Frank Darabont's Mob City (TNT)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Joesen One, Dec 11, 2013.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Frank Darabont is back on TV! Darabont is the man behind the films The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile and developed The Walking Dead for television, where he was showrunner for the first (and arguably best) season before he was fired by AMC in 2011. Since he hates the guys in AMC, he brought the pilot to TNT. The show is based on the nonfiction book L.A. Noir: The Struggle for the Soul of America's Most Seductive City by John Bunton. As he brought zombies to TV with The Walking Dead, he's bringing noir to television with Mob City. Jon Bernthal and Jeffrey DeMunn, who were former regulars in Walking Dead, are part of the major cast. I'm interested in this show because of the Walking Dead alumni, but I can't see it here because there are no international airings here yet.

Cast
    Jon Bernthal as Joe Teague
    Milo Ventimiglia as Ned Stax
    Neal McDonough as Cpt. William H. Parker
    Alexa Davalos as Jasmine Fontaine
    Jeffrey DeMunn as Hal Morrison
    Robert Knepper as Sid Rothman
    Jeremy Luke as Mickey Cohen
    Gregory Itzin as Mayor Fletcher Bowron
    and Edward Burns as Bugsy Siegel

Simon Pegg and Ernie Hudson are guest stars.

[video=youtube;6Ut04TPYnZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ut04TPYnZE[/video]
    [video=youtube;I96ITUJL6yo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I96ITUJL6yo[/video]

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Looks promising! But there is a part of me that doesn't want to invest time on a completely brand new series because it might end up being disappointing.

The Joesen One

Reviews have been pretty mixed so far. Most of them say it's a huge tribute to noir, but not much substance. Then again, it's only been 2 episodes so far.

By the way, I didn't realize Milo Ventimiglia looked good as a mob fixer. And Jon Bernthal looks perfect for noir.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Sammy76

Sammy76 New Member

I agree with you.

The Joesen One

The show's been cancelled guys. Sigh. And the season ended in a high note. Now it's officially a miniseries.

SOMEONE CALL NETFLIX :(