be cool to see LP back in the spotlight like that.

10. Fox

Fox Love & Trolls LPA Super Member

Linkin Park is already featuring the TRL's top 10..
    Right now is #6...
    vote in www.trl.mtv.com.

Also, the video in already in the vote list for VH1 top 20 countdown.
    vote at http://www.vh1.com/shows/series/top_20_countdown/vote.jhtml

"What I've done" ringtone is already in the T-Mobile Top 25. To purchase, just go to T-Zones in your T-Mobile cellphone. It's juts $2.49.

And Linkin Park is in the top pick artist for Cingular ringtones and for T-Mobile's as well..

:D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  11. Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I like how that article said they're back with 'album number 3'

Hybrid Theory
    Reanimation
    Meteora
    Live In Texas
    Minutes To Midnight

Hmm... and if Live In Texas doesn't count, Reanimation sure does.

12. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

Live In Texas and Reanimation were "specials", they weren't full length studio albums with all new tracks. so yes, they are correct.

13. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I can't locate a direct link but I was just watching SNL on NBC and they said that on May 12th, Linkin Park is going to be performing while Molly Shannon will be hosting.

I'm trying to find a link.

14. Robot Man

I was just watching Saturday Night Live, and they said Linkin Park will be the musical guest on May 12th. I no link though, sorry.

15. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

It isn't a new, but just if anyone want to see the 'original' picture of 'Minutes To Midnight' cover :

[​IMG]

16. Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

It could have just been colored by a fan. If we don't know where you got it, we can't use it. Plus, it doesn't really match up with the cover, so it's hard to be sure. From LPTV, it looks like the cover was shot in front of water. Sorry :(

17. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I don't know, it looks real to me. We'll see. ^^

18. Robot Man

"Translated by Hahninator

# Wake 1:40
    # Given Up 3:10
    # Leave Out All The Rest 3:18
    # Bleed It Out 2:54
    # Shadow Of The Day 4:50
    # What I' ve Done 3:25
    # Hands Held High 3:53
    # No More Sorrow 3:38
    # Valentine' S Day 3:15
    # In Between 3:14
    # In Pieces 3:37
    # The Little Things Give You Away 6:23

Wake: is a track that required almost no work from Rick Rubin...the band did it all together, which is something they've never done before (I guess they meant they all sat down and wrote it at the same time, which is something LP never does).

Given Up: had several demo titles 'What the f**k is wrong with me', 'Given Up' and 'Wake'. Wake is the first word you hear in this track. Chester didn't want to name it Wake though.

Leave Out All the Rest: Mike wrote the melody, it has nice arrangements (probably violins, etc), is very poppish and Chester says the fans will love this song

Bleed It Out: weird info on this one: Rob said that since this is such a heavy song, Rick had an idea to play it in the studio and have members of LPs staff and entourage (makeup folks, photographers and security/bodyguards) come into the studio and then record all of them rocking out to the song. LOL I wonder if this is in LPTV :p Rob said they did this at the very end of recording and was a great celebration of their 'accomplished work'. Chester says the song has a 'punk side Rock N Roll' while also having a 'f**k attitude'.

Shadow of the Day: Chester says it's just like a normal Linkin Park song (intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus) with Mike rapping and Chester doing the verses. He says it has the exact same structure as the old Linkin Park songs but the way "in which we presented it is very different"

What I've Done: Rob says Joe created the first demo of the song and Mike and Chester developed the concept of the lyrics (isn't that what they always do? :p). It is the last song they wrote and recorded. They had finished the entire CD at Rick's studio in Laurel Canyon but they felt that they were missing a critical piece of the album. So then they returned to NRG Studios (Where Meteora/Hybrid Theory were recorded) and very easily created this song and finished it within two days.

Hands Held High: Rob says it's a very soft song. I can't really tell what Rob is saying, "Before Mike does not pose above, we had soft and mélodieuses lines of song at the head. Rick on the contrary suggested leaving on something diametrically opposite to the instru. He thus asked him rapper above all length and the result is excellent! " I have no idea what that means :p

No More Sorrow: Chester says the guitar is very heavy. There is a unique sample on this track. The ventilation system in the studio broke for a while, so Chester decided to take his lighter and light it up inside, producing weird sounds with the metal blades. Mike thought it was really cool, so he recorded them with an amp and the samples found their way throughout the entire song.

Valentines Day: Chester says this song is far from being a "merry" song. People who have lost someone in their lives will recognize themselves in the lyrics. The words express how small things in your life later have importance.

In Between: Chester says Mike composed a piece of this song on violin and cello at the beginning of the writing sessions. Chester knew he could sing the song well and have a good result, but then they all decided to let Mike sing it. In the end of the song Chester helps with one of the harmonies. Rick wanted them to try something along the lines of Simon and Garfunkel or Lennon and McCartney. They worked hard to make sure the song didn't sound to poppish, and the final result is what you'll see on the album.

In Pieces: This is one of the very first songs they wrote. It's one of Chester's favorite songs they've ever written. He thinks it's evil to think that it was written by the same people that wrote Hybrid Theory (lol?). He says it's an achievement of what they want to do and where they want to go in the future.

The Little Things Give You Away: Rob says it's one of their favorite songs on the CD (of course). It's very different from what they have done in the past. Rob composed part of the chords and composed the piano parts, then trusted Mike to write the acoustic guitar pieces before passing it on to the rest of the band to finish. "

Source: LPTimes

19. The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

If the song times you just posted were true, then the album will be 43:28 long. Thats a good length. I just wish that more songs passed the 4 minute mark. I mean, if The Little Things Give You Away was a nomal song length, then this would barely pass the 40 minute mark.

EDIT: I just went on www.lptimes.com, and apparently the cover for the special edition MTM has been revealed on Amazon.com:

[​IMG]

Okay, I think that that might be the worst cover that I've ever seen for anything.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's fake, but a well done fake. If you watch the 'whats coming up on lptv' video you'll see the album cover shoot happened at a beach and not a canyon.

It's because the red part is a a special cloth band that wraps around the grey case. The grey case is shaped like a book and inside is the lyric book, CD and DVD. That's why it looks so weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.