Exclusive: Alternate A Thousand Suns Art

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It's awesome, I mean look at the promotional shots of the band, even they're unconventional. Normally we would see the whole band against an urban setting, like their previous albums. With this cycle we haven't had one generic band promo shot, they've all been in this style. That is unique in itself.

2. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Unique promo's are unique. . . :lol:

3. LpShreds

LpShreds Member

his art is all black and white, but its amazing, and the cover is simple but awesome, I hope the Music is even awesomer and that cover can live up to the music :p

4. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Epic stuff, in particular the gifs: the chester one is incredible.

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah, nothing about this album screams conventional. I don't think I've been this amped up for an LP release ever. And I thought my excitement for Meteora was bad! :lol:

6. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I hope they (the band & Warner) take our excitement and continue in this direction with the tour as well as the videos. I'd like to see what kind of artistic direction the tour might take. Heck I'd even like to see them take a more artistic approach when experimenting with the older Linkin Park music in a visual aspect on the tour.

7. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

I really hope, if this album is indeed a concept album, that they do an A Thousand Suns tour. They could play the whole album, and then a few of their older songs for an encore, and just switch those up every show.

I don't know how many of you guys agree with me, but I'd love to see it happen.

8. Vic

Vic No game no life

I'm agree, is very possible that this album is a concept album, all the names have something in common and we already know that is a large album. In other words I agree with the digipacks, my MTM album is all damaged and with spots everywhere :( I prefer jewel cases at sometimes, but they get broken too.. So it's kinda hard.. But still, the album looks so badass with the jewel case, so yeah :D I'm up for it.

9. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

This is a plausible idea. Although I would see them skipping maybe a couple songs because not all songs are meant to be played live. If they did this, i would want the ATS portion to come first and for them to close with their old stuff.

But I don't think this will be a legit concept album like American Idiot. Although it may have a "sonic identity" as Mike said.

10. KMunkee

KMunkee Munkee

While the artwork isn't very appealing, (personally), I do think that the artist's work is quite unique. If LP went with the artwork and thinks that it fits, the guy must be doing something right :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  11. Joe

Thought I'd mention this in here as it is to do with the nature of the covers. What's interesting is that Linkin Park have changed the description of the CD / DVD on their pre-order page to read:

12. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

Derek ... before 4-5 years i did not knew anything about LP news (fan) sites ... so i had a google search and i typed ''Linkin Park News '' .From then.. i knew only about LPA ... you ARE GREAT ;) :D :D and in my opinion your site is the best FAN SITE OF LP ! [just keep the good work ]

back to topic ...

so do we know anything about the ''strange man'' that apears to these IMAGES ... ??? does the effect makes it clear with the NEW images of today ??

13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Holy sh*t. WHY DOES THIS ALBUM WIN SO HARD?! :awesome:

14. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Yep, sometimes there's an apparent integrity and theme in a record that makes the critics and fans believe it's a concept album whilst in fact it wasn't meant to be one. "OK Computer" was never supposed to be a concept album, even the members of Radiohead deny it being a concept album to this date, but whoever listens to it says it's a concept album. Gotta wait to hear ATS, Mike says it's not a concept album, but fans might disagree after listening to it!

15. Joe

Definitely, the new description of the digipack on lp.com sounds badass!

"A holographic, foil board digipak case that contains the album and the making of A Thousand Suns documentary."

16. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Dude, that is awesome. :D Foil!

17. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

So what exactly is the holographic going to be like? It sounds amazing.
    What i love reading is
    Hoping we'll get the single by this weekend?

18. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

We get it TODAY.

At least, that's what I tell myself in my head with hope and joy and sparkly butterflies and double rainbows.

IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIEEEEE

19. Joe

I've given the updated info it's own news thread. Let's carry on discussion in there. :)

20. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I really like the Zig Zag one, but I'm still the biggest fan of the SE cover. I just love it! :awesome:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.