DBS "Out of Ashes" Due Out October 13th

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Yeah, i was going to say something like this. Sounds like the sort of hard rock music i was never into. Hopefully there'll be at least a couple good tracks i'll get out of this. So far it seems a lot more Serj Tankian than Steven Wilson (not in terms of sound lol, it terms of how much i'll enjoy it).

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

You want to calm down there?

MtM was more like LP than DBS is.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Anything created by Linkin Park is, by definition, part of their style. Minutes to Midnight is part of Linkin Park's style just as much as anything else they've ever done.

Perhaps because there's more to good music than what Linkin Park circa 2000-2006 had to offer?

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

sorry, i was refering to DBS with that part

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Chester didn't start out screaming(Grey Daze). His music was his own. It may seem generic to you but when one writes their music to center the emotion of their life, I call that creative and meaningful. There's something much more to the music. It sounds like you submit to one genre when you make reference to the screaming. I like Linkin Park because their music has meaning and its so much more complex than any other band out there. Just because their sound has changed doesn't mean their passion has. I don't exactly need the screaming and turntables to make me happy. I just need Linkin Park to write and create something they put their hearts into. I still choose to love Linkin Park because I feel as they did do this with MTM as well. A lot of people are blinded and submissive to their earlier sound and they expect a repetitive continuity. That to me doesn't make sense. They're complexed and will continue to experiment which makes them one of the all time best bands IMO. To each his own I guess....

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

tl;dr

Sorry, that was a little disrespectful, i did read it all, but your rant went way off track at pretty much the second line.

Trumtram

i see, there is still some misleading, im sorry about that. i re-arrange my original post for you all to get its meaning ;)

what i basically tried to imply, is the biased view of linkin parks community concerning dead by sunrise. from what i heard SO FAR, it seems (musically) that DBS is just some generic riffing with a great vocalist. there are so many bands out there who have the same premises but at the same time they are getting bad talk because of being pretty lame musically and can't offer anything special in addition to that, which i fully understand.
    one might say the music doesnt matter that much, it's the vocals and the lyrics which i might agree to certain extent. but i honestly dont see the point in listening to mediocre songs.
    just wanna point out that im refering to the live versions which might not display the full potential of the actual songs, please keep this in mind before you start to get all over me again. i'll take all my criticism back once the studio versions of the songs are getting released and are actually worthwhile FOR ME.

losing my interest in linkin park doesn't mean i stop worship stuff they did in the past. they came up with an innovative sound which was guitar wisely weak at very many points, too, but overall accomplished to sound interesting and fresh. they helped me with their music as they did with almost everyone on these boards and i wont deny that.
    but seeing them perform in their strictly rehearsed way live does nothing for me anymore. so does "new divide" and MOST of their post-meteora stuff (especially lyrically).
    i will check out the new album and am still eager to know how it may sound (lockjaw comes to mind). but the times of being in the LPU, going to as many shows as possible and download every live show i could find are officially over and im happy with not being that addicted to them as i used to be.
    im not blinded about their old stuff at all, as i would call myself pretty openminded when it comes to evolving as a band. i just dont enjoy the new sound. though i take M2M as an experimenting phase and will keep my final verdict for the release of the next album.

sorry for the rant, but it was important to me to clarify my view on DBS and linkin park because there seemed to be a great misunderstanding.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
    Nobody Can Shave Me Now

I am in no way being disrespectful. It's only mere opinion and prospective. Really not so much a rant. Trust me it all fits together my friend. I am just laying it out there. Why when he speaks his opinion, you say nothing? Why when I speak my opinion, its disrespectful? Clue me in my friend. ^_^

The_4GT10_fACE

The_4GT10_fACE Well-Known Member

This is gonna be great as far as I heard, it is just only 2 months away and was waiting for this for years... Damn, wondering if it is going to do better than Fort Minor, could be :p I am just waiting till the full songs are there and I mean the studio versions :D

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

I like this much better. Very well explained. Im not trying to get on your case neither. You are more than welcome to your opinion and I respect it. :)

Trumtram

glad we could work this out :)

Isthil

Isthil Member

wow, you all's just hound doggin each other mad like.

I, personally, can't wait for this to come out just because I think it will be a look into Chester, as Chester. Not Chester as Linkin Park. It's the same way I felt about Fort Minor, because it was a chance to look at Mike, as Mike instead of looking at him through Linkin Park. I can't wait for this because I want to see what Chester does on his own with a different influence from other people.

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

I think he was referring to himself, when he said that this was disrespectful. One line above he wrote tl;dr (which means too long; didn't read). But he did read it, so no harm done :)

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Thanks bro.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Ok. Well I would rather get along with everyone here. Were all here for the same reason after all! :D;)

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Meh.. I dont think so
    with all due respect to Chester and this project
    I think MTM sounded better
    ....at least from what I've heard
    if MTM would have sounded like this it would be a much bigger departure from what LP had done then MTM was already
    AND! would have throw more bitchfits then MTM did :lol:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Can't say I like My Suffering very much but the other songs seem ok now.

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

I like all of them so far, not more not less, and "Fire" most and "Crawl back in" least.
    If there's one line I don't want to hear ever again from ANY band, it is "I don't want to be like them". As true as it maybe, the story of being different is told by every rockband (which is fine with me) and enough rockbands have used this plain sentence to describe their feeling. I would have loved Chester to have written the same thing in a "fresher" way.
    But perhaps I should read the whole song first anyway...

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I think the lyric being sung was "I don't wanna be like this", not them. Still awfully generic however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.