Eminem - MMLP2 (Nov. 5, 2013)

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Filip, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

The monster >>>> love the way you lie
    If you just block out the thoughts that he is "pop" or that's the "new em" or him collaborating with rihanna, this is actually going good so far... i agree that it isnt as good as mmlp but i think it is so far better than encore, relapse and recovery...i don't know about you but that's me...

Unpopular opinion here : when is LP/mike gonna collab with eminem? :/

2. Gravity_LP

And YESSSS TO THIS. i like him rapping about stuff like that and not things like "seduction" "spacebound" and almost everything on relapse

3. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I don't think he found a 'hella way to fuse it' unfortunately. Let's be real, he's rapping over an extremely uninspired and bland pop instrumental with a manufactured hook laced over it.

4. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a bad song per se, but it just sounds so fucking generic and uninspired.

5. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

"Yeah, what he said!"

- Will.i.am

6. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Given the adjectives you employed, I would have said "Let's be subjective".

With that said, I don't like the track.

7. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

leaked

bye

8. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Shit, man. Headlights.

9. Filip

Short review (spoilers, much spoilers):

1) BAD GUY - Holy shit, amazing track! Incredible beat. And the Stan references... :worship: And the last minute, with the different beat was incredible. Incredible hook. That's pure quality. But so much of this track sounds like this is his last album. :(

2) PARKING LOT (SKIT) - HOLY SHIT IS THIS REAL LIFE?! IS THIS THE ENDING OF CRIMINAL? IS THIS THE NEW END TO MMLP? WAT. Incredible. :lol:

3) RHYME OR REASON - Amazing beat. Great hook, great flow. That exhale is sexy as...

4) SO MUCH BETTER - Kinda reminds me of something off TES. He definitely isn't trying to censor himself, ''Drop dead!!''. Dirty beat might be the best way to describe it. Ohhh dat ending. 12/10 Stans came.

5) SURVIVAL - Wat r u doin here. No, go away. You aren't MMLP2. But I like this track.

6) LEGACY - Cheap hook, dislike. Nice flow, liked the concept. Liked the beat during his parts, but not the chorus. Needed himself on the hook. Again looks like this is his last album. :(

7) ASSHOLE (FT. SKYLAR GREY) - What a beat, fucking made me drop my jaw to the floor. First verse incredible. Skylar did a good job on the hook. Hard job catching all those references. Loved the Holy Grail one. Great track.

8) BERZERK - Loved it and still love it. So fucking powerful. Love it even more in the context of the album.

9) RAP GOD - Great track, always liked it.

10) BRAINLESS - Waaat greaaat beat! Just awesome. Great flow, and dat hook! :lol: Awesome! Loved the ''insert insults here'' part in the 3rd verse. ''I'mma grow a name and be famous/I'mma be a pain in the anus'' :lol:

11) STRONGER THAN I WAS - Whoa, unexpected. Never thought he'd do something singing-based again. Loved it, think it was emotional. Damn, I liked this a lot.

12) THE MONSTER (FT. RIHANNA) - Call me crazy but , unlike you all, love this track. It's pure pop but it's quality pop. Rihanna did an actually great job on the hook, liked his verses and the hook, and the ending was great. Loved the vocal sample in the back, reminded me of Can You Feel My Heart? by BMTH, but less intense. I'll say it again 'cause I really feel like it should be said: Rihanna did a great job on the hook.

13) SO FAR... - Man, I read those lyrics before I heard them. The first verse. I lol'd. :lol: :rofl: @ THIS WHOLE TRACK. This track made me truly happy. He's so fucking... dumb. :rofl: And his mocking of technology... :lol: Amazing track, one of my faves so far. Once again: :lol:

14) LOVE GAME (FT. KENDRICK LAMAR) - Kendrick had a greeeeat verse. Really great. Loved the beat changes and the whole old-school vibe. And no one can say Kendrick is better than Em. NO ONE.

15) HEADLIGHTS (FT. NATE RUESS) - The feels man. :cry: Nate did an amazing hook. One of the most emotional, if not the most emotional Eminem song ever. Shit, that was awesome. Debbie must be crying her eyeballs out right now.

16) EVIL TWIN - SO. FUCKING. BADASS. Fuck yeah.

Loved the album, top to bottom, as expected. Can't wait for the second listen.

-

On March 2nd, 2016, I write this edit. All written above is false. Eminem sucks. You suck too.

"Groundhog Day" is a jam though.

10. Agent

Brainless, Rhyme or Reason, So Much better, Evil Twin, Legacy (to a degree... besides the corny hook) are my favorite tracks. The rest of them sound like....

A 5 year old doing a collage. It's messy, colors are dripping from all corners, the pictures have glue sticking out the back of em. You look at the finish product and its just a mish-mash of vibrant colors with no thought put into it... If you look long enough it gives you a headache.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  11. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Don't know about you guys, but...

Album. Of. The. Fucking. Decade.

12. Gravity_LP

Yes...i have no words for this...the first track already got me crying. I really hope this isn't his last album like what i have predicted....

13. Infinity

Infinity *

Better than Yeezus and Holy Grail if you ask me. Smiled alot at So Far, amazing! But I don't think its the album of the decade haha, still really good :cool:

14. Filip

Bad Guy is a top 5 Eminem song, damn. Gonna listen again now. School is done.

15. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Dude, Headlights though... I wasn't expecting that at all. It really is quite beautiful. Respect to Eminem.

16. Filip

Brainless is also a fucking awesome track. That piano... And maybe the best chorus on the album.

17. Gravity_LP

and i didn't expect him to sing ( Stronger than i was ) reminds me of Hallie song..For now album rank would be
    TES-->MMLP/MMLP2-->SSLP--> recovery --> infinite --> Encore --> relapse

18. Agent

I have no idea how Groundhog Day and Baby didn't make it into the album! Could've easily replaced a few songs with these two.

19. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Not bad. Had some pretty good tracks. "Album of the Decade" though... Hah

20. Filip

Can't wait to hear the deluxe. DL'ing.

-

17) BABY - Not really impressed. It was okay.

18) DESPERATION (FT. JAMIE N COMMONS) - Damn I loved that chorus! Beat was also very powerful. Really really liked this one. Gotta check out Jamie N Commons.

19) GROUNDHOG DAY - Beat was amazing, his flow was great. Loved the chorus.

20) BEAUTIFUL PAIN (FT. SIA) - See: Baby.

21) WICKED WAYS - Loved the hook, beat was nice. KEN WAS AWESOME. :rofl: Everybody, everybody, touch my body!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013