Don't Stay

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Glenn, Feb 3, 2004.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I think Don't Stay is a great beginning song. Even though it doesn't have the best lyrics, I think it's a great song. It basically defines the whole album. Some people don't like it, but I love the song, It is one of my favorites, especially live.

What are your opinions on Don't Stay?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

"Don't Stay" is one of the worst songs on the album.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Yes I honestly think it's a tie between Don't Stay and Hit The Floor. The whole musical idea behind HTF seemed very below average for LP. And Don't Stay seemed like it was trying to hard to give that OSC feeling.

Will

Yes I honestly think it's a tie between Don't Stay and Hit The Floor. The whole musical idea behind HTF seemed very below average for LP. And Don't Stay seemed like it was trying to hard to give that OSC feeling. [/b][/quote]
    It's really obvious that LP tried to copy "Points of Authority" when they wrote "Hit the Floor." I mean, just listen to the riffs. The whole start-stop thing was taken straight from "Points." The only difference is that the verses are rapped instead of sung.

I think LP really needs to try harder on their next album to come up with some truly original songs.

Justin V.

It's really obvious that LP tried to copy "Points of Authority" when they wrote "Hit the Floor." I mean, just listen to the riffs. The whole start-stop thing was taken straight from "Points." The only difference is that the verses are rapped instead of sung.

I think LP really needs to try harder on their next album to come up with some truly original songs.
    [/b][/quote]
    Yes I agree. With two vocalist they have tons of ways of putting together songs. And we all heard the stuff that was deleted from Meteora like a.o6 and that drum test with the piano and guitar. That ROCKED. It got me super hyped for Meteora... But yeah next CD I don't want to hear reused BS. ORIGINALITY!

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

so true

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

well jeez, a lot of people agreed with me on that one :rolleyes:

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Lyrically I'd say LP has done a lot, but a lot better.

Musically, it's one of Meteora's best songs.

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, I love Don't Stay. It's especially good to listen to when you're in a bad mood. :whistle:

Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

Me too ^_^ It has bad lyrics, but I think it's a really catchy song.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

"Somewhere I Belong" is the worst song on the album, IMO. Hands down.

It was meant to feel darker . . . like what they did with By Myself.

How does the chorus resemble Points of Authority? I personally thought how they messed with the guitar was pretty original.

I don't mind the lyrics - they aren't really meant to be good, but they aren't boring. We'll, it really doesn't get that way for me, until the bridge. Everytime I hear Chester say "I don't want to be ignored," I wish he would have said something like "This is just too much to endure" or something. It's just so boring the way the bridge was done.

Justin V.

I don't know if you'll get what I'm saying. OSC and By Myself make me feel totally different. Don't Stay gave me that wannabe OSC feeling. Not because it was "darker". It just.. gave off that air of OSC. The way the opening riff comes in and Chester singing. Then the chorus with Mike saying the little end part. "Takes me one step closer the the edge, And I'm about ta break" "Just give me myself back and, don't, stay." Same... "feeling" to me. Nothing like By Myself. Dark or not.

I think that Don't Stay is a really cool song- it has a cool intro with the basic pop beat slowly going into a steady rock beat. Also, the fill in between is really cool and when Rob pushes his sticks onto the snare, it makes it really cool.

Will

Not so much the chorus, but just the fact that the whole start-stop riff thing was taken straight from "Points." There aren't any other songs that are like that, and it's obvious they took the idea from "Points."

HARLEYsheXda

HARLEYsheXda Well-Known Member

i like it for it has the rock "vibe" in it... that's all i guess... a very excellent tune for an opening of the album... (hail to whoever chose that to be the opening song for Meteora!!) ^_^

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Besides the fact that it sounds much like OSC and the chorus is a bit weak, th rest of the song is awesome.

Yep, i don't care about the lyrics. Anyway, did OSC have THAT better ones? I'd say even Don't Stay's ones are on a higher level.

FiGuRe#8

FiGuRe#8 Well-Known Member

It's a good song , but not that good. ;)
    And on live in texas it sounds much worse...

Calenia

Calenia Well-Known Member

Ehhh, don't stay rocks! I love that song... :D Especially live - it's a jump-around-song :D

Samantha

Samantha Super Member LPA Super Member

It's good song.

But sounds like OSC and OSC is better

Hybrid Element

Hybrid Element Member

I thought don't stay was f***ing awesome. The lyrics, music, everything about it