Google+ Brand Pages

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Jesse, Nov 7, 2011.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

So, Google+ is finally allowing buisnesses and users to create brand specific pages for its platform. Maybe LPASSOCIATION can join in. I think itd be cool as an alternative to facebook. I'd personally enjoy that. What say you?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'll do it when I get home. Don't see the harm in it. Personally, I haven't used Google+ in months though. It kinda failed to keep my interest.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

You should do it, but I'm in the same boat. Facebook has made A LOT of great changes that are slowly making G+ worthless.

Derek

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, there really hasn't been much reason to keep on going with Google+. It was one of those things where it seemed cool at the time, and then just became wasted closet space, like the Thighmaster. :lol:

Derek

Yeah so if you guys want to help get our site out there, we should brainstorm options on how to expand our Facebook reach, not worry about a social network that never really stood a chance against Facebook.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I saw it in the beginning and was like, "this is great, but they need to keep adding features before it's complete" and they haven't been doing any of that while the hype lasted. They've squandered time perfecting the features that were there and ignoring the gaping holes that I just assumed they would fill in later. Which is sad; I really wanted to leave facebook.

It doesn't have groups. What's the point.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Exclusive Facebook giveaways? :awesome:

Derek

We've contemplated that, like having people like our page to enter...but we don't really have anything to give away :lol:.

Benjamin

Just make a news post asking people to like the Facebook page.

Derek

Or our awesome members could promote our FB link to their fellow LP friends and spread the word ;).

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Nope. I do not like nor do I facebook and I'd prefer to not use it. And I disagree with people who say G+ is useless. I've seen many serious discussions and the like and am way more active on it than I ever was on facebook. So, well, do what you want but I'm not gonna be using fb much. only if i really have to.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I still got a shred of hope that Google+ will pull it up and implement the missing features. They've got to.
    I'm stuck on Facebook because that's where everyone is. And the fact that Facebook is much more feature complete is probably most of the reason people went back to that. Which is annoying, because I don't want a social network monopoly. Even if I didn't want to leave Facebook, Facebook wouldn't be allowed to do horrible things if there was a serious competitor to it.

Derek

This. I was one of the first adopters of Google + and gladly embraced it, but they squandered some great opportunities. They could've murdered Facebook (especially when they launched and the hits EXPLODED) but they just sat on their hands and went "DERP DERP?".

Benjamin

All of my LP friends already like the page since my LP friends are Zane and everyone else on the boards :lol: