Collision Course is Awesome

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ECU Tekkie, Nov 23, 2004.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

iam with you on this one!

i like all of the tracks on CC but i know where people are coming from when they say there could of been more work put into it, considering they only had two days together i think its pretty darn good.

its a bit of fun, people forget that LP are just normal, just like us, and at the end of the day when they are older they would like to say to themselves that they had no regrets and did everything that they could. and CC is one of those things IMO. its not every day that you get the chance to put out a cd with Jay-Z is it? i would imagine that its pretty special - it might suck - it might not - but who gives a shit? its all about experience. we are just following them as fans on the LP rollercoaster, which costs 12 quid everytime they release an album - but i shell out because iam a fan.

stop giving the album such a hard time, if you dont like what you hear its simple dont buy it!

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

[sigh]

Mash-ups are done half-assedly, that's how they are done. Doing it not-half-assedly would make them a remix. To me it would have been better, I agree on that. But they just had four days, surely because of their tight agenda, so it wasn't possible for them to do a remix album. But it sounds pretty tight to me. That's what matters, I guess. And I also crave for some new music, but Collision Course is still pretty good.

I just noticed something...CC is being compared to Reanimation...

Oh no.

Soon we will have wars. HT and Reanimation in one side, Meteora and CC in another. I myself will be chilling with the EP and the Xero tracks ( :lol: ). But that would be really sad. And I think it's more probable to happen, because people will associate Collision Course's not-being-as-good-as-Reanimation-ness (which I don't criticize because of the reasons above) and their Meteora's not-as-good-as-Hybrid-Theory-ness (which I do criticize, because Meteora should have been better than what it was). Worse, it will lead people to think LP is not good anymore.

And that's a lie. I suggest just to analize LP's new-material releases, the rest is a snack between meals. You'll see that they are all good, Xero, EP, HT (their best); but Meteora, their last album, wasn't as good. But that's no reason to go away. Wait for next album. If it's disappointment, then it would be acceptable for people to leave.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

It lacks more songs. Only 6 sucks.

Stik

Stik Well-Known Member

You guys gotta remember, they only had four days to do this...which is why there is a lack of songs and work. If they had more time, I'm sure it would sound a lot more awesomer. B)

Niknil

Niknil Member

so, hmmm... i guess would it be quality or quantity? never the less, it's ok, 4 day's is pretty decent work. 6 tracks for $20.99 is questionable though. (let me get this straight, is it released with a dvd?)

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

It's released with a DVD.

|METEORA| MAN

|METEORA| MAN Well-Known Member

Can some please upload a Collision Course lyrics page?

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

you could just search for Jay-Z lyrics? :lol:

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

They only had 4 days? Ooook.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

They only had 4 days? Ooook. [/b][/quote]
    Yes. Two were studio days. One rehearsal day before the concert. And one was the concert I think. Mike did all the beats in one-two months while on tour.

|METEORA| MAN

|METEORA| MAN Well-Known Member

The next question seemed too insignificant to justify a new topic...On Izzo/In the End (I've met this phrase also in other places), what's Shizzle my nizzle (or whatever you write it)?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Fo' shizzle = For sure.
    My nizzle = My [derogative term for african americans here]

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Wow I love Big Pimpin'/Papercut but can never find the right version of it.

Anyone here care to IM me on MSN? :shifty:

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Fo' shizzle = For sure.
    My nizzle = My [derogative term for african americans here] [/b][/quote]
    Or [endearing term between African-Americans here]. It's interchangable depending on perspective.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Or [endearing term between African-Americans here]. It's interchangable depending on perspective. [/b][/quote]
    I was thinking of that while posting. Good point.

EvilDude

EvilDude Well-Known Member

I was disappointed because I guess I was expecting something new from LP like Reanimation. (Yes I know this isn't another Reanimation, but who can help not want more new stuff!)

After listening to Numb/Encore and Lying/Dirt and Jigga/Faint, I think Jigga/Faint seems to be the best song out of these. At least the first part of the song is awesome, I thought the lyrics went well together and the new bassline was pretty cool.

I like the new style in Lying, but then the actual song isn't that well done.

Numb / Encore disappointed me though. :( Numb was one of my fav tracks of Meteora, and I expected a lot better I suppose.

I'm very glad they didn't touch Breaking The Habit though.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

me too. i think Jigga/Faint should have been a single not Numb/Encore.The song's not that good

J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

I dont agree with that the cd is a remix maybe these 2 tracks a bit but it is if you like or not it is for MTV mash up show
    besides how much do you expect when they only worked 4 days on it?

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

me too. i think Jigga/Faint should have been a single not Numb/Encore.The song's not that good [/b][/quote]
    Personally, i think that LP shouldn't have released any single that involved a single they had already released. Which by default left Lying From You as the only option as it wasn't ever offcialy released as a single.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

The only things I disliked about it are:

- Was expecting more tracks.
    - The transition from POA to OSC wasn't all that great.

Besides that, I like it. It's weird hearing Mike say "You can kiss our whole asshole" though.