CONFIRMED: LPU 9 CD To Feature Unreleased Band Demos, and New Song

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? Obligatory? How'd they do it better? Totally your opinion(and your comment comes across elitist).

In my opinion, NIN and Pearl Jam paved the way for artists like Linkin Park. How many of your favorite bands have multiple EPs out with tons of high quality live performances? And where most of the live songs are done differently than on album? I bet you probably can't list me ten.

A lot of bands just release one live album and people want to more, but with Linkin Park there's an excess of live material. That is amazing and extraordinary for a band to have, and your little list just proves that, because Pearl Jam and NIN fucking rock.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I was talking about in terms of things people would actually want to hear. I'm well aware of the 5 slightly varying versions of Points of Authority out there, I was thinking more in terms of drastically different, such as the aforementioned Mike Shinoda versions of different songs.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Well you did say MY favorite bands...

1) Pearl Jam (list of official bootlegs... there are many)
    2) Nine Inch Nails - Went so far as to release over 400gb of raw HD footage so fans could create their own DVDs. Also, free taping
    3) Jason Mraz - also actively supports taping of his shows in order to make sure he plays songs differently EACH AND EVERY TIME.
    4) Vienna Teng -
    5) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Obligatory.
    6) Muse
    7) Dream Theater
    8) Bob Dylan
    9) Queen
    10) Foo Fighters

And I wasn't TRYING to sound elitist, I'm just saying that high quality recordings of shows are not hard to come by anymore. And LP doesn't exactly perform the songs ALL that differently each show. They usually follow a formula to their unpredictability.

But anyways, woo demos!

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

I didn't mean bootlegs, I know they've been around forever. I said high quality, which means properly mixed soundboard recordings, not crowd recordings with random issues and needs to be heard in FLAC to be enjoyed. It seems like half of your list is composed of that.

But I'm not here to argue with you, I'm just being supportive of LP's efforts, which you seem to care little for.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see your 'woo, demos!' I guess you might like them after all. >_>
    And like I said, both Pearl Jam and NIN rock, AND RHCP.. and every other artist on your list, really. You picked epic artists, come on dude. :p LP are epic.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
    Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

still, you are wrong :p

there were demos for:
    in the end
    crawling
    part of me
    carousel
    points of authority
    a place for my head

which had different lyrics and even song segments

i think the mike versions of either LOATR and TLTGYA are pretty legit as i dont really see the wizard song being a real demo. the only snippet we have is from mike's homestudio and i think that it remained there in an early stage.

Nihilanth

Nihilanth Active Member

So will the new song be indicative of how the fourth album will sound or is it just "a good song that does not belong to the album"? Anything, and I mean anything else you can say about it as of right now?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Don't feed the troll.

But seriously, we ALL know about the various HT demos out there, chill out people.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Seeing as the band has been known to re-write their lyrics 90+ times (i.e. Somewhere I Belong) and also judging by the fact some of Hybrid Theory's songs were over 6 years old..I don't believe we've even began to scrape the tip of the iceberg in terms of demos that exist for Linkin Park. There is likely tons of unheard material that the band kept aside to release one day, and if this CD gets good reviews..I'm sure more demos will appear in the future.

Besides, we don't even know if all of these are demos of existing songs. They likely ARE, but in the same light they could be songs that were meant for the album but cut and thus never finished (Grecian, the infamous 'Picturebox' etc)...there's just no way of telling.

I think it's best to wait for late November/Mid-December or whenever the tracklist is revealed.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

The fuck? I just explained what I meant.

Derek

I love the tension in here. Everyone's getting so worked up over NOTHING. That's right, I said it: Nothing.

Calm down people.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Now that I think about it I don't think I would want the Wizard song on it
    it would have been good for the last LPU cd
    but I think the guys want to release something more serious this time around

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

I'm really sure the 'Wizard Song' was a joke and the band probably barely remembers it. Wasn't it just a random clip of them messing around from the Frat Party DVD? And people really think they'll release it one day? :lol:

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

It was from the Making Of Meteora thing
    if I remember correctly

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Oh haha okay I just watched it again, I remember this now. Maybe all the uncontrollable loud laughter in the background is the reason they're not releasing it? :ermm:

AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

I have no idea what the new album will sound like, so I can't say. I really enjoy the new track, though. To be honest, I don't know the bands music as well as you guys where I can even compare it to anything. haha. It's a great track though, but it's NOT my favorite on the CD... :whistling

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

What are you talking about, AdamLPUHQ? So you've actually heard the entire thing?

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Adam, in regards to the vinyl. Is it going to be the same content as whats on the LPU cd or will it be something different?

AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

Same content as CD.

Derek

Updated news post with this info. Thanks!

Errol

Errol Well-Known Member

I really hope the wizard song is on there, I can't wait to hear the full lyrics. And I'm so curious if maybe Pictureboard is on there, and we haven't had any Meteora demos, like.. ever. And of course, who can forget about Grecian and Japan from the Minutes to Midnight DVD? I think this is going to be epic! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.