Enter Shikari Drummer Denied US Entry

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Luke, Mar 5, 2009.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I came last Sunday. Maybe I just wasn't expecting so much questioning and it's normal, but it seems like they act as if everyone is guilty until they can prove otherwise.

I didn't have to fill out a card with that info though, just a card with my information like name, passport number, where I'm staying, etc.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Imagine :lol:

"Have you ever taken part in espionage?"
    "Yes. I'm taking part in it right now... *whispers* But don't tell anyone!"

I thought Snoop Dogg was banned from the UK for trying to smuggle drugs into the country though?

Either way, it's all a bit silly. In the same way that American passport control have a problem with you if you've got a stamp saying you've been to Cuba.

Chris Tucker

Chris Tucker Banned

They let Sean Penn back in here after he hung out with Castro... :blink:

WHYYYYYYYY? :lol:

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Uh, yeah it is. Anyone who isn't white is suspicious...at least from what I've seen anyway. On my past 6 consecutive visits to the US I've been stopped and searched simply because of the colour of my skin. It's not only me though...my Mother even gets stopped and anyone with brown or dark skin.

The irony is that I'm 3 quarters white british and only a quarter Indian. It just so happens that I got the strong Indian gene thus my Asian features. So many people don't believe me when I say I'm actually more Scottish than anything lol.

Did they make you do eye-scans and finger-scans? Did they make you sign an agreement that you wave your rights to our government?

Chris Tucker

Chris Tucker Banned

Is that supposed to be funny?

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

No.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Well there you go. Everyone coming into the US has to do that aswell as filling out a form before your departure to run a backround check and deem whether it's okay for you to enter the US. Also, although I'm not too sure on this one, it's well within the power of the US security to detain anyone coming into the US for up to 48 hours without reason or right to an attorney and can send anyone back to their country of origin without reason.

Sorry but I'll criticise that to the bitter end. I'm not saying it's your fault as an American citizen or anything like that but your government overdoes it completely when it comes to this sort of thing...far worse than the UK does.

The simple fact is that no matter what way you look at it, Rob is not a threat to US citizens and it sucks completely that he's not been allowed in.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
    Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I really don't think it's a big deal whatsoever. He plays in a band and he acted like an ass the last time he was here. He even admits it was his own fault.