Favorite movie?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Will, Jun 10, 2003.

Samantha

Samantha Super Member LPA Super Member

Signs
    The Ring
    - very scary

Fight Club
    - amazing Ed Norton, Brad and idea

Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

Oh, I just have to say it...
    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets :D
    But then I also like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (Steve Martin + John Candy = Great Movie with lots of laughs)
    I haven't really found a movie yet that truly scares me... :wth:

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

This isn't a thread to criticize other people's tastes, so shut up. [/b][/quote]
    Hey you shut up and stop criticizing peopel. It is obvious that I'm not criticizing people's tastes, I'm critisizing the movie. There is a BIG difference between these two things, but apparently you can't see it...

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Hey you shut up and stop criticizing peopel. It is obvious that I'm not criticizing people's tastes, I'm critisizing the movie. There is a BIG difference between these two things, but apparently you can't see it... [/b][/quote]
    Yeah but this person clearly said they liked the movie and you shot the movie down, saying you don't know why people like it, so whether or not your're critcizing this person's tastes or just movie itself, it's clear you're being rude to the person as well. Shh!

easier to run 6

easier to run 6 Well-Known Member

Hey you shut up and stop criticizing peopel. It is obvious that I'm not criticizing people's tastes, I'm critisizing the movie. There is a BIG difference between these two things, but apparently you can't see it... [/b][/quote]
    But these people's tastes are the movies. They are not different, they are exactly the same thing

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

You tell me to stop criticizing people and yet you're the one criticizing the movie that a person really likes, so in turn you're criticizing that person.

I'm beginning to question your intelligence, Happy. You're what? 18 and graduated from high school? Yet you don't see that you're a bigger hypocrite than the word itself.

Seriously man, get a clue. No, I didn't call you stupid. No, I didn't call you dumb. But I am seriously beginning to question you because you don't know much.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Rome Must Die isn't even a movie, either.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Yes it is. It stars Jet Li, DMX, and Aaliyah.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yes it is. It stars Jet Li, DMX, and Aaliyah. [/b][/quote]
    lol.

easier to run 6

easier to run 6 Well-Known Member

Dumb & Dumber, Happy Gilmore, Both Lord of the Rings, Sixth Sense, Ace Ventura Pet Detective,

CinnamonSpider

CinnamonSpider Well-Known Member

koolness, new forum ^_^

there's not a favorite movie, more like favorites...
    Boys In The Hood <<- baddest.
    Forest Gump
    Half Baked <<- basically anything with Dave Chappelle
    200 Cigarettes ^^^ :teehee:
    and My Familia.
    oh yea and The Ring, although i can't watch that movie over and over. It gives me the creeps everytime i watch it. This movie was pretty well plotted and I don't want to see sequel; it ends perfectly.
    Kill Samara, Kill!!! :shifty:

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

I like too many movies. So my list could get a little legnthy. I don't have a favourite, I have 349578495847 favourites.

I got into horror movies awhile ago and have become pretty addicted to them. My favourite one is a toss up between three movies: The Exorcist, Ghost Ship or Thirteen Ghosts.

Other one's I loved Signs and The Sixth Sense, Stir of Echoes, The Others, House on Haunted Hill, The Haunting, It, Urban Legand and Final Destination

My favourite Drama movies are The Green Mile, Girl, Interrupted and City of Angels.

I haven't watched a good comedy in awhile. So right now I can't think of any.

I think I've listed enough. *goes back to my corner*

Happy Gilmore

Happy Gilmore Y2K

Crtiticizing the movie has nothing to do with criticizing people :blink: I have no idea where you find the relation :blink: Of cource I can say that the movie is dumb - which does NOT automatically make the person who likes the movie dumb. I said that I'm wondering why people like a movie without a plot [you see i give my reasons for not liking the movie] If somebody says that he doesn't like "Happy Gilmore" it doesn't mean that he insults me. H can say: "I can't stand Adam Sandler's face - He's so dumb" and still this has nothing to do with insulting my taste. Cuz I like it - He doesn't. Different people different opinions.

Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

I saw The Ring Japanese version. I haven't seen the American version. I just saw the trailer. Just watching that, I realized that there were a lot of revisions made. I dindn't have an effort to watch it. My friends who watched the American version liked the Japanese better. So, I advise you to see the Japanese.. Ring 0,1 and 2.. Look for Takayama Ryuji, the boy's father. His screen name is Sanada Hiroyuki. I find him handsome... hehe.. but his character died.