Discuss "Robot Boy" Here!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Elaine, Apr 29, 2012.

ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

I love the song, especially the instrumental! Would really love a good piano cover of it.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I had never thought of the song in that way, I really like this interpretation.

David Vereker

David Vereker Banned

Too bad that with Living Thins LP seemed to have gone back to being emo kids who complain ''Victimized'' ''Powerless'' ''Lies Greed Misery''. I thought they finally cheered up

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

This interpretation of the song makes it sounds so condescending it's kinda annoying :huh:

I mean...Angsty kids can be annoying, but so are people who think they can give moral lessons to anybody because they're so-called "mature". To me, a person who describes herself as a mature person is the opposite. I mean, where is humbleness? Where's humility?

I pretty much prefer persons who are like "I'm a jackass, probably". Socrate said "First step to wisdom, is when you know you know nothing". He couldn't have been more right imo.

Anyway, about Robot Boy, I agree with the fact it's super repetitive. It's pretty much the same melody line over and over again, during the whole song.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

3556xc.jpg

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Haha Sonic that's ridiculous :lol:

soun'wave

soun'wave can't shake the shock

I didn't dislike Robot Boy when i first heard it, I just had no love for it, the song just didn't do anything for me, but it differently grew on me. It used to be the only song I skipped on ATS, but once oyu get into Robot Boy you uncover a lot of the layers of it, I think the drum programming on it is great, and the lack of chorus, but with the same repeating melody is a nice touch too. ITs still only a song I'd play in the context of the albu mthough, I wouldn't just decide to play it on its own