Do you Believe in God?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by esaul17, Feb 24, 2007.

?

Do you Believe in God?

1. Yes, as part of a established religion

31 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. Yes, but I don't adhere to any established dogma

14 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. No, I believe God does not exist (or is highly unlikely to exist)

26 vote(s)
    29.9%
  4. I believe it is just as likely for God to exist and not exist, so I'm agnostic

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
    Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

The jury is still out.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Same....until they start trying to force their beliefs down my throat and tell me I'm going to hell because I don't accept their beliefs. A certain large, organized religion is guilty of this, however, they will remain nameless ;)

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Well I would've said that, but I don't have many posts, so I thought I might have gotten a warning or something :lol:

Todd

Thats why I didn't mention any specific religion, but even someone as dumb as a rock, such as our president, could figure it out :lol:

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

I wouldn't go quite that far....:lol:

Janie Jones

Janie Jones Meghna is a Headcase

I kinda agree with what Amanda said. It's like I do believe in God, but not most religious scriptures, and practices, and priests. I don't believe in unbelievable things written in holy books, and don't follow traditions for the sake of it, but I do believe that God exists, and no one can, or even has the right to claim s/he can describe him. I don't believe too much in orthodox beliefs, especially since some very old traditions in my religion (Hinduism) are degrading towards women. But I think God exists, and the only way to reach him, or be true to him or whatever is to be kind to everyone. I think that's the most important thing in life and everyone should do it regardless of beliefs. In that respect, Abu Ben Adam is probably the poem I respect the most.
    And I believe the most sacrilegious and blasphemous people are those who'd kill other people for not accepting their beliefs, or who'd treat another person as inferior because some book told him too. Those kind of people are disgutsting and deserve to be shot. The only sinners are those who'd hate another for no good reason, and harm him/her.
    Well, there's my 2 cents anyway.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I most certainly do not believe in any sort God for my own reasons, which i won't go into. However, i have no problem whatsoever with anyone who does believe in a God/many Gods. Everyone has to believe in something i suspose, so it's nothing for me to critisize

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I have totally the same idea about God.

If he'd exist, well, I guess people would've know or been able to proof it in some way.
    As far as believing goes, I think everyone should choose what they want to believe as long as they don't bother other people with it.

I like to believe in chance. You know, everything's related to each other and effects each other... seems more logical to me.

(Anya, cool sig and avatar btw. ;))

Janie Jones

You know what? If only the world behaved like the people in this thread. I mean, we have orthodox/ devout followers of religions here, we have atheists, and all kinds of people in between. Yet there isn't a single flame, and everyone is respecting everyone else's view. On the other hand, the real world...*sigh*

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well imo religion has always been a great exuse for creating a haos in the world. Wars are not really waged because of the religion but for profit, people are not killed because of the religion but for profit. You know what I mean?
    That's the main reason many people have bad opinion about religion nowadays.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
    Beca

Beca Plug in baby.

Nope, i don't. But like Mr. Puffy said, i don't mind other people believing in God.

P.D.

P.D. Well-Known Member

I don't believe in God. Does anybody have any evidence to proove that God has exist?

El Muerto

And do you have any evidence to prove that God doesn't exist? :rolleyes:
    If there were evidence it wouldn't be called faith ;)

Janie Jones

It's a belief, and more important than the belief is to repect other people's beliefs. ;)

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

'Yes, but the verdict is in." [/Lame Horatio Caine punchline]

Anybody who watches CSI: Miami knows what I'm talking about.

Sorry for the off-topic post. I couldn't resist. :lol:

Move along.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
    Todd

The thing is, most people don't believe in something until there's proof that it does exist. I don't believe that the boogeyman or tooth fairy exist, but if there was substantial proof that they do exist and I witnessed them, I'd change my mind. But there's no proof that the boogeyman or tooth fairy exist, and there's no proof that god exists.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

that's stupid. god doesn't have to be a real person, if you only limit it to being a real person, then you're going to get mostly no's.

who even cares. let people have there personal beliefs, stop critizcing the christians, and stop critizcing the atheists. just let everyone be.

Janie Jones

I kinda agree...because there might be people who DO believe in God, but not as a concious deity...so you kinda have to either make a new category for that or allow people to check the second one, because there are people who believe in god, but not as a person..

Todd

I know that if I had 2 warnings, I sure as hell wouldn't be calling someone else's beliefs "stupid" :rolleyes:

El Muerto

I understand what you're saying, but apparently you don't quite understand how religion works. If you had the substantial evidence you wouldn't have to believe that God exists you would know. And religion is mostly about believing.