Depression

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Andrea, Jan 19, 2004.

1. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I wonder if there's sarcasm in that. Depression isn't a joke. [/b][/quote]
    It really isnt and Im sick of animal's attitude towards it.

2. withnoapologies

withnoapologies Well-Known Member

you know Will, that could have been insulting to those whom are suicidal. they obviously are suffering and you are putting down their point of view..... another reason to commit suicide. next time you say that, i think you should be more subtle or something.

and for me.... I'm always depressed, especially these past few weeks. I was sexually abused when i was younger, my family is screwd up..... what would you say if you had two [known] alcoholics in your family?.... one sober, one constantly drunk. school is terrible, I have like two friends there, im not the most attractive, which leads to critisism. i talk about music there a lot, and thats "annoying." everything before last year i pretended to be someone else, so that i would be accepted.... i realized i wasnt happy like that, so i decided to act like myself, and because of the derastic change, my "real" self is really the poser trying to get attention.

actually, once at school, i accidentally dropped an open bottle of glue, and this popular guy told the supply teacher that i was just trying to get attention. its terrible. at least once a day i go through my funeral, who would be there, who would cry.... what not (funeral, as if i committed suicide the next day) and i dont think thats a good sign.

well, im rushed so enough of this.

3. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

My post was actually directed toward Andrea's post, which was right before mine. :)

4. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

My post was actually directed toward Andrea's post, which was right before mine. :) [/b][/quote]
    ...and I wasn't "insulted". :whistle:

Will's post and a lot of other posts here have really opened my eyes about this subject.

5. animal

animal Banned

It really isnt and Im sick of animal's attitude towards it. [/b][/quote]
    why you being so mean? :(

i just think you guys are cool and i wanna be friends :unsure:

6. Will

Well, you're failing right now.

We're being mean because you treated this situation like it was funny, and it's NOT funny.

7. LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

...and I wasn't "insulted". :whistle:

Will's post and a lot of other posts here have really opened my eyes about this subject. [/b][/quote]
    Will's post made me want to kill myself. *Dies* But seriously, people could take Will's post wrong. Someone who was contemplating death may have read that and felt even lower and actually killed themselves in result of reading that. :\

8. Will

I don't see how. Can you explain it to me? lol.

9. LornVourkolakas

I don't see how. Can you explain it to me? lol. [/b][/quote]
    *Kills your lol* Mwuahahha.

Well, what you got to understand is that some suicidal people tend to be sensitive. They'll take your words as a way of you dissing them or something. I know you didn't. But, from experience, suicidal people tend to read too into what people say/write.

10. Will

That's kind of weird seeing as how I said that everything would eventually get better no matter what. :lol:

11. LornVourkolakas

That's kind of weird seeing as how I said that everything would eventually get better no matter what. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Will.. depressed people are weird at times. ;) Trust me, I know. ;)

12. Will

I guess I'll take your word for it.

I apologize to anyone whom I may have offended.

13. Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

so if you're enjoying depression, you're not depressed?

14. The Doctor

If youre enjoying depression you dont have it. :lol:

15. Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

can you be addicted to depression?

16. The Doctor

I really dont think so.....unless youre a massochist or something

17. animal

animal Banned

I guess I'll take your word for it.

I apologize to anyone whom I may have offended.
    [/b][/quote]
    you didn't offend me! :)

18. Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

whats a massochist?

19. The Doctor

whats a massochist? [/b][/quote]
    a person who likes inflicting pain to themselves, whether physical or mental

20. erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I don't like using terms like being depressed, because it's way too common. Depression is serious and I feel like you shouldn't say it just because you feel down for a little while.

I've been the way I am for a year and a half. It started off with me being put into the hospital with an overspill. Yes, I know, some of you may be grossed - but you probably don't understand that it's not controlable a lot of the time. It just happens. Turned out, I had the worst case my doctor had ever seen. It took a lot out of me and still affects me a year and a half later. I can't hang out with my friends or go to school a lot of times due to this. It's extremely uncomfortable and it triggers depression.

After I got out of the hospital, I knew people found out and I was very ashamed of the whole thing. I started to get a lot more emotional and just got sick of being pushed around by everybody because of it. I'm very shy and I've never really had a relationship with a girl since elementary school. My parents and I weren't getting alone and it wouldn't help that every bully at school reminded me exactly of what my father had done to me. Awhile afterwards, I thought I had an herna. I kept it in for a long time and let it bother me. Eventually, I told my parents and it turned out that it was just part of my problem with my bowels. It wasn't a real herna, just the discomfort from my bowels.

By this time, I tried to go after girls. I hadn't been very social or anything for years before. I never cared. I was always sheltered and now that I had tried to do stuff I should have known to do, I ####ed it up. I didn't know how to approach a girl - any girl that had an interest in me quickly changed her mind after I talked to her. I didn't have a very good self-esteem because I kept embarassing myself in front of everybody with my lack of knowing how to do just about anything in life.

My grandfather went on to molest my sister, which pretty much tore my social life apart. He was my best friend up until that point, and I didn't know how to back to that - I felt betrayed. So, basically he was pushed out of my life. It really hurt. I had a very close relationship with him. Later on, my other grandparents were pushed away for certain reasons. I was basically distant from everybody. When I go to school, I just sit there and look high and depressed. People will push me around for fun, and I'll just stand there because I don't have the confidence. I just let things wash aside and let them stomp away at my pride.

So, basically, I'm at the same point I was a year ago. No girlfriend - when girls like me, I puss out and they find someone else. No real social life - I always try to get away from my friends to be alone because I don't like doing social stuff that much anymore because I feel so down when I do. I'm talking to my grandparents - but I feel sick for doing so. I can't talk to them, my cousions or even my dad without feeling uncomfortable or insecure around them. I havent even did anything wrong but I feel that way around them. So I lie my way from them.

That may not seem big to others, but that was pretty deep to me. Especially, since me and you have a lot in common.