Do you believe in God/are you religious?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Dean, Mar 10, 2011.

AnTeC

AnTeC Well-Known Member

I don't wanna get all preachy here to u guys cuz I know that's not what most of u want, and I'm not trying to force any of this on u guys.

The clean and unclean animals were mainly meant as being sacrifices for their sins, but after Jesus died on the cross, we no longer have to make sacrifices, even though the catholic church still does this and I disagree with it Because again, He died for all our sins, making it unneccesary for us to offer "clean" animal sacrifices.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Wait, so Christians killed animals for their sins...meaning like for breaking the Ten Commandments or something? I don't want to misinterpret or anything, but this is making no sense.
    ...Damn, I'm getting sucked in lol.

AnTeC

AnTeC Well-Known Member

Any sins, think of what u did today, I'm sure there's a few in there, lol

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

When I write the new Bible, leaving the seat up will not be a sin like it is today. Going to hell for that just doesn't seem right.

AnTeC

AnTeC Well-Known Member

Leaving the seat up?

Who says ur going to hell for sinning?
    If that were true then everyone would be going to hell.

travz21

What if everyone actually is? What if only people who believe in God go to hell, while other non-religious folk just die and rot happily ever after?

AnTeC

AnTeC Well-Known Member

i guess i could tell u to read John 3;16, but you'll probably say how can i believe that. So thats where the faith comes in my friend.
    Ive been going to a Christian school all my life now(I'm 16), and ive been brought up in an environment where i go to church every Sunday, and i go to the chapel in my school every Thursday. I used to , not want to go to church at all, i figured it was boring and pointless. But then i got a little bit older and actually started listening to what was being said and all the facts that pointed to Christianity and away from all the others religions or not believing in God at all were overwhelming. If you guys have more questions you can look up Christian apologetics, its pretty hard to deny whats being said there, but for now im out because i dont wanna sound anymore preachy then i am already, and i especially dont wanna come across as saying "My religion is better than yours".
    I'll leave you guys with this, and this is pointed mainly to the members who dont believe in a god or atheist.
    The Mona Lisa, one of the greatest paintings ever created had a creator right? it didnt just come into exsistence correct?
    Or the computer your using right now, it had a creator right? it dint just come into existence correct?
    So then how can the universe and everything in it( The earth, human beings etc..), which is exponentially more complex than the mona lisa or your computer, not have a Creator.
    I'll catch u guys later, oh and look into that apologetics stuff its pretty amazing.
    later.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Woke up, went to work, went home, went out to dinner with my parents, came home and watched a baseball game, then went to bed. Nope, no sins there. In fact, I've never sinned. Never hurt anybody, never lied, never stolen. I'm not a sinner.

Sucre06

Sucre06 The Bartender

Yeah, I believe in God, I'm orthodox "

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I bet you have broken at least one of the Ten Commandments Todd, because everyone has disrespected their parents at least once in their lives. That makes you a sinner.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Define disrespect. I don't agree with them all the time but I have never done anything that I would consider disrespectful.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

All I want to say is that if you're a woman and are Christian, then you're not allowed to teach men.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

This.

Every man has lusted. Every man.

A chick spoke at our campus service, I know this is not sunday service but women speak all the time.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

2:11 Let a woman learn in silence with full submission. 2:12 I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she is to keep silent.

1 Timothy 2:12

Your move.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Oh come on, you've got to be kidding me? I only need to kill somebody to collect all 10 :lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

lol, todd isn't a sinner. okay, guy.

travz21

Man, I wish I was religious so I could worry about doing things that aren't that bad to begin with. I wish I could read a really ancient book and take it for face value, too. A book that actually isn't that ancient because it keeps changing when science checkmates parts of it. But it keeps all the old, unbelievable stuff intact. That would be a cool world to live in.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Might I invite you the wonderful world of the Bible Belt? CHURCHES AND BANKS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Is that your best argument? It seems to be for a lot of religious people.

So...if God created us, then who created God? And who created the being that created God?

20. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The answer to that is that God just existed forever, I guess. But I don't see why that makes any more sense than saying the universe just exists without being created.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011