Creed

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by SamohtCela, Nov 23, 2010.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

[YOUTUBE]JHUF00Q6CYs[/YOUTUBE]

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

So Casey, you're saying you don't like the music he writes.
    That doesn't define him as a good guitarist or not...

And I really wasn't implying that you're opinion is moot if you don't play guitar.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Damn...Casey gets a lot of hate on this board. Let the man speak his mind. No need for everyone to catch feelings because he doesn't like your favorite band.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Well, when someone posts an opinion on something online, or anywhere in general, then they are going to get some kind of feedback, whether it be positive or negative. Just saying.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

People do need to understand though that when someone posts a negative opinion and sounds angry, they don't actually hate the people they are expressing their opinion to. Everyone gets so emotional here when someone does that and it goes way overboard. Casey was fine.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I'm not hating on him at all, I appreicate the fact that he actually gives his honest opinion.
    The only purpose of my last post was to make sure he knows I respect his opinion.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

To be fair, I hate everyone on the board, so he isn't getting any special treatment.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

The only album I heard from them was Weathered and I really liked it. I was 14 so maybe it isn't as good as I remember.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

That wasn't rude in the slightest.

And I'm sorry, I listen to anything that man does and I don't like it. It doesn't sound good to me. I don't care about technical progression and wah-wah pedals or whatever else defines someone being "good". It simply doesn't sound good to me, therefore, I do not like it.

It's like people saying Delson is an amazing guitarist. I just don't get it, and I'm not going to try to, because even if their guitar SKILLZ is just mind blowing, I still have to sit through a Linkin Park or Creed or Alter Bridge song, which I'm simply not going to do if I don't have to.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Actually Casey you did come off rude/harsh in your reply, and even if you don't see it that way...if a few people in this thread (mods, and members) asked you to chill, it's clear and obvious you could have constructed your posts in here a lot better.

And to address earlier in this thread, Casey is not treated differently on these boards because he's Casey. Nor do we 'moderate harsher' on certain members because of who they are or their reputation. Everyone here (whether they're a newbie with 10 posts or a veteran with 10,000) all adhere to the same set of rules. We encourage all members here to address their opinions in a positive, friendly and non-confrontational manner, and to follow the rules and guidelines of these boards. If a member is found to be rude, or breaking the rules, naturally we are going to ask them to "relax" or to "read the rules" and this applies to everyone. There is no bias against certain members on here, and even if our members with 10,000+ posts step out of line we're going to say something.

So with that in mind, please continue on in this thread.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

People write off creed for being too Christian, but they're actually pretty good.

Jeff

I don't care one way or another on what religion any band is. I just don't really care for em very much.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I write them off for this:

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

But in the end, all christian bands are bad.

(Should note that the lyrics have to be christian related, rather than the band members being christian)

I have never listened to Creed before, I assume they're like last generation's Nickleback or something, so I assume this is a good thing.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I don't need to hear a bunch of religious BS when listening to music, I refuse to listen to Creed or any other Christian band.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Creed aren't even a fucking Christian band. They never were. People just associated Christian themes with their lyrics, which I'm sure if you tried hard enough, could be done with almost any band.

There's also a difference from the band having members who may be Christian and the band being a "Christian band".

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Then again, their albums were released by Wind Up Records, a Christian rock label...

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

This.

Jeff

Not even close. Drowning Pool are FAR from being a Christian band and are signed up on the label.

http://www.winduprecords.com/

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I agree with Dean, Alter Bridge over Creed.

Also, I wouldn't have expected a band like Creed would be a cause of argument on LPA.