Do you believe in god?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by esaul17, Aug 14, 2005.

?

Do you believe in god?

1. Yes, one of an established religion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but just the idea of a God

33.3%
  3. No

66.7%
  1. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

ROTFLOL.

Smallpox wasn't created in a lab! Who in the world told you that? I don't think that the Spanish conquistadors were smart enough to create anything other than a boat, let alone a disease that wiped out the Aztecs.

Scientists harbor small amounts of smallpox in case there's ever another outbreak of it. They need it to be able to create vaccinations.

As for HIV, those are created to attempt to cure AIDS, not give it to people on purpose.

You're focusing too much on the negative things we've done. We've done far more positive things with our intelligence than you're giving us credit for.

2. Link04

Link04 Ambient

^ Thank you, Sir.

Martial arts still involves violence. How is that any better? I understand the whole "self defense" plea, but the fact is if we all used our brains and REASONED things out (there's that word again), you wouldn't have to raise a fist, or the barrel of a gun. People can be very unreasonable, but I don't think "non-reason" is natural to a human being, who, up until this time, has survived on its mindpower.

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

ROTFLOL.

Smallpox wasn't created in a lab! Who in the world told you that? I don't think that the Spanish conquistadors were smart enough to create anything other than a boat, let alone a disease that wiped out the Aztecs.

Scientists harbor small amounts of smallpox in case there's ever another outbreak of it. They need it to be able to create vaccinations.

As for HIV, those are created to attempt to cure AIDS, not give it to people on purpose.

You're focusing too much on the negative things we've done. We've done far more positive things with our intelligence than you're giving us credit for. [/b][/quote]
    Welcome to Hellflame's world Will. That's all I gotta say.

4. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

ROTFLOL.

You're focusing too much on the negative things we've done. We've done far more positive things with our intelligence than you're giving us credit for. [/b][/quote]
    I din't mean to say smallpox,in fact I don't even know why I said that :lol:

Seriously I'm not that dumb,sorry for seeming like my IQ is less than -1000 :innocent:

Anyway back on topic.

My point was that humans have to create weapons to harm,that makes us weak if we cannot fight our battles with our fists.We are just like animals,its in our nature to fight and I don't have a problem with that but we don't use our fists in war do we? Because humans are weak.If weapons were never invented then such shit as the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombings would never have happened.Go and talk to someone who still suffers from the effects of those bombings and ask their opinions on weapons because I garuntee you they wont say "Yes weapons are a good thing".

Derek I don't mean to sound like a stiff but come on man,we're having a discussion and there was no reason to patronize me even though I made a total idiot out of myself.And maybe just a tiny bit more respect considering I offered you an offer to greatly benefit this site and everyone in it,please don't patronize me like that again. :)

5. Derek

Well sometimes, not to sound like a prick, but you come up with the craziest theories or claim things without actually looking for evidence to support that thought. To think that a disease as deadly as small pox was created in a lab is foolish as it wiped out the Aztecs who predated 'science labs' by thousands of years.

Furthermore, if you want me to be honest your offer was absolutely terrible. By only offering 10% of every sale you were technically taking advantage of LPA so no, your offer wouldn't have greatly benefitted the site no matter what way you look at it. We're not going to break our no ads policy for something that could've made us as little as five dollars.

Christ, that wouldn't even cover our hosting! So yeah, not to be rude, but the offer was abyssmal compared to other offers we've received to put ads/partnerships on this site.

But back on topic, this isn't about hellflame..its about god.

6. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Weapons have also existed since rational thought. They were used to hunt animals. Did you expect Neanderthal men to bring down a bison using rocks? That's unlikely, unless it's a huge fucking rock.

Weapons have been a basis for existance for hundreds of thousands of years. To claim that they're a product of stupidity is close-minded. They've done good things, too. Just because some are used to kill people doesn't mean that it was done for "evil" purposes like you're trying to say.

7. Link04

Link04 Ambient

I don't think so, I don't think so at all. And I'd most readily call anyone who presses the big shiny red nuke button as barbaric and illogical as anyone who raises a club or a fist to beat someone down.

We are not just like animals, obviously, we have separated ourselves from nature in the sense that we don't NEED to kill each other to survive. Instead, we've used our brains to communicate, understand, reason, trade, and agree. Hooray for mutual benefit!

I fail to see any sort of sensible argument on your part. Yeah...weapons are bad....guess what? Your FISTS ARE WEAPONS! It doesn't make you any stronger if you punch or nuke anyone, you're weak minded if you take either road! Clearly, as a human being, belonging to a race that has survived by their mindpower, if you were ABLE to convince someone by your argument, you WOULD, instead of trying to beat it into him. At the end of the day, any sort of violent action is illogical.

We get into an argument. I say that the world is round, you say that the world is flat. We disagree, alright, that's fine. I display all this proof and refute your points to attempt to prove that the world is round, but instead, you beat me with a baseball bat until I say that the world is flat. Who knows, maybe you even kill me.

Now, does that make the world flat? Of course it doesn't. Violence really DOESN'T solve anything, it's an irrational act by people who refuse to reason.

EDIT: I'm talking about human to human violence here.

8. Luke

Well I'm sure atleast some of the members will be upset that they couldn't get 10% off official Linkin Park goods aswell as goods from other artists.I appreciate your honesty Derek but to be honest 10% is quite fair (Coming from my Mum who is the UK's top Affiliate consultant,no joke,not a lie,for real) considering that all you'd need to do is put a reasonable sized EBTM.com banner somewhere on the site,not even that,you could just put a link saying 'Get Linkin Park Goods Here' or somthing.But I respect your choice and I'll think nothing of it.

Anyway back on topic.

I already said that I didn't know what the hell I was saying when I said smallpox...I really aint got a clue why I said that.:lol:

We're obviously not seeing each others points here so I'm not gonna reply to that.

That's a good argument and I see what you're saying but your argument is basicly comparing weapons from thousands of years ago to modern day weapons.Sure back then a sharpened rock on a stick could kill an animal or two but it you'd have to have about 6-10 people throwing spears after spears to bring down a Mammoth.In modern day an elephant of nearly equal size (considering the fact that mammoths were bigger than elephants) could be killed with just one shot from a gun.That shows that weapons have progressivly gotten deadlier over the centuries.I don't think the person who invented the gun meant well by it,it was invented for killing.

Wether it was meant to kill humans or animals is another debate because unless we somehow retrieve the memory of the person who invented the gun we will never know wether it was for humans or animals but either way it was designed for killing.

If the human race was strong we could kill with our hands however if you go into a pride of Lions without a weapon the chances are your gonna die or get seriously hurt.

You can't compare the differences between fighting with your fists and fighting with a gun because theres a world of difference,atleast when your fighting with your fists your putting effort in,anyone can pull a trigger.

9. Link04

Link04 Ambient

Close, I'm seeing the blatant flaws in your argument, and you're not adressing them.

We can kill each other with our hands.

And violence is violence. The tools used are different, that is all. The flawed logic stays the same. I'll say it again, you're still pursuing violence when you're punching someone. It makes you just as weak minded, because you still resorted to violence.

10. Derek

Well I'm sure atleast some of the members will be upset that they couldn't get 10% off official Linkin Park goods aswell as goods from other artists.I appreciate your honesty Derek but to be honest 10% is quite fair (Coming from my Mum who is the UK's top Affiliate consultant,no joke,not a lie,for real) considering that all you'd need to do is put a reasonable sized EBTM.com banner somewhere on the site,not even that,you could just put a link saying 'Get Linkin Park Goods Here' or somthing.But I respect your choice and I'll think nothing of it.

Anyway back on topic.

I already said that I didn't know what the hell I was saying when I said smallpox...I really aint got a clue why I said that.:lol:

We're obviously not seeing each others points here so I'm not gonna reply to that.

That's a good argument and I see what you're saying but your argument is basicly comparing weapons from thousands of years ago to modern day weapons.Sure back then a sharpened rock on a stick could kill an animal or two but it you'd have to have about 6-10 people throwing spears after spears to bring down a Mammoth.In modern day an elephant of nearly equal size (considering the fact that mammoths were bigger than elephants) could be killed with just one shot from a gun.That shows that weapons have progressivly gotten deadlier over the centuries.I don't think the person who invented the gun meant well by it,it was invented for killing.

Wether it was meant to kill humans or animals is another debate because unless we somehow retrieve the memory of the person who invented the gun we will never know wether it was for humans or animals but either way it was designed for killing.

If the human race was strong we could kill with our hands however if you go into a pride of Lions without a weapon the chances are your gonna die or get seriously hurt.

You can't compare the differences between fighting with your fists and fighting with a gun because theres a world of difference,atleast when your fighting with your fists your putting effort in,anyone can pull a trigger. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, but they can join LPU and get 15% off, and meet the band at the same time. So yeah, I don't think they're going to tear up if they dont have your mother's 10% off deal.

The majority of the people on here said that they do not have a credit card, and that their mom's and dad's do NOT support online purchases. Think about it dude. They wont change just for EBTM.

Aside from that, I'm done.

11. User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

No offense, Hellflame, but Derek could probably make more money working in a sweatshop than with your 'deal'.

12. Luke

]
    They have to pay for it though.And it aint costing LPA anything,even if its a small amount to you you're still getting free money :lol:

To be honest I don't mind either way,it was just a thought.

Anyway this aint about deals etc. so back on topic.

Link04,it would be a fucking mission to kill someone with your fists compared to killing with a gun.Violence is human nature,my point was that human race cannot act out their human nature of violence in war because we are weak as a race and therefor we go to crazy lengths to create weapons to kill each other.

13. Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

I'm surprised at how many people believe in God on here!

14. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

damn right he can.....its only 10%!!!!!!!

anyways to the topic.....

fact is most Humans are weak minded and choose the path to violence either because they were led to believe that violence is a solution or they are just not smart enough to use their brains....but i have a question of my own, why violence? killing people is senseless when you can solve it in a peaceful non killing way.....

15. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Its quite easy to kill someone with your fist. Hit him right on his throat. That way he cant breath and while he's trying to you can just knock the hell out of him.

yeah, i was offtopic B)

16. Luke

damn right he can.....its only 10%!!!!!!! [/b][/quote]
    Its still free money :lol:

Anyways lets stop talking about my 'abysmal offer' because apparently atleast 45% or something in that region is needed,it was only a thought and I only had good intentions for LPA and all its members, obviously no one likes the offer so lets forget about it like it never existed.

You need to pack a pretty powerful punch for that and you have to hit exactly were the respiration tube is.I said compared to a gun its hard anyway,which it is.

Agreed 100% and I'm being a total hypocrite when I say this because I used to go to NLWC (North London Wrestling Club) and I've had plenty of fights,but as I've said before its human nature to fight.Its not human nature to pull a trigger unless its self defense.

17. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

its easy :lol: if you hit the Adam's appel hard enough it will really hurt :p Trust me. My friend did it once but then with less force and that pretty hurt, so imagine with full strength ;)

18. Link04

Link04 Ambient

Compared? Who's comparing? THey're both means of violence, no matter how much easier one is than the other, it doesn't make it any more or less violent, and it doesn't make the perpetrator any more or less noble. The act of violence alone shatters that (any sort of nobility or shown ability to reason).

Human to human violence is NOT HUMAN NATURE. I've already adressed this, and, again, you haven't rebutted. Things like trade and mutual benefit have proved you utterly WRONG. A being only makes a transaction when it's done by their will, and they have proven through their culture that it is NOT NECESSARY TO KILL each other so that they may survive.

19. Luke

Compared? Who's comparing? THey're both means of violence, no matter how much easier one is than the other, it doesn't make it any more or less violent, and it doesn't make the perpetrator any more or less noble. The act of violence alone shatters that (any sort of nobility or shown ability to reason).

Human to human violence is NOT HUMAN NATURE. I've already adressed this, and, again, you haven't rebutted. Things like trade and mutual benefit have proved you utterly WRONG. A being only makes a transaction when it's done by their will, and they have proven through their culture that it is NOT NECESSARY TO KILL each other so that they may survive. [/b][/quote]
    First of all I'M comparing.

Secondly every speecies of creature (excluding plants) on this planet will fight because its in the nature of every creature to fight,wether its an ant fighting another ant or a Lion fighting another Lion its in their nature to do so as is it in our nature,the majoirty of humans don't invoke this nature because its illegal.Humans might not like to consider themselves animals but we are wether we like it or not,we have just evolved so that we can think rationaly and make desisive moves in our lives,we are still creatures on this earth though or are you gonna tell me different?

20. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

First of all I'M comparing.

Secondly every speecies of creature (excluding plants) on this planet will fight because its in the nature of every creature to fight,wether its an ant fighting another ant or a Lion fighting another Lion its in their nature to do so as is it in our nature,the majoirty of humans don't invoke this nature because its illegal.Humans might not like to consider themselves animals but we are wether we like it or not,we have just evolved so that we can think rationaly and make desisive moves in our lives,we are still creatures on this earth though or are you gonna tell me different? [/b][/quote]
    Some plants can strangle others with their roots.