Coldplay's New Album Under Major Fire

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Shiraz, Jun 6, 2005.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

By far the best album of 2005. I have to wait until I hear 30 Seconds To Mars' new album, though.

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

I dont know how they are full of themselves...but I've never really watched an interview or anything...I just really like their music.

I personally LOVE radiohead (especially their computer "shit" B) ) but they are two completely different bands in my opinion, so I dont know why their fans are being such jerks

I like radioheads lyrics to......but they arnt as good as coldplays....I mean come one......"unborn chicken voices".....and "laugh until my head comes off" arent exactly deep relatable lyrics

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I completely disagree with Derek and his thoughts on Radiohead. I like their Creep days, but their albums like Kid A and OK Computer are beautiful. It gives me a sense of calm and serenity.

It's just the way they wanted to move to. Same with Coldplay, although they haven't really progressed their music any. Atleast Radiohead progressed their music, whether you think it was good or bad. Go listen to Creep and then How To Disappear Completely. They've progressed. Coldplay hasn't, but that's fine. Why change a formula if it's working.

Me, personally, I don't like Coldplay. Never will. But if other people like them, that's fine. I just think it's uninspired, but then again I listen to noise music like Merzbow.

Offtopic, I really like the shot of the band at the end of the video for Speed Of Sound.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Ehh I guess Radiohead doesnt totally suck, but it just sounds to me like the lead singing is doing more moaning then singing. It's why I cant stand the Deftones (except for maybe "Change (In The House of Flies)" ) because he does a lot of 'oohhh uhhhhh' type singing which grates on my nerves.

And sure, they've progressed but "Creep" was one of the best songs of the 90's imho.

Shiraz

Shiraz Well-Known Member

Actually, I think they've progressed very nicely. Listen to Parachutes, and then listen to X&Y. You can tell that they have refined their music tenfold.

:lol: :lol: :lol: they did that because when Speed of Sound was first released in the UK top 40, it had been placed secnd, down only to Crazy Frog's new single, this shitty rendition of the worl's most hated ringtone. I mean, you gotta admit, Chris Martin does have a sense of humor.