CNN - Georgia law allows guns in some schools, bars, churches

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by RazorEye, Apr 23, 2014.

Zachary

Zachary Banned

I honestly just don't understand the sudden need for guns that America has had lately. Before Sandy Hook and all this ''outlaw guns'' stuff was being talked about, I don't remember much people feeling the need to own firearms and everything. People I know in my area that I would have NEVER pictured owning a gun, etc, all have them now. I think Richard Patrick from Filter really tackled how I feel on the gun laws head on in that interview he did with Derek for Altwire. I don't want to piss anyone off here but yeah. I don't feel like all guns should be banned, but there should be certain restrictions and precautions taken, etc. For example, why does an American feel the need to be able to own an assault rifle? There are other guns you can purchase to ''keep you safe'' or ''hunt'' out there besides an assault rifle. And the fact that Richard Patrick's wife and kids were in a prius and just because they had an ''outlaw guns'' sticker on their car, a big huge truck with a gun supporting sticker tried to run them off the road, etc. That is the shit that I don't like. America has become an extremely violent country, almost every day I am watching the news and hear about murders in high school, shootings, stabbings, gang wars, heroin, etc.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Juliet

Juliet Well-Known Member

You say "sane" criminals as if people that are willing to commit mass shootings are of completely regular mind states. That being said though, I'm not for or against having guns on you at all times. I just feel like bad people are always gonna exist, and no matter what laws you have, there will always be people getting killed regardless whether they could defend themselves or not. I still stand by the argument that to lower these shootings that we see on the news we need better mental health programs. People need to be aware that it's ok to get health, it shouldn't be a taboo you avoid until you finally crack.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This. The world is full of evil people that will kill people for one of three reasons... "Power," there is monetary gain, or they are completely off their fucking rocker. If there were no guns, people would still find a way to hurt and kill other people, unfortunately. And besides the last of the three things mentioned, I am afraid the arguement for mental help won't help when there is money to be made or "power" to be gained.