Fun Question

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Benjamin, Nov 3, 2010.

?

In the upcoming years, would you want 1 LP record, or 1 FM AND 1 DBS record

1. I want another LP album NOW

72 vote(s)
    83.7%
  2. I would rather want 1 album from each side project before a new LP album

14 vote(s)
    16.3%
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Or what if that singer from DBS and that rapper from FM become a band :awesome:. We could call them.....idk....Linkin Park?

DBS and FM would not be able to fit together on a mixtape in all seriousness...

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I might actually find that intriguing. Kinda like a whole album of KROQ Almost Acoustic Xmas 2001-ness. Sounds purty good actually :awesome:

I'd love to see mike come out with another fort minor record.

seannfma1

seannfma1 Member

A new Linkin park album, Fort minor has a couple good songs but I never really dug them, but I like DBS but with the way LP is evolving i choose that

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I honestly don't see another Fort Minor or DBS record for a couple of years. Both projects were pretty much created out of frustration from not being able to do certain things in Linkin Park, and now that the barriers are forever demolished with ATS, the projects aren't really needed.

That said, I wouldn't mind hearing more from either group down the road, but as of right now I'd rather have LP focus on getting albums out faster. Most bands have a lot more than just 4 studio (non remix) albums out in a 10 year time span.

Benjamin

In the past week, I've been reintroducing myself to Fort Minor and I love it more than the first time. Songs like Believe Me have been on repeat on my ipod as of late.

However, I agree with you Derek. I just hope the next record brings in much more rap. It's rapping that puts this band in it's own category from other bands. I think we've had enough Shadow of the Day/BITS/Iridescent types of songs.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Before ATS, I would have said LP. But the elements of FM and DBS are what made me like LP before. They don't have a lot of that anymore, so I'd have to go with FM/DBS. FM especially. I miss that kind of production from Mike.

nikolajlaulp

nikolajlaulp Well-Known Member

New LP Album For sure

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

nw dat we've had ATS..i wudn't mind a FM or DBS album by 2012 feb(..which is unlikely coz of the LP touring but still)...and since LP wil take anothr 3 years for next album...

i wud lyk to see..if Styles of beyond and julien-k together...that wud be either really gud or disaster.. :D

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'd be prepared to wait for the next LP album if ONLY Fort Minor made a new album xD

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

I'd rather have another LP album, loved FM, DBS not so much.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

New LP album , I just want them to shut some critics up.

Rana LP Luvr

Rana LP Luvr 'Fly me up on a silver wing'

They should give a chance for their side projects.... It can't stop at that...
    And i want a new LP album ...sooooon

Dj-Jay

Dj-Jay Active Member

hmm im not such a huge fan of dead by sunrise, but i am a huge fan of fort minor...so becuz of that i'm going to have to say lp album first :) but not RIGHT NOW that would be too quick :p when they're ready and theyve perfected another masterpiece :D

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I think we can all agree that if we don't get another FM record anytime soon, Mike should/must rap loads more on next album. Not including b-sides, we've only got 4 rapping songs on MTM & ATS (5 if you count W4TE) which is nothing really compared to the SEVEN on both HT & Met making 14 in total on both albums.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

It can't be that easy to rap when you're doing almost literally everything else :lol:

Benjamin

What is this I don't even.....

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

A new Fort Minor album would be sick, but done soon, to be honest I have no idea what direction Linkin Park should go in next, it seems that the only forward for them in backwards if they want to stay commercial, just look what happens to all bands once they start making music for themselves :(

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I, for one, definitely love that the rapping's not being overused, the same with Chester's screaming. :" Shinoda might not rap much on LP albums anymore but, when he does, maybe once or twice on an album, he fucking delivers - he's not over-saturating an album with lots of mediocre rhymes like he was doing on "Meteora".

The band have worked hard on their last couple of releases at pulling off hip-hop without it coming off as forced or clichéd and they've been succeeding. So, as far as Shinoda's rapping goes, I like the way they've been handling it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
    Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Toasting. That's what Shinoda's doing there and it's more or less a kind of rapping if you want to look at it that way.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011