Game of Thrones (Season 4) (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Agent, Apr 7, 2014.

1. visioniscary

visioniscary Well-Known Member

never watch Game of Thrones before *please don't bully me* xD

2. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

omgomgomg!

this was the best fucking season so far. so many holy shit moments in this last episode. it was perfect!

3. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Well... this episode certainly was a "game-changer" :lol: Incoming 9-paragraphs:

Too bad I got spoiled on both Tywin's and The Hound's death. But I did not expect Shae to die. And most certainly not by the hand of Tyrion. What a bitch. Anyways, Tyrion leaving King's Landing is interesting, and seeing Varys follow is also really big. Littlefinger's actions are escalating quite a lot. And The Mountain is not dead... and from the looks of it, the scientist is doing something to him that might make him go even more insane (just by the way he said that "he might be a different man, but not weaker").

Stannis had great scenes in this episode. Thank fuck, he needed those. I literally had no clue who's army was attacking the Wildlings. The interactions between Stannis and Jon are intriguing. And the Melisandre is there as well, fuck knows what she's up to. So yeah, can't wait to see what happens there.

Arya's offically fucked up now. She's become pretty intimidating, making The Hound beg to kill him and just letting him die like that. The things he said to make her angry felt like attempts to just make her able to kill him, for some reason I don't think he really meant those words. Then again, he still really isn't a "good guy" so who knows. Still, interesting scene. Loved that scene where Arya was talking with Brienne about their past and how they weren't supposed to become fighters. Anyways, she's off to Braavos now, can't wait to see that faceless guy again.

Bran's story is becoming interesting again. For a second, I thought Hodor was going to die. But instead, it was the kid I wanted to care for but didn't really care for. I'm intrigued by the "you're going to fly" line, said by the "three-eyed crow".

Danny locking up her dragons is so ironic, just when she's so focused on releasing slaves from their shackles, here she is, locking up her own dragons. I wonder if they're just going to die there or become... angry.

So yeah, pretty excited to see what's going to happen in season 5, this season has changed a LOT.

4. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I had never considered until now how Brienne+Podrick and Hound+Arya kind of mirrored each other. That meet-up came out of fucking nowhere. I had no clue who to root for during that fight, but by the end, I was sad that the Hound lost. Arya and him had a cool chemistry. Oh well, Arya is off to crazy ass things now.

Tyrion, Jamie, and Varys- FUCK YEAH GUYS <3 Glad to see people getting what they deserve.

Daenyrs- honestly who gives a fuck anymore?

Cersei- yeah alright cool, she's doing better

Bran- super interested in how far they're taking whatever is going on. That line about flying was interesting, as was the idea of the "children" before the First Men.

Jon Snow- does he have royal blood in him? If so, he's fucked, as that fire bitch had her eyes locked on him.

5. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Well, that was quite different.

I liked some changes, hated others.

I wonder what other book readers think.

6. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Maybe I've just forgotten about it but I can't remember a reason why the Hound was actually still protecting Arya. Could anyone help me out with that?

7. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

He was going to sell her to her Aunt Lysa as ransom.

I thought something was going to happen just before he got off a shot at Tywin.

8. Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

I kept thinking it was a trap :lol:

9. Mitch

Mitch YTB

I felt so fucking sorry for Tyrion when he strangled Shae. That look on his face when he killed her makes me feel so sorry for him.

10. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

I know but then Lysa died. After that he even fought Brienne because she was trying to take her away.

11. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

That last episode was by far the worst of the season. So disappointing.

12. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Seemed like The Hound actually cared for Arya a bit. He didn't say "fuck off, she's my prisoner!", he said "back the fuck off lady, you can't protect her the way I can".

13. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;8oVfIFrpslI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oVfIFrpslI[/video]

14. Jesse

Game of Thrones Game Details.

Not sure if this is allowed to be posted here, but... it is based on the TV Show and it is a collaboration with HBO so I am going to assume it is. Since it's officially released material, I don't think it is spoilers.

Anyway...

http://www.telltalegames.com/blog/8...ls-on-game-of-thrones-a-telltale-games-series

[video=youtube;8_nkZ-Y2XhU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_nkZ-Y2XhU[/video]

[QUOTE="Playstation Blog" ]Today we can announce that some cast members of the television series will reprise their roles in the game. While you’ll get to control five members of House Forrester in your story, the series will have you interacting with characters you already know and love (or hate) throughout the season, including Tyrion Lannister performed by Peter Dinklage, Cersei Lannister performed by Lena Heady, Margaery Tyrell performed by Natalie Dormer, and Ramsay Snow performed by Iwan Rheon. Additional cast members will appear in later episodes… as for who and when? That would spoil the surprise!

House Forrester is a noble house from the Wolfswood in the north of Westeros. Bannermen to House Glover, they have always offered unswerving loyalty to the ruling great house of the North — the Starks. The Forresters are seated at Ironrath, an imposing stronghold surrounded by towering ironwood trees. Built over fifteen hundred years ago by Cedric Forrester and his triplet sons, Ironrath is a testament to the strength and endurance of Ironwood. The Forrester house words are ‘Iron from Ice’, which echoes their belief that — like the ironwood itself — the adverse conditions and unforgiving landscape of the North only makes them stronger.

The game will be played from five different points of view. Each is a member of House Forrester; either a direct family member, or a person in service to the House. Scattered across Westeros and Essos, each will play their part in seeking to save House Forrester from destruction.

Playing as five characters not only reflects the epic scope of Game of Thrones, but is also something that you’ll need to be mindful of as you play through the season. This is because the actions of one character can ripple out to affect the rest of House Forrester. Multiply the actions of one character by five, and you’re truly playing the Game of Thrones… where you win, or you die.

“Iron from Ice,” the first of six episodes, will be arriving for download soon on PS4 and PS3. Until then, thanks for reading, and let us know your thoughts in the comments below![/QUOTE]

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/11/20/game-of-thrones-ps4-teaser-trailer-revealed/#sf5880406

What do you think? Are you going to play Telltale's Game of Thrones; starting with the first episode entitled Iron from Ice?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  15. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

That's some lame ass graphics, amirite?

16. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Who cares about graphics. Honestly, I don't even mind the cartoony look. I've definitely seen worse graphics than this.

17. Jesse

Disclaimer: The following is NOT spoilers from the books. These are all new characters created for HBO's and Telltales Game of Thrones game series. If this post is not allowed, please feel free to remove it. Regardless of any book spoilers, as an extra precaution I've wrapped the bios of each character in spoiler tags. Please highlight below the images to read their descriptions.

Without further adieu...

The Cast of Telltale's "Game of Thrones."

[​IMG]

Lord Gregor Forrester

Lord Gregor Forrester is lord of a strong Northern House and a bannerman of House Glover, who are in turn loyal to the great house of the north – the Starks. As a youth, he famously arm-wrestled Galbert Glover for the privilege of becoming the man’s squire; Glover later joked that he’d gladly lose the match all over again. After his father died at the Trident, Gregor ascended to the lordship, and married Elissa Branfield at the behest of Robert Baratheon.

[​IMG]

Lady Elissa Forrester

Elissa Forrester was born to House Branfield, a minor Southron House that was destroyed when the Targaryen dynasty fell. In the aftermath of the defeat, Lady Elissa was married to Lord Gregor. She at first saw herself as a prisoner at Ironrath, but Gregor was kind to his young wife and she quickly grew to love him. Once their children were born, Lady Elissa embraced her role as the Forrester matriarch and silently swore she’d never see her family destroyed again.

[​IMG]

Rodrik Forrester

Rodrik is the eldest son of Lord Forrester; he was trained from a young age to take on the burden of leadership. He’s a man built for the position, a formidable presence both on and off the battlefield—but when Robb Stark called his banners to war, Rodrik was asked by his father to stay and protect their home, Ironrath. Rodrik refused, riding out into battle with his father and leading the Forrester army into battle with such force that he is now feared among the Lannister soldiers.

[​IMG]

Asher Forrester

Asher had always been a rebellious youth – brawling in taverns, sleeping with whores, and finding ways to raise his father’s ire. But his life took a dark turn when, at age seventeen, he fell in love with Gwyn Whitehill, the eldest daughter of his father’s bitter rival. Bloodshed ensued and Lord Forrester faced a grim choice: go to war, or exile Asher across the Narrow Sea. He chose the latter. Asher remains in Essos to this day, living as a sellsword, trying not to think about the life he left behind.

[​IMG]

Duncan Tuttle

As a boy, Duncan showed such talent for managing his family’s farm that everyone assumed he’d one day take over. But Duncan was fated to run more than fields and a pigpen. In time he struck up an unlikely friendship with Gregor Forrester, the heir to House Forrester. The two grew close and when Gregor became lord he named Duncan his Castellan. Many eyebrows were raised, but Duncan proved himself worthy and has served the House well in the many years since.

[​IMG]

Gared Tuttle

Gared was raised on stories of heroism about the likes of Arthur Dayne and Symeon Star-Eyes. Though the son of a pig farmer, he has always aspired to one day become a warrior himself. With the help of his uncle Duncan, who had risen from lowborn origins to become Castellan of Ironrath, Gared found work in Lord Forrester’s stables, rising through the ranks to eventually be named his squire. Gared has served Lord Forrester throughout the long months in King Robb’s army, and is ready to be a warrior in his own right

[​IMG]

Royland Degore

Royland Degore joined Lord Forrester’s army after his family was wiped out by Ironborn during Balon Greyjoy’s rebellion. Degore had a natural grasp of military tactics and strategy and came to play a crucial role in the siege of Pyke that ended the war. In the months that followed, King Robert awarded Royland a knighthood and Lord Forrester asked him to serve as Ironrath’s Master-at-Arms. Ser Royland still holds the position and is known for his military expertise… as well as his legendary temper.

[​IMG]

Mira Forrester

Mira had always been fond of Ironrath, but Lady Forrester — wanting her eldest daughter to learn the ways of a Southron court — arranged for Mira to serve as a handmaiden to Margaery Tyrell. To Mira’s great surprise, she enjoyed attending on Margaery at Highgarden, and followed her to King’s Landing with enthusiasm. Life in the capital has not been easy for Mira, as her straightforward Northern ways are often at odds with the subtleties of court life – but she also has more guile than she realizes.

[​IMG]

Ethan Forrester

Hailing from House Forrester, third-born son Ethan Forrester is drawn to pursuits of the mind, particularly music and books. Ethan and his twin sister Talia both shared a great love for the towering trees of Ironrath. He was young when his house joined the War of the Five Kings, and the end of the war placed him into a role which he was unprepared for.

[​IMG]

Talia Forrester

During her fourth pregnancy, Lady Forrester dreamed she would birth a daughter with a voice like the summer rain. But as fate would have it, she gave birth to a boy. The infant, Ethan, wailed for hours – until Lady Forrester entered a second labor, this time birthing a girl. She named the girl Talia, after her own mother – and from then on Ethan hardly ever cried. Her dream came true, for there’s no sound at Ironrath more lovely than that of Talia singing as her brother plays the lute.

[​IMG]

Ryon Forrester

Ryon is the fourth-born son of House Forrester and admires his older siblings. He’s been spared from hardship as his childhood has been pleasant and he’s had little to no responsibilities to worry about. Spending hours chasing his siblings Ethan and Talia through the grove, Ryon is just a kid. But war cares not for your age.

[​IMG]

Malcom Branfield

As a young man, Malcolm was the black sheep of the Branfield family. He liked to roam the countryside in the style of a hedge knight, refusing his father’s offers of marriage and lands. Malcolm fought bravely alongside his brothers when House Branfield fell; yet he and his sister were the only two survivors. Malcolm now lives with Lady Elissa’s new family at Ironrath, though he still tends to disappear for weeks at a stretch. Malcolm has fathered no children, thus he is the last of the Branfield line.

[​IMG]

Maester Ortengryn

Originating from a minor house in the Vale, Maester Ortengryn studied at the Citadel in the hope of being assigned to the Eyrie. But by the time he’d earned enough links on his chain to graduate from acolyte, Jon Arryn had been murdered and the South was in turmoil. The Citadel ultimately assigned Maester Ortengryn to Ironrath, where he soon came to respect the Forrester family’s honor and integrity. He now serves the Forresters with pride and has become a trusted advisor to the Lord.

http://gamerant.com/game-thrones-forrester-character-guide/

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  18. Jesse

[video=youtube;GRMoVJReI9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRMoVJReI9U&list=UUF0t9oIvSEc7vzSj8ZF1fbQ[/video]

First Episode of Telltale's and HBO Game of Thrones series, Iron From Ice releases tomorrow. Apparently it's going to be canon? So, I guess it'll be worthy to play or at least to watch a let's play. :lol:

19. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

What do you guys think of Sansa Stark as a character? I can only think of two important things that she's done (asked for mercy for her father and saved Baelish from being accused of killing Lysa Arryn), otherwise she's completely passive and somewhat boring to watch.

20. Jesse

I don't dislike her. That is all I shall say. :)