Doctor Who 2011 *Contains Spoilers*

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Dean, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Apparently a character called Jenny is billed to appear later in the series. Whether or not it's THAT Jenny, we'll see. I don't think that the girl is directly connected to her though, even if she does return.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  2. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I was pleased to see Jenny live, although now I'm curious (once again) as to how she lived without regenerating...

3. Dean

To be honest that's not an episode I go out of my way to watch again when it's repeated or whatever so I haven't seen it for a while, but I remember seeing a couple of possible explanations for that somewhere else on the internet. One was that it was along the same lines of what happens with the Doctor later in that season where he sort of regenerates but not really, and I think the other is that the planet gets terraformed or something during that episode and part of that process brings her back to life.

4. MKH

Yeah but the Doctor DID regenerate, essentially, right? He just used his hand as DNA to copy off of so he could keep the same appearance. She just like...came back from the dead. The planet terraforming or whatever sounds sound, as sound as anything in the Whoniverse can get, anyway.

5. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

When a Time Lord regenerates, they usually turn into someone close to the age that they were at. If Jenny did regenerate, she would have probably turned into a girl near her age, not a little girl. She was part human from the cloning machine her DNA was sampled into, so she could heal herself from death without changing.

6. MKH

So if the next time we see the little girl, and she has the same face, then is it safe to assume she, like Jenny, is part human? :blink:

7. Dean

There's barely any consistency to how regeneration works anyway :shrug: if you try to apply rules to it you can probably find something to contradict just about anything besides the basics. I know she's supposed to exhale something that looks like the terraforming stuff when she'd been shot right after being exposed to it, so I'm gonna go with that one.

I don't think the girl is Jenny, but when a new actor is cast as the Doctor or the Master they can be more than 10 years younger than the previous one, and some are clearly that much younger than the previous one, eg Davison compared to Tom Baker and Smith compared to Tennant. If Jenny regenerated and the same thing happened, she would end up as a child so there's that.

8. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

It couldn't be Jenny. That little girl is the one who's baby picture with Amy was in the boarding house so Jenny couldn't have regenerated into a baby.

9. Dean

I hope it's neither a) the girl is Jenny/pretty much any other existing character for that matter or b) timey wimey conception = her having Time Lord powers.

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  10. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

It's obviously Kano's wife.

In all seriousness, I'm not even going to try and speculate who exactly she is. I know I'll be way off the mark, haha.

11. MKH

So what did everyone make of The Curse of the Black Spot? The nurse lady is back for a quick hallucination (if that's what it is) of Amy's and the TARDIS still can't decide whether or not Amy's pregnant.

12. Dean

The best part of the episode is when you realise there was a real pirate called Captain Henry Avery who was never captured or killed by the authorities, and eventually disappeared without a trace.

13. MKH

Space pirates = boss.

14. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

The Curse of the Black Spot was a bit iffy but good for me. 7/10

I still want to know who the hell that woman is that appears in front of Amy.

What's annoying me is the fact that i know episode 7 is going to end on a massive cliff hangr and is going to ruin my mind.

15. Dean

Depending on what Neil Gaiman’s episode is like, I think this episode will be forgotten pretty quickly to be honest. Not bad, not amazing. I'm not sure if that's objective or it's just after the bar set by the first couple of episodes haha.

16. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I definitely think Curse of the Black Spot seems weaker because it followed two stellar episodes. It's a little jarring to watch an adventure-of-the-week episode after getting engrossed in a major story arc.

17. Dean

I had the new episode spoilt for me yesterday. I think. It's a shame because it's quite a good idea.

And yes, when I say I had it spoilt I mean that I was lurking on another board and opened a thread with a spoiler warning.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  18. MKH

That's exactly how I felt watching Black Spot, especially after the final scene of Day of the Moon!

How are there already spoilers that, supposably, big for an unaired episode, Dean?! :uh: [shies away from the internet]

EDIT:
    Nevermind - I think I just did it, too :disgust:

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  19. Dean

There was a link to an interview with Suranne Jones, who stars in it, and there are parts where words been censored to prevent spoilers. It's not hard to guess what it is though.

20. MKH

Yeah I came across an uncensored post of that interview -.- I'm sure it'll still be mind-blowing to see certain "things" happen however :awesome: