Easier To Run = Crawling

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by htep:carousel308, Apr 16, 2005.

†Paul†

†Paul† Member

I thinks Crawling is more similar to Somewhere I belong. Cuz of wounds. Those two songs can be combined. Then Figure.09 and Numb. just for me.

Yippi Cola

Yippi Cola Well-Known Member

I write the similarities I found (some of these were written before, some not.)

Don't Stay - One Step Closer (both are track 2)
    Chester sings all of the song, Mike raps a bit in the chorus. First 3 lines:
    Don't Stay - Chester - Everything you say to me
    Forget our memories
    - Mike - Takes me one step closer to the edge
    Forget our possibilities
    - Mike & Chester - And I'm about to break.

Somewhere I Belong - In The End
    Chester sings the first line and some other lines while Mike is rapping in the verses. Chester sings the chorus and bridge.

Easier To Run - Crawling (Both are track 5 - excluding Foreword)
    Both songs starts with the chorus, then the verses, chorus again, 2nd verse, and they don't have a real (Chester screaming) bridge. Their ending is different.

Figure.09 - By Myself (both are track 7 - excluding Foreword)
    Both of the songs start suddenly. The structure of the bridges are very similar: Mike starts a sentence, then Chester screams the last word.
    But the choruses aren't very similar.

Session - Cure For The Itch (both are before last tracks)
    No need to say much about these...both are Mr Hahn instrumentals and are right before the ending song.

Numb - Pushing Me Away (both are last tracks)
    Chester sings the verses, then sings one line and Mike says another one, twice, before the chorus.
    Everything falls apart... - Mike - Caught in the undertow...
    The sacrifice of hiding in a lie
    - Chester - Every step that I take is another mistake to you
    Everything has to end...
    - Mike - Caught in the undertow...
    The sacrifice is never knowing
    - Chester - And every second I waste is more than I can take.
    Then Chester sings the choruses. The bridges aren't similar.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I think some of you have listened to that Numb/Pushing Me Away comparison. If you notice, one has been slown down, and the other sped up. You can't compare similarities in songs by changing the tempo, that's just not fair.

Pap3rcut

Pap3rcut Banned

Okey let me sum it all up here!!!

METEORA - HYBRID THEORY
    Somewhere i belong - In The End (Crawling too (lyrically)
    Lying From You - With You
    Numb - Pushing Me Away
    Don't Stay - By MySelf (The Bridge ALMOST THE SAME)/ Papercut
    Easier To Run - Crawling
    Session - Secret Track from the EP (same beat but in meteora hahn was more experimental and ... :joe: )

Hit the Floor and Faint were the two tracks i find something that i would call NEW ALBUM MATERIAL....i don't mean other songs were crap....they were awesome but just a watered down version of Hybrid Theory and also The Soldier in Hybrid Theory is Wayyy Tooo Cool. <<<--this one has nothing to do with the actual topic.

Tekkiji

Tekkiji Well-Known Member

I found Numb more similar to Crawling, mainly because the bass line is almost the same, if it isn't.

Shiraz

Shiraz Well-Known Member

Awesome*Kryptonite

Awesome*Kryptonite Well-Known Member

I don't think there is such a similarity between Crawling & Easier To Run. However their is a hit of Crawling in the song. But who cares? I like lp's forumla in each of thier songs on Meteora thier great forumla in their songs made them famous!

I like the fact that they have used the same contrast between all their songs compard with other soings on albums. This Intelligence used in each of thier song's is pure Genius. The band know what the fans love the same mix and feel as the other albums. So what if the album sounds too much like Hybrid Theory. I truly love any song that Linkin Park Create! I think this is what every TURE FAN of Linkin Park feel the same way about them as i do.

Rock on! Linkin Park. :peace:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

It makes me wonder why people just take so much time...bothering to find the similarites and/or differences of Linkin Park songs. The fact is, this has been discussed so many times, it's not even funny. We can agree that some songs are similar, it's LP's style. Being so picky about it and pointing out this and that isn't going to make you a Linkin Park expert.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

Linkin Park sold out? No way! I never would have guessed.

Geki

Geki >.

I've never noticed actually. But it's pretty cool to know.

Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

it's their style-if you guys want them to change their style that wouldn't be lp anymore

djg1285

djg1285 Well-Known Member

Ya it's just their song structure that's comparible. The speeding up/slowing down thing is bull.

A lot of people complain that Meteora was too similar to Hybrid Theory, but if Meteora was different, then people would complain that they should have stayed with the same style as HT. They were different enough on Meteora, in my opinion.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Yeah it's true but Meteora is still a good album
    and i think it works this way

forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

Meteora was a kick ass album!! Thats LP's style. And yea if they changed people would probably be dissapointed. I think Meteora was gold, and i personally dont know of any way you could make it better.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

rhcp change their style with every album and they're still rhcp

Samurai_CLiD

Samurai_CLiD Well-Known Member

I found (after extensive and gruely research) that yes, Numb and In the end endings are very similar but when you hear it on the radio im sure we can tell the difference

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

rhcp change their style with every album and they're still rhcp [/b][/quote]
    And the RHCP have sucked ever since Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

And the RHCP have sucked ever since Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik. [/b][/quote]
    I would have to disagree on that point. But it's not relevant to discussion.

forgottenlp52: I can give you one simple suggestion that can make Meteora better. Go find a thesaurus and find synonyms for pain, ignore, and fear. :shifty:

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I don't think there is such a similarity between Crawling & Easier To Run. However their is a hit of Crawling in the song. But who cares? I like lp's forumla in each of thier songs on Meteora thier great forumla in their songs made them famous!

I like the fact that they have used the same contrast between all their songs compard with other soings on albums. This Intelligence used in each of thier song's is pure Genius. The band know what the fans love the same mix and feel as the other albums. So what if the album sounds too much like Hybrid Theory. I truly love any song that Linkin Park Create! I think this is what every TURE FAN of Linkin Park feel the same way about them as i do.

Rock on! Linkin Park. :peace: [/b][/quote]
    I know your post is from more than six months ago but I reckon that if you're a true fan of Linkin Park you should be able to criticise them. If they made absolutely faultless albums (to be fair they did come close with Hybrid Theory) then you'd have the valid grounds to suck up (for lack of a better phrase) to everything that they have made, but unfortunately they don't. Bands should push boundaries, not just carry on with the same-old-watered down-same just to please their fans. If Linkin Park wanted to record something completely different and they went on to do so, I would at least respect them for that even if it sounded bad.

Samurai_CLiD

Samurai_CLiD Well-Known Member

Even though there are similarities im not gonna stop listening to the album, i love it all the same. I think that if LP started doing screaming guitar solos people might be like WHOOAH but eventually we would have to realise it is still LP. Like Chester said "we want our music to describe our name, not the name to describe the music" or something along those lines.