Do you Believe in God?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by esaul17, Feb 24, 2007.

?

Do you Believe in God?

1. Yes, as part of a established religion

31 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. Yes, but I don't adhere to any established dogma

14 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. No, I believe God does not exist (or is highly unlikely to exist)

26 vote(s)
    29.9%
  4. I believe it is just as likely for God to exist and not exist, so I'm agnostic

16 vote(s)
    18.4%
    esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I know I made this poll before, but that was about a year and a half ago. I wanted to see if anything changed since then.

Edit: We managed to keep things in a civilized debate for the majority of the discussion last time. Lets be sure not to get this closed, okay?

And I am really interested in the results here, so I encourage everyone to VOTE!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
    Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I've never felt him/her....why should I believe in something that can't really influence my life unless I believe in it as blindly as others do?...

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I don't believe in a god in a religious context.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

No, I don't.

I just don't believe that I shouldn't praise someone I have no proof of knowing they're real or not. I don't believe in heaven or hell either, it just seems a bit far-fetched to me really lol.

I think there's more beyond life, than just a person who may or may not have created us.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

A note to all posters: please be sure your responses are respectful. Threads like this seem always to go to hell (pun intended).

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm Ortodox Christian, so yeah, I do believe in God.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I believe (and I know a few people in my life think this way too) that here on earth is "heaven" or "hell", depending on how you live your life. I do not believe these so called places exist once you die, but rather they exist now right in front of you at this very moment. The good choices that you make in life represent heaven and the bad choices represent hell. Once you die, that's the end of your own personal heaven or hell and nothing happens after that. I would love to know if there is an after life and a God so I could be proved wrong, but obviously that's kind of hard to find out.

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Do i beleive in the god that's always refered to as god? No. Do i believe in other gods? Yes. So i'm not exactly sure what to put there. It depends if the question is 'Do you beleive in the Christian god?' or 'Do you believe in the idea of god/gods as a whole' i guess.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'd say I'm agnostic. Nothing has ever happened to me that's ever made my judgement shift in either direction, and I'm not a religious guy, so I'm about as undecided as you can get. I used to claim I was an atheist because I think organized religion is a load of bull, but as for my personal belief in a higher being of any kind, there really isn't any way to prove it or disprove it, so I guess I'll find out when I die or experience some sort of divine intervention.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I'm Orthodox Christian too, so I too believe in God.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Nope.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

This isn't the Christian God, just God/gods in general. But nothing like "God is love" counts, it has to be a mystical, conscious deity.

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Ahh, cheers. In that case, yes i do.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Not really.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

It's complicated but yes, I do believe. I was raised Roman Catholic but since I hit my teens I have veered away from the church. Not as a sign of rebellion or anything of that sort. I have seen the church do some very corrupt things. They wouldn't accept my father because my mother didn't have and anullment of her previous marriage, yet if we had donated a large sum of money, they would have taken him. They tried to set their propaganda on our congregation and made a speech during a mass about how the "gays" were going to hell.

I believe in God, and I think that he would be ashamed if he saw the way people act in "His house".

I do believe in Jesus, but not the way most believe in him. I do think he and Mary Magdalen were together. No, I do not believe in a bloodline. Yes, I believe he was born of Mary the virgin and was the son of God and yes I believe he rose from the dead.

I do not believe in Genesis. I believe in the Theory of Evolution. I don't think Moses ever parted the Red Sea but I do believe that there was a rebellion and that Moses was the leader. The Bible... mostly no. You can't write something decades, in some cases centuries after it happened and expect me to believe it. Hell, I can't tell a story about something that happened in school and have it come back to me correctly in a day let along in a decade!

I have a very strange outlook on religion. It's sort of my own.

I do pray, not often but I do. But I don't go to church. Organized religion annoys me. If I have to talk to God, I want to do it by myself, not with a buch of people standing in a room with me.

That's my rant.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
    Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

in my opinon, god is in all of us. he's hope. that's my belief.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Interesting view :)

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Refer to my previous reply: But nothing like "God is love" counts, it has to be a mystical, conscious deity.

Not saying you're WRONG about God, just saying, for the purpose of this poll, you'd be in the 3rd category.

androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

I beleive there is a god, I am being raised a Catholic, so I guess thats all I have ever known. But I think even without my being a Catholic I would still beleive, because I see good things happening all the time to other people around me. Like if someone somehow survives a serious illness and the doctors have proclaimed that person will die in say 3 weeks, but they go on to live a full life, that, to me, has to be by the will of something. Because that definately dosnt happen to everyone.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Nope. But I don't have a problem with people that do :)