Favorite Scene From A Movie

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Mark, Oct 16, 2003.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Do you have a favorite scene from a movie? Whether it be dramtic, funny, action packed, etc. Please share.

One of my favorite scenes from a movie would have to be the Lobby Shootout from the first Matrix movie. It's mind-blowingly awesome. Guns + Cartwheeling + Bullet Time = Awesomeness. I also love the Burly Brawl scene from Matrix Reloaded and the Highway Chase Scene in Reloaded too.

Some of the funniest scenes from a movie for me would have to be in Old School. The part where Will Ferrell shoots himself in the neck with a tranquilizer gun and falls into the pool is hilarious.

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

Haha, I've got nearly the same taste as you, mate :p

The lobby scene, the highway scene and also Neo's fight with half a million agent Smith clones rate highly in my book, but there's a few others as well.

Steve Stifler being peed on in American Pie 2 -- "I CAN TASTE THE BUBBLES"
    Stifler in the dance-off in AP3
    Spoiler for those that haven't seen it (highlight to read)
    Mercutio fighting Tybalt in Romeo and Juliet (modern version)

I'm sure there's a few more, but I can't remember them so I'll edit later :blush:

Mark

Whoa, I forgot the 50+ Agent Smith clones fight. Definately an awesome scene.

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

Whoa, I forgot the 50+ Agent Smith clones fight. Definately an awesome scene. [/b][/quote]
    yup thats my fav too. i like it how he keeps smakin them around with the pole. :lol:
    another one would be from equilibrium, the one where he does a front flip over the motorcycle and shotts those guys. :D

Steph

Steph Ambient

Thought stealler...... :lol:

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Italian Job: First scene with the boat-chase :)

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

LoTR: Two Towers- either the Gollum/Smeagol scene or Helm's Deep

Matriz Reloaded: Highway scene

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Probably the funniest, yet goriest scene would be from Dead Alive (aka Braindead) where the main character starts his lawnmower, picks it up and holds it like a shield while he walks through a scene of zombies.

The funniest scene ever, though has to be from Army of Darkness, where Ash has to say these words, but he forgets them. He recovers by saying "Klattu, Verata, nn...*coughcough* ern.."

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Same here! Damn! We are twins!

And about the funny one: The pulp fiction scene from Space Jam, where Yosemite Sam and Elmer Funt take the guns in black suits and sunglasses, shooting at a Monstar.

Mark

Ditto.

The scene in Bourne Identity where he's escaping from the bank is pretty cool too.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Ditto.

The scene in Bourne Identity where he's escaping from the bank is pretty cool too. [/b][/quote]
    ALL of Bourne's Identity was great. It was so great i can't remember any scence that cast a shadow on the others. They all rocked!

Toast

Toast Ambient

Intro Scene to Jackass The Movie: Giant shopping cart filled with cast of 9 jackasses rides through smoke and introduces all 9 stars. Then giant cannons filled with rocks and smoke shoots at the cart, 3 guys falls out of cart. Johnny Knoxville delivers trademark line "Hi, I'm Johnny Knoxville. Welcome to Jackass!" Then crashes into fruit stand and cast goes flying into it.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

*looks @ 3 other posts re:Jackass*

You must have watched that movie last night - didn't you?

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

Funny Scene: Defiently the Golf Course Air Horns in Jackass: The Movie...that was f**king hilarious

Action Scene: Probably the Burly Brawl (my god was the thought when i saw that) in Matrix Reloaded or the final scene in Resident Evil where Alice ##### the shotgun and the camera zooms out to a ruined city...freakin awesome!

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

The nuclear bomb scene in The Sum Of All Fears.

You get an aerial view, and everything seems to be standing still... You wait for the explosion. It doesn't come. You're in the hospital... Bright flash... All the windows break... And all the rest, simply breath-taking....

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

They nuked Baltimore! It sucked, the movie sucked!

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Towards the end of Resident Evil where Alice is in the hospital, and she kinda falls off the bed shes on and her little dress/flap/whatever that's supposed to be, kinda flows up for a sec...ahem....erm..eh..yeah... :whistle:

I CANT WAIT FOR RE:2!!!!!!!

Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

The busted scene from the Fast and the Furious.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

This is from the matrix revolutions, i havent seen it yet, but this is a quote from the movie i saw on a promotional t-shirt:
    *the might spoil some stuff so ill make it white so it'll be invisible unless you highlight it*
    Smith - Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Yes? No? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?!

Neo - Because I choose to...

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

i like the matrix lobby scene, the freeway and the scene with all the programs fighting neo with the axes and weapons......the scene in lord of the rings 2 with gandalf comming down on helms deep with his bright light showing, and an army backing him! the scene in mp the holy grail, were the knight gets shopped down to stubs, and still wants to fight