Depression

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Andrea, Jan 19, 2004.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

Especially with Mach3 protective bars around. :lol:

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

*lmao* Boo yes.

I get depressed sometimes too for no reason at all. In retrospect my life isn't all that bad. I have a great home and a good background so there's no reason for me to complain at all but sometimes I still feel like I'm lacking socially. I pretty much don't have a life, a best friend or a boyfriend. It's not deep depression though so I can always cheer myself up with music. :)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Do you guys want to know what I do when I'm feeling depressed?

Well, do you?

You've made it this far, I'm guessing that you do.

Well, here's what I do:

I go outside, stare at the sun and whack myself in the kneecap with a hammer.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Dork. :lol:

You made me scroll that far.

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

silly derek, he's told us that already. :p
    boredom=depression :lol:

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

I beat my fists into bricks. I put a hole in my kitchen wall and one in my room. My parents don't care though, because they know I was pissed off. My brother kicked a door in once and they just had him replace it.

Yeah my parents are pretty cool with things like that. B)

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

wow, they must be understanding, or just really nice.

TeMpEsT

They don't know about the bricks but they do know about the walls, need to mention that. ^_^

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

theres this poster at school, that helps you recognise depression, some key things are

Weight Loss - Even when you eat normally
    Insomnia - Lack of sleep
    Weak - no energy, very lazy and cant do much each day
    Stress - Continually stressed, usually causing tears
    Death - thoughts of dying

i dont want to sound simpathetic, but i feel i suffer from all of the above, its weird, i dont feel like i wanna die, but i feel really down when i think about it, and i always worry about my future ect, i dunno, mayby its just me

TeMpEsT

I guess you just worry too much?

I don't sleep much, but that's by choice. Usually I'm lucky to have 2-3 hours of sleep per night. ^_^
    I don't really lose weight, because I work out and I'm skinny. When you're skinny and you work out every other day, you seem to GAIN weight day by day. It's odd.
    I wouldn't say I'm stress, I think I'm just mellow. People say I look like a burnout but I don't smoke weed. :wth:
    I've always thought of death since I was a kid, and it really never scared me. It's not that I fear death or I don't fear death, it's just that it's not a big point to me. I'm more afraid of losing other people around me.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

There's also :

Eating way too much.
    Hypersomnia (or something like this) : Sleeping a lot, but not a good sleep.

Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

There's also :

Eating way too much.
    Hypersomnia (or something like this) : Sleeping a lot, but not a good sleep. [/b][/quote]
    When I was depressed, I had all the symptoms, except for hypersomnia. My hair actually started falling out, I was practically shedding. I also had some really weird dreams involving me being poked to death by needles.... :chemist:

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I suffer from all of those too. :mellow:

crazy_caos

crazy_caos Well-Known Member

There's also :

Eating way too much.
    Hypersomnia (or something like this) : Sleeping a lot, but not a good sleep. [/b][/quote]
    ah¿? I sleep a lot, until 12:30 pm and when I wake up, it hurts me the whole body and gives me headache :mellow:
    and the other thing well, I'm always stressed, but I don't cry, I don't eat to much, but it's because I'm always full, and yeah I'm very lazy, but it's because I inly have 4 days more of vacations so I have to be as lazy as I ca. and it's weird now, cause lately I'm not depressed as I was always.

Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I feel kind dumb, since I've been through it twice and neither time has been such a huge thing. The first time, I found out I had some disease, but it was nothing serious. Not long ago, maybe a week ago, I was depressed because I felt that I wasn't getting anything out of life, every day is such a routine. I've noticed that whenever I feel depressed and get all those symptoms, I don't even realize it's happening, I'll just wonder why I feel this way until it hits me. I've taken a few days off school though, so I'm pretty much cured again. And it definetely helps to have people you can talk to about it. :D

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

but i cant tell if i have energy loss tho, cuz i have kidney stones, and now ive had it for so long, the other kidney has to do the work for 2, so i get exhausted really fast

Trish

Trish Y2K LPA VIP

Well, this is something that I have had for a long time.

It all started when my mum and two sisters moved to a different state. Really far away. That was hard for me to handle because though I don't like my mum much, my sisters are everything. My best friends, my family, everything. When I got over that, another problem arose.

At school, my 'friends' all turned their backs on me because I changed. In attitude, interests and appearance. They didn't like me anymore, because they didn't want me to change. They wanted me to stay the same stereotypical b#tch I was.

There was also the stress of schoolwork, and there still is. I have a concentration problem and that stuffed up everything in my last 4 years of school.

Then it got to the point of injuring myself. The cuts on my arms. No one seemed to notice or care for the first few months. Then my english teacher noticed and made me see the school counsellor. Then the school counsellor made me see a doctor, and the doctor wanted me to a see a counsellor at the local health center because it was the school holidays and I wouldn't be able to see the school one. The counsellors didn't help at all, they seemed to make it all worse.

Then comes the one thing that can either make you happy, or screw up your life. Love. In love with someone I don't know, can't have, and who doesn't know me. Some of you may know who this is. Seeing him just killed me. But I had to see him. He was who I loved, but also who I admire alot. I would always break down and cry and not stop for hours.

I can say the other things aren't as bad now. But the love is now worse than ever.

Suicide, I can't say I haven't thought about it. But there is no way I would go through with it.

TeMpEsT

I cause myself to depression. I think of depressing things that have happened to me through my life, and I let them to this day dwell on me. I try to forget the past, and try to look more towards my future.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I have all those. But I think it's normal to have those. It's just something everyone goes through.

I recently have been suffering mood changes. I've been very moody lately. Like, I'm really happy and than all the sudden I am down. It's probably just the pills.