Do you believe in life after death

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by El Muerto, Aug 11, 2005.

?

No question avaiable to import.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

If heaven is exists in a metaphysical realm, to house our metaphysical souls, how do expect physical humans to "discover" it by physical means? [/b][/quote]
    I've got a better quiestion, why do you challenge every opinion I have about anything philosiphical?

@Minus Xero: lmfao! :lol:

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I've got a better quiestion, why do you challenge every opinion I have about anything philosiphical?

@Minus Xero: lmfao! :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Because what you "believe" is absolutely ridden with contradictions.

Now please, answer the question.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

I guess that could be a possibility if the birth and death rates were the same...if I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly. I'm not quite sure, but I think the global birth rate out does the global death rate. [/b][/quote]
    but there are some days that there are more dead people then the birth rates and that will draw both rates level....hmm....maybe....

Link04

Link04 Ambient

but there are some days that there are more dead people then the birth rates and that will draw both rates level....hmm....maybe.... [/b][/quote]
    Right, but what I mean by a "rate" is over an extended period of time. Like, the rates are a net gain or net loss over say...a year's time. So if the birth rate is even +.01, there are still more babies being born in a year then people dying, and I was under the impression that the birth rate already exceeded that on average.

Luke

Because what you "believe" is absolutely ridden with contradictions.

Now please, answer the question. [/b][/quote]
    Here's some advice, learn what the word contradiction means before you throw it at someone like 50 times. I was joking about the heaven clouds and even if my beliefs are contradications (as you say) so fucking what, they're my beliefs and not yours to challenge because you have no right to tell me what to believe because thats some straight up dictative shit.

Good day to you sir.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

A contradiction, roughly, is a scenario where two directly conflicting thoughts or ideas are held as one believe.

And your beliefs are mine to challenge. When you post your beliefs in this forum, you make it clear that they're up for challenging, which I'm doing. If you think you're as right as you do, why not try proving me wrong? I don't believe you're able.

Luke

A contradiction, roughly, is a scenario where two directly conflicting thoughts or ideas are held as one believe.

And your beliefs are mine to challenge. When you post your beliefs in this forum, you make it clear that they're up for challenging, which I'm doing. If you think you're as right as you do, why not try proving me wrong? I don't believe you're able. [/b][/quote]
    No my beliefs aren't yours to challenge, its your right to comment on them but you can't tell me my beliefs are wrong. So next time don't start getting all technical with me and trying to spot flaws in my posts because to be honest I think thats quite sad that your spending a vast amount of time trying to prove everything I say wrong.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

No my beliefs aren't yours to challenge, its your right to comment on them but you can't tell me my beliefs are wrong. So next time don't start getting all technical with me and trying to spot flaws in my posts because to be honest I think thats quite sad that your spending a vast amount of time trying to prove everything I say wrong. [/b][/quote]
    The last time I checked, this forum was for serious topics and debate. Maybe if you're sensitive to being proved wrong or questioned, you shouldn't post it here? By posting your beliefs here, yes, they are subject to criticism. I have not attacked you personally, I have kept it pretty respectful, I have merely pointed out the flaws in your argument, to generate discussion, and even for you to review your own beliefs and maybe start criticising them yourself. This is one of the ways humans learn collectively. By presenting ideas and theories, and seeing which ones make sense, which don't, and proving right or wrong certain ideas.

You've presented your ideas. I haven't been technical at all, the contradictions in what you've presented are pretty blatant. If you disagree, again, prove otherwise. If not, you're pretty much making a public statement that your beliefs don't make sense.

I don't find it sad at all that I attempt to use reason and logic to find truth. Do you?

Luke

The last time I checked, this forum was for serious topics and debate. Maybe if you're sensitive to being proved wrong or questioned, you shouldn't post it here? By posting your beliefs here, yes, they are subject to criticism. I have not attacked you personally, I have kept it pretty respectful, I have merely pointed out the flaws in your argument, to generate discussion, and even for you to review your own beliefs and maybe start criticising them yourself. This is one of the ways humans learn collectively. By presenting ideas and theories, and seeing which ones make sense, which don't, and proving right or wrong certain ideas.

You've presented your ideas. I haven't been technical at all, the contradictions in what you've presented are pretty blatant. If you disagree, again, prove otherwise. If not, you're pretty much making a public statement that your beliefs don't make sense.

I don't find it sad at all that I attempt to use reason and logic to find truth. Do you? [/b][/quote]
    I see where you're coming from but for a change could you perhaps challenge someone else opinion :lol:

I'm not holding anything personal against you but it just seems to me that whatever I post here you immeadiatly challenge.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Well, mostly, what you've posted is completely against what I know to be true.

I've argued with Ant in the past, but he seemed to have stop arguing with me after he laughed at me a lot but still didn't prove me otherwise wrong.

And most other times I'll speak my mind, unless I deem someone beyond reaching. I'm sorry you felt that I was singling you out, I guess it's just been coincidence lately. Just look at it this way, probably half of LPA believes what you do, but you're one of the only ones willing to debate with me about it.

Luke

I'll debate but theres a certain point where you can't take any more challenges :lol:

Give me a while and I'l be back to debate,I swear ;)

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

I think we become ghosts and no-one botheres us unless we want them too.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

There's no life after death. That's why you died.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

I think that its funny that a higher percentage of people believe in life after death than a God or the idea of God....

Minus

More religions have life after death than do a single God.

Buddhism, for example, exemplifies reincarnation but doesn't have a diety, persay.

It has a teacher, Buddha, but he isn't considered a God. He was elevated to that level by his followers.

Holiday

More religions have life after death than do a single God.

Buddhism, for example, exemplifies reincarnation but doesn't have a diety, persay.

It has a teacher, Buddha, but he isn't considered a God. He was elevated to that level by his followers. [/b][/quote]
    oh, believe me. I understand that. I was thinking of that while i was writing that post, actually. I was thinking that the "idea of a God" thing covered it. Buddha is looked up to and as you said, his followers elevated him to the level of diety. Also, they are an organized religion, and most....if not all believe in some sort of life after death.

Minus

They elevated him to that level, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is, as he lacks the general characteristics of a god.

That is, omniscience, the power to enforce the rules of said religion, etc.

Buddha is a person who is looked up to as a god, but doesn't necessarily mean that he is. In reality he is only a person who created a way of life. He is not creator of all living things, just someone who tried to make sense of it all.

Holiday

They elevated him to that level, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is, as he lacks the general characteristics of a god.

That is, omniscience, the power to enforce the rules of said religion, etc.

Buddha is a person who is looked up to as a god, but doesn't necessarily mean that he is. In reality he is only a person who created a way of life. He is not creator of all living things, just someone who tried to make sense of it all. [/b][/quote]
    He is being followed by millions. He is the name-sake of a religion. He is either a god or a demigod, but he is a diety in a way. Also, Buddha had his own beliefs in life after death that millions of people adopted.

...and look at Greek gods-all of them were not creators of things, they mearly looked after things.

Minus

Greek Gods had powers. They oversaw life and it's intricate paths and influenced them.

Buddha did not have any powers. He does not have any powers. He just started a way of life.

Marxism is a way of life, and is also named after somebody. He is followed by many, does that make him a God?