Cleared Up!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by USAF.07, Mar 29, 2005.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The live version is not the demo. There are many live versions that are all like that, no rap solo, etc.

Paranoia doesn't make sense when you think about it... why would you have a working title for a song that already has a working title?

Hmm. ;)

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

The live version is not the demo. There are many live versions that are all like that, no rap solo, etc.

Paranoia doesn't make sense when you think about it... why would you have a working title for a song that already has a working title?

Hmm. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Agreed, Paranoia is a myth; Plaster is so rare but was available at one time it seems, and And One doesn't have a demo.

Hopefully hybridtheory_gc gets to see this and we can put this to rest.

hybridtheory_gc

hybridtheory_gc Well-Known Member

I do have plaster and I am convinced that Paranoia does not exist.

That is my final word on this.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Proove it or its bullshit.

USAF.07

And One doesn't have a demo either it appears. I've been told from a few different people that the version found on the 9 track "demo" cd is the same as the EP version and that's the version on the Chester Sings website you probably got it from hybridtheory_gc.

I've listened to both versions myself and do not hear a difference, besides that cd was released after Hybrid Theory EP so why would it be a demo? I don't know why it was named that in the first place.

hybridtheory_gc

The Reason it was named as And one demo is because it was a demo or a b-side (songs that did not make the cut) for Hybrid Theory ( Just Like the carousel and part of me demos.)

Thats why it was a high quality version but its just the same.

As for plaster, I've checked most of the differences posted by other members between it and one step closer and it indeed has them.

Stuff like the drums being different around the 19th to 21st second of the song and the no echo from papercut at the beginning thing.

There is not much difference really but im sure it is the real plaster/ About exactly 2:35 long.

so this isn't bullshit nate, infact I have the rarest LP demo.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Again I say, proove it. Word of mouth is never reliable.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Dry that one out and you can fertilize the lawn. What you probably have is a low quality one step closer.

;)

USAF.07

Well technically then it's just misnamed, a demo would mean it was created before the original HT EP And One and not afterwards or as a b-side so then in fact it's just a b-side, nothing more because it's the same version. The only demos that exist for HT EP should be Carousel and Part Of Me Demo. Even on Chester Sings And One is listed as a b-side so you are probably right about maybe it being a HT b-side but the perception that it's a demo is wrong and misleading on your own personal media lists.

As for Plaster I cannot even verify what the real Plaster sounds like (not many can) but I know for a fact if you found it off a P2P program it's not Plaster, there's over 10 warped versions of OSC floating around. The ONLY way to confirm it would be to contact someone who's had it since the old HT days and send them your copy to confirm, but if I had to bet on it then I'd say unless you were around to download it off the HT website when they first started you probably don't have it and there's little integrity in claiming you do based just on the opinions of a few posters who probably think they all have the correct version too.

hybridtheory_gc

Actually, I do think that all of them (And One, Part of Me, and Carousel) are b-sides of Hybrid Theory. As for my list, then i'll fix that.

And about Plaster, Im convinced that it is the real demo so i don't need to convince you nate or anyone else because as far as i know, I do have it.

USAF.07

Again I don't know if you indeed have it or not but if you want to be 100% certain (and I know as a follow collector of non-album LP material that being correct is important to the integrity of your collection) make sure you get independent verification from as many people as you can that had access to it back when it was available, otherwise you're taking the chance of lying to yourself and everyone else by saying you own one of the rarest LP demos out there. I know it sucks doing the research and asking the questions and I've been there but when you finally get the right answers it's all worth it and if I were in your position I would do everything in my power to verify if it was the original Plaster before claiming it was. If you don't make the effort to find out more then your collection has no credibility and it's doubtful that people will want to trade based on that; I know it's easier just to say you own it but like I said, collectors need to do this kind of research, especially with music files. Best of luck.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

And One, Part of Me, and Carousel were all most likely b-sides that were considered for Hybrid Theory but didn't make the cut. Since the demo CD those 3 were on consisted of 6 demos of Hybrid Theory tracks, they were probably all recorded around the same time (note that all the tracks except And One sound the same quality-wise). The Part of Me and Carousel demos may have actually been recorded after the EP's release, but they were still demos for Hybrid Theory. I'm really not sure why the And One from the EP was used on the demo CD, maybe they just didn't change anything about the song like they did with Carousel and Part of Me, so they just used the same version on the demo CD.

If you think about it, the EP was a demo CD itself kinda. Notice that on the In the End single Step Up is labeled as "Step Up (1999 Demo)". And One may have had a demo recorded but it never appeared anywhere (I believe this based on how the live version is so different from the EP version, it had to have been changed at some point).

As for Plaster...trust me, I've thought I've had Plaster on many different occasions. To me it just seems so unlikely that a demo version would be so similar to the final version. Granted, Now I See is very similar to the final version, but the reason is it was more or less just the pre-mixing recording of the song, the only real difference other than various volume levels is the soft guitar harmonics in the verses are slightly different. Plaster could exist at that pre-mixing stage too and still have the name Plaster, but chances are it would have had to be on some CD to come out at that stage. Plus, if Plaster was released, it would have been on hybridtheory.com, which would mean it would have been at an earlier stage than that.

Who knows, maybe you do have the real Plaster, but you can't be 100% sure. Believe me, I have in my possession a couple of songs I can't confirm. I've got something that is supposedly a My}Dsmbr demo, and I've got various "Plaster"s, and at one point I thought I had an Enth e Nd demo, which turned out to be fake. None of these go on any of my trading lists, because I don't want to be giving people things I'm not positive are real. You've probably heard of the song Ground Xero by Mark Wakefield, the old Xero singer, right? I was the original person that found that song, and I held onto it for a couple months until I knew it was indeed Mark. It took me a while to confirm that there were 3 demos of By Myself, and 3 demos of A Place for My Head as well, but trust me, nothings greater than the feeling of finally being positive you have something rare! So if I were you, I'd hold onto this song you've got, and only give it to people who can help you find out if it's real or not, and do everything you can to put it to rest. The ending result will be one more song you can be sure of one way or another, and that's a good thing.

hybridtheory_gc

yeah, i know how you feel so I'll try to do as much research as possible to really confirm if i do have the real plaster.

And BTW, i didn't know there were 3 demos of by myself. I only have Superxero and By myself demo.

USAF.07

Yeah that makes two of us lol but glad to hear there may only be 3 versions for the Place For My Head demo since I have only 3 (thought there was 4)

Wow :( demo hunting gives me a headache

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah that makes two of us lol but glad to hear there may only be 3 versions for the Place For My Head demo since I have only 3 (thought there was 4)

Wow :( demo hunting gives me a headache [/b][/quote]
    Well there's 4 if you count the live one on Frat Party, I wasn't including that one, so yeah there's 4.

And the 3rd By Myself demo is only slightly different from the other 2, same as how the 3 non-live APFMH demos are.

USAF.07

Okay, for A Place For My Head can you tell me what my other two are and which one I need since I have the live Frat party one in Mike's studio.

(Both names are matched to the two versions found on this site)

One is 3:11 long and I call this A Place For My Head (Demo), in the bridge Chester says "stay away" then screams "go away". The 1st verse is different from the Hybrid Theory version (riding in with a head...)

The other is 3:13 and I believe this is Esaul, and in the bridge Chester screams "go away" the entire time. Again, the 1st verse is different from the Hybrid Theory version (riding in with a head...)

Do you know the length and/or differences in the third so I know what to look for?

----------------------

As for the By Myself demos, again I've matched the lyrics with the names and have SuperXero (3:17 long) and By Myself (Demo) which is 3:18 long. Any info on the third?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

hybridtheory_gc

I have 4 versions of the APFMH demos. One is the studio demo of esual and the second is the APFMH demo. Now i have 2 versions of esaul 1 is 3:08 long and another is 3:09. I don't know if the 2 are the same or not.

Melonman64

Melonman64 Well-Known Member

I think I might by some small chance have Plaster, but I can't verify its credibility. It just sounds like someone put a boombox in front of a computer microphone, so I doubt it is the real Plaster.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

You shouldn't be talkin' to others like that...just some advice.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Umm, guys? This thread is old...