First 'No More Sorrow' Clip Surfaces

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freakyboy

Freakyboy Member

It's a bit 'Oi!' is what you mean. And I love-love-love it!

This is a great song, imho. It represents all I love about LP: the band not needing to show off each member's maximum skill level, and always keeping their essence while not rehashing more of the old.

Don't get me wrong, I love the old. And I'm sure we all do on this forum, because if we didn't, we just wouldn't be members. But as Derek and Louis so well put it, the band at least deserves credibility for 'cleaning their slate with the hands of uncertainty', i.e. trying to evolve beyond their Hybrid Theory-ness. To me however, they're still the same Mike, Chester, Brad, Rob, Phoenix and Joe that they were before... however this time round, LP has seven years' worth of experience, and, for better or worse, an acclaimed rock producer backing their new album.

I for one love WID, and respect LP for the maturity they showed in the video; the understanding that there's more to the world than crooked relationships and personal downfalls... yet as we hear from No More Sorrow, these themes aren't completely gone, and in my view, the band hasn't lost its soul, just diverged a little as far as musical style and themes are concerned. To be honest, the only new song I heard which had very little of the old LP in it is in fact QWERTY. Granted, it's an awesome song... but I can see where LP are coming from by not including it in the album. It's a fun song to rock out to, but it's just not really Linkin Park imo. It's something totally different. And I for one can't see how one can be complaining about the new sound being too different to the old and at the same time praising QWERTY.

Having said all that... just over one and a half weeks until we get the album in Australia! And I can't wait.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  2. phenomenon99

phenomenon99 Member

Listen carefully and you'll hear that No More Sorrow is lyrically quite similar to QWERTY in the sense of entangling ones self in a web of lies. Also both songs rhyme lies with disguise which i thought was interesting.

Im also in Australia! Can't wait, itll be joy! :D

3. Radox Redux

Radox Redux Member

This brings a new hope for me. While Given Up and What I've Done don't seem (to me) to be LP standard songs, this song is incredible by comparison. My expecto-meter just went back up :0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.