Do you think President Bush should be impeached?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Link04, Oct 22, 2004.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Then don't post in it. It's as simple as that. After complaining that political discussions were annoying you, you came and posted in one. Yeah, that makes so much sense.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Actually, I wasn't specific as to what annoyed me. I said political.

It wasn't really so much as a topic as it was how someone conducts themselves in politcal stuff.

But you're right. I'm going to stay away from this bullshit until after the elections.

:)

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I can see your point of view, Casey.

LiveInCalifornia

LiveInCalifornia Member

I hate Bush as much as the next guy, but anybody who says he should be impeached clearly doesnt know why we impeach government officials or presidents. You can only impeach presidents on the basis of federal crimes, not just because you don't agree with what he did. Thats why Clinton wasn't impeached; its not illegal to have an affair, just not good.

So yes I think Bush has made some bad decisions, but he doesn't deserve impeachment.

OTT = Over the top

I just thought you saying "Should we murder Bush next?" was a bit far-fetched. Clinton was impeached (partly) for perjury so why shouldn't Bush?

Huh? What are you talking about? Clinton was impeached, on grounds of perjury and obstruction to justice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton#..._legal_problems

He didn't just make a bad decision. He told a big fat juicy lie that ultimately costs the lives of thousands of soldiers and civilians. He went on an illegal war based on false claims that were later disproved. That's not just bad decision-making. It's like saying "Oops, sorry, I didn't know". But 10,000 people wouldn't have to die if he didn't tell that lie, did they?

Presidents can be impeached for "high crimes and misdemeanors".

Today After Tomorrow

Today After Tomorrow Well-Known Member

No actually Bush was just sitting in a kindergarten class reading "What Does the Goat See?" while the 9/11 attacks were going on. Bush just took the credit for all the people that helped. [/b][/quote]
    Actually it was "My Pet Goat" :whistle:

Lieing to congress about reasons for a war isn't a federal crime? If it isn't I think someone needs to make it a law.

There's no need for impeachment anyway. In about 8 days he will be totally crushed in the election by Kerry and in January he will finally be gone from the White House.

LiveInCalifornia

LiveInCalifornia Member

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Ditto.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

President Bush hasn't done anything wrong in terms of the US government. His movement into Iraq was fully supported by congress, therefore making it legit and nothing illegal. They can't impeach him because he is going against the UN.

Today After Tomorrow

Yeah, because he lied to them.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Well, if the information he provided to his congress was completely false...

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Okay, so I was talking to my mom about this, and this came up.

If Bush was impeached, do you think America would seriously be better off with Cheney as President?

'Cause that's what would happen, right?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

:eek:

Casey wins.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Well, yes. If there was an impeachment, I'd like to think the majority of American's would start becoming more observant and critical of the man they elected, or want to elect.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Yeah, but if Bush got impeached say, in March 2005, could you live with Cheney being President until 2008?

Link04

Link04 Ambient

If, ultimately, the majority of the public became more aware and more skeptical of the people leading this country, then yes, I could tolerate 3 more years for a permanent change of good.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

i think the Clinton thing got way too blown out of proportion; his personal life shouldnt matter, and it didn't untill he got scared and lied about it. Clinton was actually a really good president.
    Bush has done some WAY worse things than Clinton ever did.....and if they were getting on Clinton's ass for liying about something which didnt even pretain to the job he was doing, why aren't they on Bush for lying about the "WMD"s which threw us into a war? i think that is WAY more important than some guy getting a bj imo, but whatever. Bush doesnt deserve to be president.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

No, but the old fart would probably get so excited that he's president that his heart would crap out :lol:

In reality, Cheney wouldn't be much better, but the point is, justice needs to be served. Even if its removing one crappy president and placing in another crappy president.

Today After Tomorrow

Cheney is considered to be the most powerful vice president in history. We all know George Bush is a Republican-puppet. He doesn't know what he's doing. If Cheney tells him to do something Bush will do it. So basically Cheney already is president in my mind. So I guess impeaching Bush wouldn't result in much of a change but like Todd said, justice needs to be served.

"You know, I could run for governor but I'm basically a media creation. I've never done anything."
    -- George W. Bush

Yeah, you're probably right, George.